The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Defense = Major Cause of So-called Luongo Breakdowns

Ugli Fruit

The quintessential question with Lou, why is he capitulating now?

I am not so sure Lou is completely putting the team in front of himself, or doing his best not to stand in anyone's way. If you listen to Lou, he is clearly disappointed. That emotion rules the conversation more than his words!

From my take, its this same willingness to let emotions of disappointment get in his way, that lead to breakdowns. Lou was good against L.A., but you could feel the air let out when he let the Richards goal in, where he just tossed it at Lou's pads. The compete level of Lou, and of the team dropped. Its happened before in Boston, several years in Chicago; and you wondered if the team was going to win with Lou. It picked back up when we put Schneider in against L.A. He competed on every save, as did the Canucks in front of him.

He has capitulated before. No matter how good is Lou, its why we need to go with Schenider?

We need to take Lou up on his offer while his value is high, as he is a great goalie.

Ya sure this thread is a joke. How can you blame the defense for everything? How bout Lu in shooutouts? Is that the canucks players taking the shootouts fault? lol. Your reasoning is a complete joke, and is only seen as a mere effort to try to keep overrated Luongo. Just stop before you embarass yourself.

Lu thinking he is an elite when he is not= Major Cause of So-called Luongo Breakdowns

What has CS shown you in his career so far that hints he's going to be a bust?? He's been a proven starter in the AHL, and now the NHL.

I'd rather gamble with the younger goaltender with a smaller cap hit and doesnt have a lifetime contract.

Raycroft showed no signs of being a bust when he won the calder his first year, then he sucked after that. And sorry Schneider has only played 68 games over 4 seasons, he will most likely play more than that next season alone how has that made him a proven starter?

Don't get me wrong I like him and hope he does well, but the expectations the fans and media will have for him next year are setting him up for failure if he's anything but perfect.

Raycroft didnt have anything close to the resume CS had in the AHL, when CS was drafted his potential was a #1 goaltender. Raycroft was drafted 138th in 2004. His Calder year was a fluke, horrible comparrison. I cant believe someone would even compare the two.

Protect Luongo. No.

I'm just not going to talk like an uninformed hack of a hockey fan who can't see the issues for what they really are. Like you.

I can't help the fact that you are too irretrievably moronic to see the defence is porous. Of course when your head is stuffed your a$$, you don't see much else do you?

Here's a tip for you Kswiper, next time a pharamaceutical company offers you the chance to try some free drugs, decline.

Just because someone is a late draft pick doesn't mean they are incapable of being a great player, look at Bure with us for example we drafted him in what the 6th round? Raycroft played 57 games his calder year, that's almost as many as Schneider has played in 4 seasons with the Canucks. People that are expecting Schneider to come in and dominate when he has never even played 35 games in a season have ridiculous expectations.

Then again these same people expect a shutout from Luongo every night so...yeah

Hey wait just a minute!

Dont forget that the team plays tighter defense in front of Schneider because he needs more help. They dont do that for Luongo because they know that he will bail them out if they have a breakdown......LOL!

That happens cause the goalie either misreads the shooter or gets completely faked out, like in that video of brodeur i showed he thinks Kopitar is going to his left then he fakes him out and goes back the other way Brodeur has no choice but to just lay out and hope he can get it with his other pad

Posted · Hidden by Templeton Peck, June 17, 2012 - No reason given
Hidden by Templeton Peck, June 17, 2012 - No reason given

There you go again tm085...take the focus off Lou...and place it on Brodeur...hardly part of the picture here in Vancouver !! so typical of you !!

Just because someone is a late draft pick doesn't mean they are incapable of being a great player, look at Bure with us for example we drafted him in what the 6th round? Raycroft played 57 games his calder year, that's almost as many as Schneider has played in 4 seasons with the Canucks. People that are expecting Schneider to come in and dominate when he has never even played 35 games in a season have ridiculous expectations.

Then again these same people expect a shutout from Luongo every night so...yeah

Ya sure this thread is a joke. How can you blame the defense for everything? How bout Lu in shooutouts? Is that the canucks players taking the shootouts fault? lol. Your reasoning is a complete joke, and is only seen as a mere effort to try to keep overrated Luongo. Just stop before you embarass yourself.

Lu thinking he is an elite when he is not= Major Cause of So-called Luongo Breakdowns

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RXPKCS3yeV4&feature=player_detailpage

i went through alot of luongo clips and he definately made some great saves. OP yes there were defensive breakdowns. But luo definitely had some brain farts in that series especially that you cant blame on defense. His ability is unquestionable. His consistancy isnt . we lost the cup that year because tim thomas was outstanding and we were pretty banged up. Luo didnt help when we needed him the most to bail the guys out and at times he sucked

Thats so far off the mark its pitiful....the team actually gave up a ittle more than one shot a game more when Schneider played. If they were worried about hia ability...one would think it would be less shots. Schneider is easier to play in front of due to better positioning, rebound control, covering up in front etc. thats why the team plays better !!!!

Archived