The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo rightful goalie of the Vancouver Canucks

timmylu1

Am I the only one who realizes that when Luongo is in net the D jumps up into the zone a lot more, which then creates a lot more odd man chances against us, and they are always counting on Lu to bail them out. When Cory is in net the D plays a more defensive game, and don't take as many chances as they would when Lu is in net. Just saying.

If you ask me Quick didnt need to be clutch in the entire playoffs and didnt steal a game because he sure didn't need to with how well the entire team played for him. Quick had great numbers but I don't remember a game this entire SCF where he had to make over 30 saves. I don't think he should have won the Conn Smythe. The Kings would have won with their back up

Am I the only one who realizes that the reason why our offense doesn't score a lot of goals in the playoffs is because the playoffs are a time for low scoring games, as goalies play better and make clutch saves, that is unless your name is Roberto Luongo...

just saying :bigblush:

p.s

blinders off people!!!

Yes yet there are still people purposely blinding themselves and putting most of the blame on the offense even now.

For example I am willing to bet most fans don't realize that the 8 goals we scored against Los Angeles is the most that any team has managed against them in this post season. The main problem that canucks lost clearly is in the defense and goaltending. LA beat us through their defense (yes taking into account how our defense played on those shorthanded chances) and goaltending as well as the 4 other teams that rarely can manage to score 2 goals against them in a game. I guess if we follow the logic of most of the Luongo apologists which seems to be the larger portion of the people on this board, then the offense level of every single team (except LA) in this years playoffs is not up to standards for our team...

I'll agree with everything except for the core, the core needs to stay, the D we have to many D that want to jump in the rush time and time again, we need another stay at home D like a Mitchell. The Sedins need a big power forward who can score and not be pushed around. Oh and a new coach and this team is a Stanley Cup team, I'm tired of AV's mistakes year after year, and tired of people making excuses for this guy about his mistakes and that well he will learn from his mistakes, your a freaking NHL coach this isn't the minors to learn.

Quick did not make a large quantity of saves, but the quality was astounding.

Saying the Kings would have won with their back-up supposes their back-up could have got them to the finals in the first place. I think you would have the entire LA Kings roster disagree with you on that, including their back-up.

Dream on cmpunk !! Wish uopon a star, but it ain;t going to happen here !! Lou is nowhere as good as Schneider is now !! Lou himself, has said that Schneider will be a star in this league for years to come, the team went with Schneids after Lou faltered against LA. What part of this don;t you get? Wake up man...the writings on the walll !!

I'll agree with everything except for the core, the core needs to stay, the D we have to many D that want to jump in the rush time and time again, we need another stay at home D like a Mitchell. The Sedins need a big power forward who can score and not be pushed around. Oh and a new coach and this team is a Stanley Cup team, I'm tired of AV's mistakes year after year, and tired of people making excuses for this guy about his mistakes and that well he will learn from his mistakes, your a freaking NHL coach this isn't the minors to learn.

Pretty much what I've been saying all along, but in less detail. Luongo > Schneider, if you want to argue me about it than go ahead but I'm not going to listen to idiots who think he lost us the Cup and think he's a "choke artist" like the article points out.

Vancouver losing Luongo would be the worst move this franchise makes after everything he has done for us, but also what he is on the cusp of doing for this city.

Totally agree. Luongo has been a phenomenal goaltender for Vancouver and I hate the fickle fans who quickly turn on him. Just a few years ago fans were saying he should have his number retired here and all of a sudden people are buying him his ticket out. What a joke. I will always be a Luongo fan.

I'm 99% certain that the people who still want Luongo around are the people who purchased Luongo jersey's and want to keep them relevant. I don't see how anyone would not want a fresh start in net with a young, stud goalie that's been coming up through our system.

Well let me ask you this: would you rather have great goalies like Ron Hextall or Curtis Joseph in net for you, or Chris Osgood?

My point is obvious... stats on paper do not matter, clutch playoff performances do ie. Quick, Thomas, Ward, Brodeur, Roy etc. I think it is time for some Canuck fans to take their blinders off (along with their "I'm a true Canuck fan because I stick behind Roberto!") and realize that he is not a clutch performer, hasn't been since he ever stepped foot in a big game crease, and possibly never will be. Schneider is simply a younger, faster, more athletic and level headed goalie. It is time for Nuck Nation to move on from the roller coaster that is Roberto Luongo... unfortunately might I add.

I'm actually fine with either Luongo or Schneider in net. As I think they are both #1 goalies.

However, I would trade Schneider as I think he will yield a better return and would have more suitors (ie. teams) because he's younger and doesn't have a massive contract. The returns hopefully will fill in some of the missing pieces (ie. top 6F, top 4D) of the team for another Stanley Cup Run.

Have Luongo as the clear #1 netminder and bring in Lack as the back-up (to learn under Luongo like Schneider did). Hopefully Lack follows Schneider's development (maybe play more games) and we'll have another Goaltender controversy in 3-4yrs after winning a cup during that time.

Totally agree. Luongo has been a phenomenal goaltender for Vancouver and I hate the fickle fans who quickly turn on him. Just a few years ago fans were saying he should have his number retired here and all of a sudden people are buying him his ticket out. What a joke. I will always be a Luongo fan.

Again with the blinders hahaha!!! I know you are out there Nuck fans that can see the miss-analyzation behind fans like this one!!! Please stand up and prove I am not the only one that actually watches the games and dissects the play without bias....

It's not like this is Lou's first year with the team. CHICAGO!!! BOSTON!!! REPEAT!!! He has had his chances... numerous at that... time to move on and accept that he is not "The Chosen One" for this organization.

I often wonder what Lou apologists would be saying had Burrows not bailed him out in game seven against the Hawks last year?

Archived