Taken from the National Institute of Health:
A new study released today by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) and the National Institute on Alcohol Abuse and Alcoholism (NIAAA), National Institutes of Health (NIH), estimates that the economic cost of alcohol and drug abuse was $246 billion in 1992, the most recent year for which sufficient data were available. This estimate represents $965 for every man, woman, and child living in the United States in 1992. The new study reports that alcohol abuse and alcoholism generated about 60 percent of the estimated costs ($148 billion), while drug abuse and dependence accounted for the remaining 40 percent ($98 billion).
So all drugs excluding alcohol is 40% of the total cost for society... so 1 drug vs many and alcohol (60% of cost) is still worse.
Edited by hyZar, 14 June 2012 - 09:40 PM.