The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[REPORT] Preds to trade Ryan Suter's rights

Well, one team he won't be traded to is Philly:

According to a well-placed source, Suter has a potential list of clubs he would be willing to talk to even if his rights were traded before July 1. Suter is represented by Neil Sheehy.

Alas, the Flyers are not one of them.

What do you think he could get? Ehrhoff got a 4th, and Hamhuis got a pretty good package (and a pick the 2nd time). Would a 2nd or 3rd be too much for a pending UFA? Do you think a team like Vancouver, Chicago, or Pittsburgh could sign him if they were to trade for Suter. He may be favouring Detroit, but he might sign with a contender such as the three I mentioned.

Suter probably would have struggled in Vancouver - much more offensive, open style of play expected from our defenders would have left him out to dry and something he's not accustomed to. Plus, the media would have gotten to him unlike in Nashville.

Detroit is a perfect fit, and he will probably be groomed into a god over there playing with Kronwall. Could very well be one of the newest best defensive pairings in the league, and they're backed up by Ericsson and White so a pretty nice top-4.

Suter probably would have struggled in Vancouver - much more offensive, open style of play expected from our defenders would have left him out to dry and something he's not accustomed to. Plus, the media would have gotten to him unlike in Nashville.

Detroit is a perfect fit, and he will probably be groomed into a god over there playing with Kronwall. Could very well be one of the newest best defensive pairings in the league, and they're backed up by Ericsson and White so a pretty nice top-4.

Didn't we hear during game 5 or 6 that Minnesota wouldn't be outbid by anybody? Doesn't mean he would sign there, I know, and if I was him I would take Detroit over Minnesota any day of the week no matter what Minny offered. I just think it would narrow down the chances of him signing anywhere but those two places

Archived