The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Texas father kills man who molested daughter

:D

granted, but it's also not something that should ruin this girl's life and thus, should not be grounds for killing someone. It's horrible, yes, but the girl will likely get over it.......the offender is going to stay dead.

I'm sorry that happened to you and obviously you were incredibly resilient to come out of that okay. That doesn't mean every child will. There is no way for any of us just reading a story to know how this would have or will affect the child. In elementary school I spent 14 months being raped and abused by someone I loved. Ever since then I've battled severe depression, ptsd, self injury and made numerous suicide attempts. I would never assume someone else would have similar problems nor would I assume they would be fine. There just isn't a set way that everyone is going to respond to trauma.

Yes obviously things like that will happen, which is why I said it shouldn't be abused unless there is imminent danger. When I lived in Canada, it was great not having to worry about guns and I thought the gun control was a good idea. When I live in the States it's a different story. The case of "rather have it and not need it than need it and not have it." You can have this debate about anything really, I mean what about the death penalty? Yes, you can argue it's better not to have it because of the countless people who have been wrongfully accused and put to death (less so now, however). But then you have the Norway incident, where they think putting that piece of ish murderer in solitary is "abusive" and are trying to find friends for him to play chess with. I mean come on. If there was ever an pro argument for the death penalty, that guy is it.

IF the dad saw his daughter being attacked,pulled the perp off of her and slugged him till he fell down I'm ok with it. At the point the guy hits the floor he is no longer a threat so no more physical force would be justified.

If that is how it truly happened then it is just pure blind fluke that the blows caused the death.

This perp was a victim,most likely, of molestation as a child and without therapy the young girl can end up a mess as well.

All this story is full of is tragedy on so many levels.dead guy,messed up kid,dad's going to need counseling,and everyday for years to come this dad will see people looking at him differently than before.

Archived