Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

timmylu1

Roberto Luongo rightful goalie of the Vancouver Canucks

301 posts in this topic

Well let me ask you this: would you rather have great goalies like Ron Hextall or Curtis Joseph in net for you, or Chris Osgood?

My point is obvious... stats on paper do not matter, clutch playoff performances do ie. Quick, Thomas, Ward, Brodeur, Roy etc. I think it is time for some Canuck fans to take their blinders off (along with their "I'm a true Canuck fan because I stick behind Roberto!") and realize that he is not a clutch performer, hasn't been since he ever stepped foot in a big game crease, and possibly never will be. Schneider is simply a younger, faster, more athletic and level headed goalie. It is time for Nuck Nation to move on from the roller coaster that is Roberto Luongo... unfortunately might I add.

In the end, it comes down to future. Honestly, Schneider is younger and will be a great goalie. Saying that Schneider is unproven because he hasn't played a full season is like saying Luongo is a choke artist because he lost in game 7 of the finals.

They are both great goalies, but it makes sense financially and for the future of the team to go with the guy we drafted first round as a high school student and developed throughout college and the AHL. Luongo will continue to be a great goalie somewhere else, but to say he's the rightful goalie is to dismiss all the arguments in favor of Schneider.

I think both sides of this argument have blinders on that need to be taken off.

So now the bleacher report is credible. Ooooooh.

Who is going to be the better goalie in 5 years? oh yeah, Schneider

It's hard for everybody when we were one win away from winning the cup, but let's not forget it's harder on Luongo for not winning it because he was the one working hard night in, night out on the ice. He knows what it takes to win the cup better than any of us. Cory got 3 chances and he could not save us from LA either. Hockey is a team game. Stop pointing fingers at the goalie.