The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Texas father kills man who molested daughter

:D

The scum he killed doesn't qualify as a human being so I have no issue with celebrating. What you don't seem to want to except is that there are some phenomenally evil MF's out there and occasionally we need to thin the herd.

I don't blame the father at all, and would probably react the same way. Even if the force seems excessive, is there a better case for "temporary insanity" than seeing your daughter being molested.

However, on the flip-side, what is worse? The trauma of a sexual assualt, or the trauma of watching your father kill a man? Since the sexual assault was already occurring, the events probably only served to cause MORE mental trauma on the poor girl.

Lastly, I applaud Heretic for showing empathy to someone who caused his daughter harm. As terrible as an act of pedophilia is, there are usually equally terrible reasons that drove the perpetrator down that path. And even the most horrible people in the world have family who have to suffer associative shame and despair through no fault of their own.

Those shrugging off the death of a human being as if it were just another man down in a video game have both my sympathy and disdain... ...except for the "die slowly" poster - he only has the latter.

My daughter is about to turn four. I'd expect me to do the same thing or at least not put her in that situation. I already know way too many women (and some men) who were victimized at a young age. Some have coped but I can tell it still haunts them, including my wife and two ex g/fs.

My daughter is about to turn four. I'd expect me to do the same thing or at least not put her in that situation. I already know way too many women (and some men) who were victimized at a young age. Some have coped but I can tell it still haunts them, including my wife and two ex g/fs.

the offender deserved to be punished, by LAW........frontier, vigilante justice is never acceptable. The father would have served his daughter better by letting the man be punished legally than by traumitizing her a second time by killing the man.

the offender deserved to be punished, by LAW........frontier, vigilante justice is never acceptable.  The father would have served his daughter better by letting the man be punished legally than by traumitizing her a second time by killing the man.

The justice system is a busine$$, it has little to do with what's truely right and wrong most of the time. In Texas the pedo would have probably have caught a serious sentence at least, but that time would have been spent comparing notes with other pedos in protective custody, and eventually be released to pick up where he left off.

I don't believe it is likely that the alleged attacker would have continued after the dad discovered the situation, and so killing him, while a human response to the discovery, was way over the top, I suspect that even beating him would be considered over the top, but I dunno...maybe this law will allow the dad to stay out of jail.

bull......pedo's are not highly regarded in the prison system........it would jot be a pleasant stay, by any stretch........at the very least he'd probably have intensive, court ordered therapy in prison, and he would be a registeredsex offender for life.......good luckwith jobs, living quietly etc.

The guy's action didn't just save his daughter, it's practically a guarantee that the pedo would have done this again and again (and chances are he may have done it in the past as well).

While I believe in compassion and mercy, I don't feel it should be given to people who victimize the helpless. Anyone that victimizes a child doesn't deserve to be shown compassion. In my view, some crimes need to be dealt with that severely.

The potential for abuse of this type of law is a concern. In this case it is the word of the father against the word of the dead guy and the child who is dealing with witnessing a murder. Perhaps it happened or didn't. It's not much of a stretch to see how you could use this law to set someone up you want dead.

did you read the word ALLEDGEDLY ? , and if you did do you understand the meaning of the word ? . i am willing to bet i have seen more if this world than you have and am quite aware that there are a lot of evil people out there , but until you know the whole story who are you to make a judgement that invovles taking someone's life , have you ever seen someone die , have you ever seen the light go out of a persons eye's , i have and i can assure you it's is a really crappy thing to have to deal with , and they way you talk about "thinning the herd " speaks volumes on your actual experiences with death .

Oh, brother. Get off your high horse. What exactly are you trying to argue here? The father walked in on this guy playing a board game and somehow misconstrued it? You're misunderstanding the terminology the way many misunderstand the word "theory" in scientific terms (here's a hint: gravity is still just a "theory"). And oh, the sadness of a human being losing their life ... the humanity! I understand the importance of due process but I can hardly fault the actions of this father.

Archived