The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What are the best earbuds I can get for $100 and under?

Gunner Garrison

Sorry, this is only the second post and already I am derailing the thread.

I went to buy a pair of headphones the other day to workout with and it seems like every single pair of headphones now have that goofy plastic padding in (the stuff you flip into the ear). What's with that?

Sorry, this is only the second post and already I am derailing the thread.

I went to buy a pair of headphones the other day to workout with and it seems like every single pair of headphones now have that goofy plastic padding in (the stuff you flip into the ear). What's with that?

More like Butt-candy.

They are absolute crap. Horrible sound quality on anything other than bass, and the farthest thing from durable.

I would recommend the Klipsch Image S4A, but it's slightly over $100 at your local futureshop.

Paying anything over 50-60 dollars on ear-buds is a waste in my opinion, the quality and durability gains beyond that cost threshold is negligible. Instead of spending $100 dollars on some buds, buy $60 set and spring for the replacement warranty. sennheiser makes some quality ear-buds.

Try checking out www.earphonesolutions.com, and make sure to do a search for coupon codes it you do decide to order from there. I believe I used a 20% off one when I got my Westone 3 earbuds, bringing them from $350 -> $280.

If you are active at all I highly recommend the westone series: they never fall out of my ears and the cable seems very durable. I don't see myself having to tape up the cable with duct or electrical tape like I've had to do eventually with every $50 pair of earphones I've owned. The cheapest westones are around $100 if I recall correctly, but there are plenty of other good bands ravailable there as well.

I know it may not be worth it to go the online route if your budget is a firm $100, but honestly it's worth it getting something decent that will last 5+ years over having to replace cheaper sets so frequently.

Get sony noise-cancelling earbuds. Probably 60 bucks. Skullcandy's are pretty good (the in ear one) and I dunno what everyone is saying how about how they suck or not-durable. I have 4 pairs that I've had for like 3 years. All work fine.

I would say anything at radioshack since they have a replacement warranty that is extra and worth it I think.

Other than that it's 'dealextreme'

Anything over $50 for something as disposable as headphones is as stupid as toilet paper made of silk which BTW is fantastic.

Archived