Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Willie Mitchell, Chuck Liddell and a midget party with Lord Stanley..

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
18 replies to this topic

#1 cadillaccts

cadillaccts

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,613 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:02 PM

Posted Image

http://www.tmz.com/2...party-la-lings/

'Atta boy Willie!

Edited by cadillaccts, 14 June 2012 - 02:04 PM.

#2 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,837 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:03 PM

sounds like the premise to the next hangover movie

6xFRVi3.png

Credit to bananamash for the sig. Credit to torts for being stubborn

Bring Back the Totems!
NHLSL Winnipeg Jets

#3 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:05 PM

"Little Person"

#4 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:07 PM

I hate how all these idiots deface the Cup. It should be a privilege to drink out of it and hoist it. I have nothing against Liddell but I don't think he should be drinking out of it or lifting it over his head. That's like me taking his title back in the day and wearing it like I owned it. I don't think he'd appreciate that one bit.
Posted Image

#5 Raoul Duke

Raoul Duke

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,131 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:09 PM

Man, that's a big cup for Chuck to do his blow out of!! How nice of Willie to let him use it!
FearandLoathingSig.jpg

#6 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:14 PM

I hate how all these idiots deface the Cup. It should be a privilege to drink out of it and hoist it. I have nothing against Liddell but I don't think he should be drinking out of it or lifting it over his head. That's like me taking his title back in the day and wearing it like I owned it. I don't think he'd appreciate that one bit.

Something tells me you're the guy at a party who makes everybody use a coaster.

#7 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,768 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:18 PM

Posted Image

http://www.tmz.com/2...party-la-lings/

'Atta boy Willie!

The guy holding the oompa loompa kind of looks like Iginla.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#8 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,348 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

Something tells me you're the guy at a party who makes everybody use a coaster.

Not a chance. I just think it's dumb. Why don't they share it with the Devils while they're at it. Do celebrities and such do this with other professional sports championships?
Posted Image

#9 Guest_AriGold_*

Guest_AriGold_*
  • Guests

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

Not a chance. I just think it's dumb. Why don't they share it with the Devils while they're at it. Do celebrities and such do this with other professional sports championships?

There is no other sport that has a trophy like the NHL. It's meant to gloat, show off, sleep beside, have coffee in etc..

That's the point and why it's the best trophy in all of sports, because others can share in the glory.

#10 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,656 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:28 PM

I don't think that was the original intention when the Cup was donated. It was supposed to be more sacred and treasured. But in a way it's cool that it's not so formal anymore and that the winners are able to enjoy it and do what they want with it. Apparently Dustin Brown's kids had chocolate milkshakes out of the bowl lol.

Stanley has been to more places than I'll ever go to in my lifetime so more power to Stanley! I just hope they're taking good care of it. Wouldn't want the Cup to get dented or anything like that.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#11 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,768 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

I don't think that was the original intention when the Cup was donated. It was supposed to be more sacred and treasured. But in a way it's cool that it's not so formal anymore and that the winners are able to enjoy it and do what they want with it. Apparently Dustin Brown's kids had chocolate milkshakes out of the bowl lol.

Stanley has been to more places than I'll ever go to in my lifetime so more power to Stanley! I just hope they're taking good care of it. Wouldn't want the Cup to get dented or anything like that.

The Stanley Cup has been dented, broken, thrown in a swimming pool and left on the side of a road.

It is a sacred trophy, but it is sacred in that in no other professional sport do athletes get to treasure their time with the championship trophy in the way NHLers do.

Partying with the Stanley Cup is not new. Sharing the cup is not new.

TMZ is new, twitter is new, facebook is new and that is why we hear about the things that used to only be known to those who got a chance to party with it.

Sylvain Lefebrve had his first child, Jade-Isis, baptized in the trophy.

Bourque has his name on the outside AND the inside. During his day with the Cup in ’91, he heard rattling, and attempted to make his own repairs. In doing so, he took apart the Cup and saw that some repairmen had scratched their names on the inside. Phil followed suit, and etched in: “Enjoy it, Phil Bubba Bourque, '91 Penguins.”

The Rangers won their third Stanley Cup championship in 1940, and the same year the mortgage on Madison Square Garden was paid off. Management thought it would be symbolic to burn the mortgage in the Cup

Lynn Patrick and other teammates reportedly urinating on the Cup that evoked the curse

A week after winning this year’s Stanley Cup, Red Wings Kris Draper put his newborn daughter Kamryn in the Cup where she did what newborn babies do. We’ll let Draper explain: “She pooped in the Cup…We had a pretty good laugh. I still drank out of it that night, so no worries.”

The night after winning the Cup in 1987, Messier brought it to his favorite Edmonton strip club, the Forum Inn, and set it on stage with a dancer. No word on whether or not the Cup was a good tipper.

The following year, Messier dented the Cup and brought it to an automotive repair shop to get fixed. I wonder if the Cup is like a car to Messier. At first it's really exciting, but then over the years it becomes a hassle that is in constant need of repair.

At a party at Mario Lemieux’s house, Phil Bourque jumped into the pool with the trophy. Obviously, the trophy sank to the bottom and had to be fished out. In the process, a piece of the Cup broke off, held together with duct tape. The Cup wouldn’t stay out of the water for long. Just two years later it found its way to the bottom of Patrick Roy’s pool

The Cup was just a quaint trophy in its early years, hardly the iconic figure it is now. The Wanderers hired a professional photographer to take their picture with the Cup, but upon completion the team forgot one thing: the Cup. It was then reportedly briefly stolen, then returned to the photographer, where the photographer’s mother used it as a vase for her geraniums.

After winning the Cup, the Ottawa Silver Seven took the cup out for a night on the town. After consuming a few (dozen) adult beverages, they thought it would be a good idea to see if they could kick the Cup across the Rideau Canal. The Cup -- at this point, only a cup; the layers were added later -- was punted, but -- surprise, surprise -- didn’t clear the other end

I loved these stories when I was a kid. Still do.

EDIT: why do we have a limit on the number of quote tags we can use?

Edited by Down by the River, 14 June 2012 - 03:03 PM.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#12 hockeyville88

hockeyville88

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 25,656 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:38 PM

The Stanley Cup has been dented, broken, thrown in a swimming pool and left on the side of a road.

It is a sacred trophy, but it is sacred in that in no other professional sport do athletes get to treasure their time with the championship trophy in the way NHLers do.

Partying with the Stanley Cup is not new. Sharing the cup is not new.

TMZ is new, twitter is new, facebook is new and that is why we hear about the things that used to only be known to those who got a chance to party with it.

Agreed
I think it's great that they're partying with it and taking it to all sorts of different places. Accidents happen but so long as no one is purposely trying to break or deface such a coveted and historical trophy I think it's awesome that so many people get to come into contact with and be inspired by it.
Posted Image
Sig credit: GoaltenderInterference. Thanks!

#13 Jägermeister

Jägermeister

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,956 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 02:54 PM

He's just having a good time!
A lot worse has been done with the Cup behind closed doors.
Posted Image

#14 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

The guy holding the oompa loompa kind of looks like Iginla.

IT IS!!!
Posted Image

#15 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 14 June 2012 - 03:32 PM

Next year the Sedins are gonna get hammered when they win :)
Posted Image

#16 Venom52

Venom52

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,865 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:54 PM

Posted Image

Just me or does this picture look fake? TMZ is a crappy source, but dont doubt they partied with Liddell.

Posted Image

#17 playboi19

playboi19

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,497 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 09:58 PM

Dustin Brown filled the cup with chocolate milk and his kids were blowing chocolate milk bubbles in it.

Are you Frking kidding me?

#18 :D

:D

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,996 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

Posted Image

Just me or does this picture look fake? TMZ is a crappy source, but dont doubt they partied with Liddell.

The Oompa-loompa on the right is kinda of cute.

#19 hsedin33

hsedin33

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,683 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 10:45 PM

God, don't even want the cup anymore after seeing what those guys are doing to it.

Sloppy 117th's anyone?

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.