The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Luongo for Phaneuf

I would like Phaneuf, he could be the big name defencmen that we're missing. But if we get Phaneuf, I would trade Bieksa and sign another right side dman (Garrison).

To STL: Bieksa

To VAN: Perron

To TOR: Lu

To VAN: Phaneuf

Sign Garrison

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Perron-Kesler-Booth

Higgins-Lapierre-Hansen

Weise-Manny-Kassian

Hamhuis-Phaneuf

Edler-Garrison

Ballard-Tanev

Cause Phaneuf can play the Right Side, so this is what I'm thinking.

To Tor: Lu (Possibly more)

To Van: Dion

Edler - Phaneuf

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Tanev

You can choose either Eddie-Dion or Hammer-Juice to be the top pair or split time between them, and if Ballard and Tanev can continue the play we saw in the playoffs we would have a reliable defense through pairs 1 to 3.

Guest BuckFoston

Oh for the sweet love of douchecanoes, you made almost 2,000 posts, you've been here 2 years, you KNOW there have been numerous threads on this trade alone, nevermind all the other infinite TOR/VAN proposals and yet you still make one to feel special.

Quit disrespecting the members with your redundancy.

Oh for the sweet love of douchecanoes, you made almost 2,000 posts, you've been here 2 years, you KNOW there have been numerous threads on this trade alone, nevermind all the other infinite TOR/VAN proposals and yet you still make one to feel special.

Schneider, Ballard and our 1st for Phaneuf and Gustafsson

Edler - Phaneuf

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Alberts - Salo

Tanev

Luongo

Gustafsson

That defence is going to win a Cup. It is built for the playoffs. That sort of physicality and size is how you go far, and is the perfect mix of skilled puck-movers (Bieksa, Edler), big shots (Salo, Phaneuf), big hitters (Phaneuf, Edler, Hamhuis, Alberts), solid defensive positioning (Hamhuis, Salo) and great leadership (Salo, Bieksa, Phaneuf).

Keep Luongo, he has playoff experience and has proven himself in big games - Schneider has not and will take a while to gain that experience. Enjoy your cup folks.

Even though he improved somewhat in his own end there is still No way in hell I would want that head hunting sac of garbage on this team . His defensive liability is huge . Phanuef is one of the worst skaters I have ever seen at the defensive position. Ask Calgary fans how bad he was in his own end ? On the Leafs anyone can look good with so many looking bad .

Normally I'm a cynical a-hole about proposals but the more I think about it the more I would love to have Phaneuf.

He'd thrive in our system with Edler.

Edler - Phaneuf

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Salo (Assuming he mostly likely isn't retiring, or pop in Garrison, Alberts or Tanev)

Tanev - Alberts

My counter trade is:

To Toronto:

Luongo (G)

Raymond (F) (RFA)

To Vancouver:

Phaneuf (D)

Gustavsson (G) (UFA)

Even though he improved somewhat in his own end there is still No way in hell I would want that head hunting sac of garbage on this team . His defensive liability is huge . Phanuef is one of the worst skaters I have ever seen at the defensive position. Ask Calgary fans how bad he was in his own end ? On the Leafs anyone can look good with so many looking bad .

Normally I'm a cynical a-hole about proposals but the more I think about it the more I would love to have Phaneuf.

He'd thrive in our system with Edler.

Edler - Phaneuf

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Ballard - Salo (Assuming he mostly likely isn't retiring, or pop in Garrison, Alberts or Tanev)

Tanev - Alberts

My counter trade is:

To Toronto:

Luongo (G)

Raymond (F) (RFA)

To Vancouver:

Phaneuf (D)

Gustavsson (G) (UFA)

Unlike Toronto's offense or goaltending.

They have one of the best or deepest defenses in the league.

Archived