The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo rightful goalie of the Vancouver Canucks

timmylu1

Ok let me ask you this....foreget about the fact that Luongo gives up .42 goals a game more than Schneider ! If Schneider and Lou were center ice men and one gave you .42 points per game more than the other(equals 34 points more), who would be the logical choice to keep on your team ???

It's a gamble no matter who we keep so it really doesn't matter to me who goes, if we keep Schneider then you're betting on him repeating his good numbers over a full season and if you keep Luongo then you're betting on him not having a meltdown in a playoff series.

Again you are basing that on one season, if Mason Raymond pulled one out of his ass and averaged .42 points per game more one year than the Sedins would you want to trade the Sedins?

Last year was the first year Schneider has had better numbers than Luongo, and started 26 less games.

It's a gamble no matter who we keep so it really doesn't matter to me who goes, if we keep Schneider then you're betting on him repeating his good numbers over a full season and if you keep Luongo then you're betting on him not having a meltdown in a playoff series.

Well let me ask you this: would you rather have great goalies like Ron Hextall or Curtis Joseph in net for you, or Chris Osgood?

My point is obvious... stats on paper do not matter, clutch playoff performances do ie. Quick, Thomas, Ward, Brodeur, Roy etc. I think it is time for some Canuck fans to take their blinders off (along with their "I'm a true Canuck fan because I stick behind Roberto!") and realize that he is not a clutch performer, hasn't been since he ever stepped foot in a big game crease, and possibly never will be. Schneider is simply a younger, faster, more athletic and level headed goalie. It is time for Nuck Nation to move on from the roller coaster that is Roberto Luongo... unfortunately might I add.

Ya, I get that, thay makes sense. But when people (I wont name names) blame Luongo for just about everything that goes wrong with this team, that is stupid. Defense looked sloppy? Luongo's fault. Forwards can't score? Luongo's fault. What's next? Blaming him for Bourdon dieing?

Our Window and chance to win a championship is now...

Luongo gives us that best chance to do it, especially with the core of players we have now. The Sedins aren't getting any younger and their contracts are expiring in 2 years, Kesler goodness how long he can continue to stay healthy to play as a workhorse, Booth isn't getting any yonger, Bieksa, Hamhuis, Higgins, Edler, Hansen and Ballard the core are hitting their peaks now. The fact is that we aren't getting any younger, and our core players that we have now are the best chance we have to win. That window is slowly closing now...not saying the future isn't bright because it certainly is bright, but wont be as promising like this group we have now.

I believe that our chance is to win now...no I'm not going to pin my hopes to win the championship in 3-4 years down the road, I want to win now...and Luongo gives us that beset shot believe it or not.

Again you are basing that on one season, if Mason Raymond pulled one out of his ass and averaged .42 points per game more one year than the Sedins would you want to trade the Sedins?

Last year was the first year Schneider has had better numbers than Luongo, and started 26 less games.

Steve Mason and Andrew Raycroft were the last 2 goalies to win Rookie Of The Year. Where are they now? Leading their teams to glory? I like Schneider, but come on. You want to put your Stanley Cup hopes on a kid who you think will be great when he's only played about 30 games, and throw away an experienced elite goaltender?

Look at Luongo's stats and you'll see that at his worst he's still a lower tier elite goalie. With Schnieder, you could assume his best could be be better than Luongo's best, but his worst could be SIGNIFICANTLY worst than Luongo's worst. THAT's the risk we're taking if we bet everything on a goalie for which we've only seen 30 games.

Steve Mason and Andrew Raycroft were the last 2 goalies to win Rookie Of The Year. Where are they now? Leading their teams to glory? I like Schneider, but come on. You want to put your Stanley Cup hopes on a kid who you think will be great when he's only played about 30 games, and throw away an experienced elite goaltender?

Look at Luongo's stats and you'll see that at his worst he's still a lower tier elite goalie. With Schnieder, you could assume his best could be be better than Luongo's best, but his worst could be SIGNIFICANTLY worst than Luongo's worst. THAT's the risk we're taking if we bet everything on a goalie for which we've only seen 30 games.

I wonder where all these genuises get their reasoning that Schneider is unproven and can;t handle the Load that Lou did. Its pure speculation, without substance. Whether he will be as good still remains to be seen but to question his readyness is laughable.

I wonder where all these genuises get their reasoning that Schneider is unproven and can;t handle the Load that Lou did. Its pure speculation, without substance. Whether he will be as good still remains to be seen but to question his readyness is laughable.

Archived