The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

disputing a speeding ticket

2gingers1cup

Holy crap this thread escalated so fast. My initial post was just a couple of quick questions about the court system and how it works with speeding tickets. I have been court watching before and have seen cops not show up for a disputed ticket. The offender then pleaded not guilty and he didn't have to pay a fine. I was just wondering if this type of situation is still possible because I saw this last year. Perhaps I should have gone more in-depth in my post.

I just wanted to get an extension to pay my fine. I know what I did was wrong. I am known as one of the safer drivers in my friend groups. I almost never speed and always follow traffic rules. I took driving lessons for a reason. This one time I did it because I was driving in an area where I don't usually drive with my mom in the car. She has ulcer colitis and has to go to the bathroom numerous times a day. I had to rush her to a bathroom.

But people are so quick to judge me. Don't judge me if you don't know me please. Like I said, I know what I did was wrong and I'm willing to pay the fine once I get the funds. I was just wondering if I could dispute the ticket and get an extension on paying the fine because on the back of the ticket it says that if I don't pay it within 30 days it will go on my record and I don't want that to happen.

Anyways... thanks to those that answered my questions in a positive sense. And to those who called me irresponsible, immature, and an idiot.. well, I can retaliate but I'd rather not

Archived