The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Willie Mitchell, Chuck Liddell and a midget party with Lord Stanley..

KFBR392

I hate how all these idiots deface the Cup. It should be a privilege to drink out of it and hoist it. I have nothing against Liddell but I don't think he should be drinking out of it or lifting it over his head. That's like me taking his title back in the day and wearing it like I owned it. I don't think he'd appreciate that one bit.

Guest AriGold

I hate how all these idiots deface the Cup. It should be a privilege to drink out of it and hoist it. I have nothing against Liddell but I don't think he should be drinking out of it or lifting it over his head. That's like me taking his title back in the day and wearing it like I owned it. I don't think he'd appreciate that one bit.

Guest AriGold

Not a chance. I just think it's dumb. Why don't they share it with the Devils while they're at it. Do celebrities and such do this with other professional sports championships?

I don't think that was the original intention when the Cup was donated. It was supposed to be more sacred and treasured. But in a way it's cool that it's not so formal anymore and that the winners are able to enjoy it and do what they want with it. Apparently Dustin Brown's kids had chocolate milkshakes out of the bowl lol.

Stanley has been to more places than I'll ever go to in my lifetime so more power to Stanley! I just hope they're taking good care of it. Wouldn't want the Cup to get dented or anything like that.

I don't think that was the original intention when the Cup was donated. It was supposed to be more sacred and treasured. But in a way it's cool that it's not so formal anymore and that the winners are able to enjoy it and do what they want with it. Apparently Dustin Brown's kids had chocolate milkshakes out of the bowl lol.

Stanley has been to more places than I'll ever go to in my lifetime so more power to Stanley! I just hope they're taking good care of it. Wouldn't want the Cup to get dented or anything like that.

The Stanley Cup has been dented, broken, thrown in a swimming pool and left on the side of a road.

It is a sacred trophy, but it is sacred in that in no other professional sport do athletes get to treasure their time with the championship trophy in the way NHLers do.

Partying with the Stanley Cup is not new. Sharing the cup is not new.

TMZ is new, twitter is new, facebook is new and that is why we hear about the things that used to only be known to those who got a chance to party with it.

Agreed

I think it's great that they're partying with it and taking it to all sorts of different places. Accidents happen but so long as no one is purposely trying to break or deface such a coveted and historical trophy I think it's awesome that so many people get to come into contact with and be inspired by it.

Archived