The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo rightful goalie of the Vancouver Canucks

timmylu1

No matter what people say the FACT is, Luongo has shown he is not a consistent playoff performer. The meltdowns he has during the playoffs will not win Canucks 4 straight series. I think it is time we tried something new, something that possibly have higher potential than Luongo. We have experimented with Luongo for 3 straight years now and it has not worked out well in the playoffs.

I would like to put to rest all the people who feel that I am "hating on Lo", i am most certainly am not, I have said many time that i respect and love what Luo brings to this team, however no one can deny the fact that the team doe not play up to their potential in front of him, and they do ifnfront of Schnieds, and yes we lost with Schieds in the net, but the point is is that the team put way more effort into the games when Cory was in net, he gave the team way more of a chance to win and alot more confidence.

Did the team show up in Game 7 of the cup finals... That was the last friggin crack at the cup! and what did the team cup with? 0 goals! yea we're really gonna win like that eh.. and yea blame it on luongo... yea he let in 4 goals... were they all his fault? naah not even a chance. 1 or 2 maybe if that.

The guy got 2 shutouts in the finals! heard of before? very unlikely eh! kept the team in the run for the cup!

I see where you're coming from man but I duno man... i guess everyone has a different opinion on everything.

The fact is that, fans in Vancouver are always blaming the goalie (Luongo) on almost every loss. If we lose, it's the goalie's fault, if we win, the goalie had nothing to do with it. (majority of the time)....

People in Vancouver think that Schnieder is our saviour, he'll take us to the finals and win us a cup. I can almost gaurantee, that there will be a time soon enough that people are gonna say, "Man, if we had luongo, he could have won us that game... etc, etc."....

We all know that luongo is a proven starter and has been for the past 12 years and will be for the next 5-6 years (hopefully). I agree, losing luongo is gonna be a very big loss. Luongo has proven to carry the team at times when all other doors are closed shut. That two month stretch when the team wasn't doing jack all, it was luongo that carried the canucks with that brilliant record the canucks had.

Don't get me wrong here... Im a huge luongo fan, straight up, but I also support schnieder cuz he is one hell of a goalie.

Schnieder is built of athleticism just like quick, whereas, luongo plays off his size and plays big. Honestly, I believe Schnieds ever-ready... the only thing I want him to prove is, could he hold the load of starting 60+ games. That's all i'm concerned about.

Whatever decision gillis makes, I'll be really happy with it knowing that either goalie is a solid one!

Don't hate on my opinion but just thought i'd state it anyways!

I'm really excited to see what's gonna happen...

Nonetheless, Go Canucks Go!

this year's early exit could not be blamed on the goaltending. Both of them stood on their heads. The first two games were gift wrapped for the Kings.

However, that said, in the finals last year, it was clear that Boston TD Gardens was Luongo's kryptonite.

I still truly believe that had AV started Schneider in game 6, there would be a Stanley Cup banner in the Roger's Arena rafters today. But due to Luongo's enormous ego at the time, there was NO WAY the cup was going to be won with him watching on the bench.

That, and as another poster pointed out, he will be most remembered for the floodgate of goals that got past him in three games.

His window of opportunity in Vancouver is done. As long as he stays here, the Vancouver fans will hold him under an electron microscope. He needs a fresh start elsewhere.

David Koresh has nothing on the Luongo cult.

Anything he does that may question his ability or integrity is defended to the death.

Anyone who hasn't questioned Luongo's mental state at critical moments, is in blatant denial.

Then these little articles pop up in the media and the Luongo cult rejoices then rubs it in the face of everyone.

I am tired of NW Division championships, I don't care about the presidents trophy. The argument of him taking us to game 7 of stanley cup final is really getting old and annoying.

In the 2 elimination games he did not live up to his elite status, no matter how many goals weren't scored, that is the bottom line. Stop foaming at the mouth everytime someone questions that performance. It was indeed an epic meltdown.

I'm would not be surprised if I turned the tv on to see a gun fight in a burning compound between the Luongo elite defenders and RCMP.

Snap out of it.

Did the team show up in Game 7 of the cup finals... That was the last friggin crack at the cup! and what did the team cup with? 0 goals! yea we're really gonna win like that eh.. and yea blame it on luongo... yea he let in 4 goals... were they all his fault? naah not even a chance. 1 or 2 maybe if that.

The guy got 2 shutouts in the finals! heard of before? very unlikely eh! kept the team in the run for the cup!

I see where you're coming from man but I duno man... i guess everyone has a different opinion on everything.

What do you think he is on the cusp of doing exactly? I dont think it's winning the Stanley cup, which is the only thing that matters anymore. Yes, Luongo has helped this team along greatly over the past number of years but he's proven that the playoffs do not agree with him. Three straight years of meltdowns against Chicago and Boston are a testament to that.

Well let me ask you this: would you rather have great goalies like Ron Hextall or Curtis Joseph in net for you, or Chris Osgood?

My point is obvious... stats on paper do not matter, clutch playoff performances do ie. Quick, Thomas, Ward, Brodeur, Roy etc. I think it is time for some Canuck fans to take their blinders off (along with their "I'm a true Canuck fan because I stick behind Roberto!") and realize that he is not a clutch performer, hasn't been since he ever stepped foot in a big game crease, and possibly never will be. Schneider is simply a younger, faster, more athletic and level headed goalie. It is time for Nuck Nation to move on from the roller coaster that is Roberto Luongo... unfortunately might I add.

Archived