The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Defense = Major Cause of So-called Luongo Breakdowns

Ugli Fruit

Guest gumballthechewy

Seriously? Are you seriously saying that those basic stats have actually informed you of something new?

Schneider is 1-4 in playoff action. Revealing!?

If we only had Cory's GAA we would be second overall, it's Lou's that drags us down a little, look it up. Lou is a middle of the pack goalie that has breakdowns in the playoff. He was great at one time but that day is done. To top it all off he is a arrogant ass. He my be great again but it will not be with Vancouver, far to much pressure for him here. It's increadable the clout that you and some others give him, we are not talking about a supper star here anymore it's time for you to take off the blinders. anyone that thinks that Lou at this point (I'm not talking the past) is better then Cory is useing if's and but's.

Well, I didn't know those were the numbers, so, yes. It reveals to me that Ccory has better numbers in not only a small sample, but in a large sample as well. That tells me that if we're going to attribute Luongo's so called meltdowns to poor defense, we have to attribute Scheider's 1-4 play-off record to poor defense as well.

Does that make me a sheep?

If you weren't aware that Schneider had much better numbers in net this season it doesn't make you a sheep, it just tells me you aren't terribly informed about the team. There's nothing wrong with that, I just figured anyone who seriously followed the Canucks would have known.

I didn't know the exact numbers. I knew, from reading the boards here, that in a smaller sample size his numbers were great, but not the exact numbers. The disparity between their regular season numbers was a little bit of a surprise, but only because, as I said, I didn't really know exactly what those numbers were. The "revealing" comment was a little tounge in cheek. Something of a sarcastic "well, whadda ya know about that".

I follow the Canucks, but by some standards, not "seriously". While I believe that stats are more important than some would admit and less important than other would admit, I can't recite most of them, and am a casual enough fan that I don't go scouring the web for them.

And it's not that I'm not terribly informed about the team as much as not terribly interested in goalie stats. I would say I'm somewhat interested. I am, however, interested in the bigger picture.

Who gives a crap about numbers, All you need are 2 sets of working eyes to see whose the better goaltender. GAA is a misleading stat and you need to watch the game to really judge how well the goaltender is playing.. not by numbers.

Luongo (when having his meltdowns) is bad in numbers and in the eyes lol

Ya sure this thread is a joke. How can you blame the defense for everything? How bout Lu in shooutouts? Is that the canucks players taking the shootouts fault? lol. Your reasoning is a complete joke, and is only seen as a mere effort to try to keep overrated Luongo. Just stop before you embarass yourself.

Lu thinking he is an elite when he is not= Major Cause of So-called Luongo Breakdowns

Well, I didn't know those were the numbers, so, yes. It reveals to me that Ccory has better numbers in not only a small sample, but in a large sample as well. That tells me that if we're going to attribute Luongo's so called meltdowns to poor defense, we have to attribute Scheider's 1-4 play-off record to poor defense as well.

Does that make me a sheep?

Archived