The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Preds to trade Ryan Suter's rights

Everyone thought Ehrhoff was hitting free agency, before that massive contract. Who knows, if Suter recieved an offer like that what he would do, but he did say family was a HUGE part in his decision. Hopefully his wife and kids like the West Coast of Canada like Metta World Peace did!

Everyone thought Ehrhoff was hitting free agency, before that massive contract. Who knows, if Suter recieved an offer like that what he would do, but he did say family was a HUGE part in his decision. Hopefully his wife and kids like the West Coast of Canada like Metta World Peace did!

Guest BuckFoston

Misleading title, thanks... Preds MAY be trading his rights, but as of now they aren't doing anything. And as this so called "article" stated Nashville would be reluctant to send him to Detroit. What a bunch of horse manure. Until I see it on NHL's front page, none of this crap is legit.

Why do you think the Lidstrom retirement announcement was made so quickly. Detroit didn't really object too much, they knew that would free up the money for Sutter.

Even though Sutter is not Lidstrom, it's a darn good replacement.

With Lidstrom and Stuart gone Detroit has $20M to spend. Suter will be in Detroit. To a degree I think Poile blew it bringing Radulov and Kostitshen(?) with the lack of character they displayed. A gamble which could not have impressed his core. Suter leaves and Weber will follow. Those two, I am sure, have talked this thru over a few brewskis more than once. They both want longer term contracts at this point in their careers and they want them with teams that can win a CUP. Detroit & Van!

Archived