The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

bigger stonger younger 3rd line

Cucumber

Iet's say luongo does indeed get traded to Toronto for colborne and some other pieces from both side but let just focus on our colborne. if kassian and jansen both make the team next year than our 3rd line will be what MG wants a bigger stonger and younger team here is a line that helps his idea

kassian 6'3 colborne6'5 jansen6'3

all are over 6foot all are 22 or younger kassian 213Ib colborne 175Ib and jansen 186Ib. than Hansen will move to the 4th line with lappy and malhotra

this 3rd line will all depend if all 3 are ready for the nhl if they are this line could be the line to put us over the top to help us finally win a cup in the next few years.

Well that depends on whether AV is confident with those rookies but IMO that line won't be happening for a long time if we do indeed get Colborne as we still have Higgins who is more mature and experienced and those players aren't as developed yet.

As usual no one has Jordan Schroeder in the mix. Guess better stats than the departed Cody doesn't mean squat.

Why the heck did the Canucks draft Jordan Schroeder. No honestly I want someone to explain why they drafted this guy in the first round.

Guess Gillis and his crew had him pegged all along on the third or fourth line to add size and muscle and to add that grit factor but I guess he didn't prove himself capable of that role in the minors.

Hodgson is 4 inches taller and carries the same weight as Jordan, yet Cody was the second coming to most fans, and Schroeder who is equally adept offensively and can skate much better than Hodgson is cast aside by most of you because he didn't have that World Junior Championship pedigree or those enormous OHL stats.

Hope at least the Canuck organization is going to give Jordan every chance to succeed the way they did Hodgson because it certainly seems so far anyway that a lot of Canuck fans won't.

As usual no one has Jordan Schroeder in the mix. Guess better stats than the departed Cody doesn't mean squat.

Why the heck did the Canucks draft Jordan Schroeder. No honestly I want someone to explain why they drafted this guy in the first round.

Guess Gillis and his crew had him pegged all along on the third or fourth line to add size and muscle and to add that grit factor but I guess he didn't prove himself capable of that role in the minors.

Hodgson is 4 inches taller and carries the same weight as Jordan, yet Cody was the second coming to most fans, and Schroeder who is equally adept offensively and can skate much better than Hodgson is cast aside by most of you because he didn't have that World Junior Championship pedigree or those enormous OHL stats.

Hope at least the Canuck organization is going to give Jordan every chance to succeed the way they did Hodgson because it certainly seems so far anyway that a lot of Canuck fans won't.

With all due respect, in my opinion they did not draft in the first round a 5' 8" - 180 lb. kid from a US college so they could develop him into a "two-way player". They drafted him because he has offence, what he's learning in the AHL is how to play more responsibly defensively but irregardless of that I still hope they give Schroeder the same opportunity they gave Hodgson because to be quite honest Cody hadn't figured out the AHL by the time he came up either.

Archived