The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

bigger stonger younger 3rd line

Cucumber

If Jensen is given a shot with the big club an sticks, i would like to see him or Kassian

tried on the 2nd line with Kesler and Booth. That is if Raymond struggles out of the

gate and throughout most of the season.

Well i would like to see Hansen tried in a top six role, i think he is really close to being

ready for that kind of responsibility now.

What do you guys think?

Why not try to move Lappy up to the 3rd line?

And then address "size and strength" on the wings.

Raymond Lapierre Hansen (really good, skilled checking line with speed)

Pahlsson Malhotra Moen (great defensive

checking line with size and strength)

Hodgson was and always will be a better player than Schroeder, that said I like Schroeder but don't see any reason to force him into the line up. We are going for a big punishing 3rd and 4th line, obviously not a good fit for him and our top 6 is near impossible to crack down the middle. He will get a shot at the 2nd line center job until Kes comes back, very interested to see what he does with it.

In both cody and jordan's defence, our AHL squad was and still is pretty dismal.

it's sad cause Schroeder is our only centre prospect with a shot at the top 6 but not many small guys like him make it as a top 6 centre, more realistically he'll be forced to wing like Parise and Kane were, but this is how he'd make the Canucks top 6 as the 2nd line could really use a skilled playmaker with speed on that line and Schroeder brings this, I could see him sticking as a winger.

With all due respect, in my opinion they did not draft in the first round a 5' 8" - 180 lb. kid from a US college so they could develop him into a "two-way player". They drafted him because he has offence, what he's learning in the AHL is how to play more responsibly defensively but irregardless of that I still hope they give Schroeder the same opportunity they gave Hodgson because to be quite honest Cody hadn't figured out the AHL by the time he came up either.

As usual no one has Jordan Schroeder in the mix. Guess better stats than the departed Cody doesn't mean squat.

Why the heck did the Canucks draft Jordan Schroeder. No honestly I want someone to explain why they drafted this guy in the first round.

Guess Gillis and his crew had him pegged all along on the third or fourth line to add size and muscle and to add that grit factor but I guess he didn't prove himself capable of that role in the minors.

Hodgson is 4 inches taller and carries the same weight as Jordan, yet Cody was the second coming to most fans, and Schroeder who is equally adept offensively and can skate much better than Hodgson is cast aside by most of you because he didn't have that World Junior Championship pedigree or those enormous OHL stats.

Hope at least the Canuck organization is going to give Jordan every chance to succeed the way they did Hodgson because it certainly seems so far anyway that a lot of Canuck fans won't.

How does he have better stats than Cody? Schroeder never played in the NHL, Cody did and acquitted himself very well: 19 G 22 A, for 5th highest among rookie scorers. Schroeder had 0 NHL points - how is that better?

In addition, Schroeder weighs 177 according to the Wolves and Hodgson weighs 185 according to Buffalo. In your universe does 185 equal 177?

I'd love to see Schroeder make the team - if he deserves to, and so would most Canuck fans, I'm sure, the problem is that the likelihood is small. But that said, I like all Vancouver players to do well - even after they are traded.

I been thinking lately colborne and jansen are not nhl ready yet and kassian might not be. so heres is a idea

sedins burrows

booth kesler higgins

kassian/raymond malhotra/lappy hansen

bitz malhotra/lappy volpatti

bieksa hamhuis

edler tanev

ballard salo

schnieder

lack

this is pretty realistic like it or not we won't have many sighings if MG can improve great if not I would be happy with this lineup

How does he have better stats than Cody? Schroeder never played in the NHL, Cody did and acquitted himself very well: 19 G 22 A, for 5th highest among rookie scorers. Schroeder had 0 NHL points - how is that better?

In addition, Schroeder weighs 177 according to the Wolves and Hodgson weighs 185 according to Buffalo. In your universe does 185 equal 177?

I'd love to see Schroeder make the team - if he deserves to, and so would most Canuck fans, I'm sure, the problem is that the likelihood is small. But that said, I like all Vancouver players to do well - even after they are traded.

As usual no one has Jordan Schroeder in the mix. Guess better stats than the departed Cody doesn't mean squat.

Why the heck did the Canucks draft Jordan Schroeder. No honestly I want someone to explain why they drafted this guy in the first round.

Guess Gillis and his crew had him pegged all along on the third or fourth line to add size and muscle and to add that grit factor but I guess he didn't prove himself capable of that role in the minors.

Hodgson is 4 inches taller and carries the same weight as Jordan, yet Cody was the second coming to most fans, and Schroeder who is equally adept offensively and can skate much better than Hodgson is cast aside by most of you because he didn't have that World Junior Championship pedigree or those enormous OHL stats.

Hope at least the Canuck organization is going to give Jordan every chance to succeed the way they did Hodgson because it certainly seems so far anyway that a lot of Canuck fans won't.

would AV try malhotra/lappy/higgins as 3C all 3 could be what we need malhotra big defensive guy lappy a guy that makes the other team hate you higgins havn't play center since he was in florida

raymond/kassian/higgins lappy/malhotra/higgins hansen

really - were not planning on having a checking line?

Kassian is offensive minded hard nosed

Jensen is offensive minded

they all lack the defensive part of the game - your 3rd line is suppose to be

your checking line that checks the opposing first or 2nd line..

Iet's say luongo does indeed get traded to Toronto for colborne and some other pieces from both side but let just focus on our colborne. if kassian and jansen both make the team next year than our 3rd line will be what MG wants a bigger stonger and younger team here is a line that helps his idea

kassian 6'3 colborne6'5 jansen6'3

all are over 6foot all are 22 or younger kassian 213Ib colborne 175Ib and jansen 186Ib. than Hansen will move to the 4th line with lappy and malhotra

this 3rd line will all depend if all 3 are ready for the nhl if they are this line could be the line to put us over the top to help us finally win a cup in the next few years.

Archived