Your reasoning is good but not good enough, because you said shootouts are not part of playoffs but how bout the penalty on Brown that led to a penalty shot which Schneider saved and kept the team in the game. These kind of clutch important saves is what Luongo is lacking. You actually think that Lu would have saved that? Lastly shootouts in regular season are points aren't they which can effect the playoff seedings for all teams. See my point? Yes defensive error is factor and is unavoidable in sports but when a younger more talented goalie like Schneider is in net and is able to let in less goals compared to Luongo in those situations. It gives the team a better chance. See my point?
Not the same situation but close enough.
Really? So here's your logic
1. In the regular season the defense plays well for both goalies (except when Lou is in net in Oct and Nov I'm sure you'd say).
2. In the playoffs the VERY SAME players, stop doing what they were doing because what, they hate Lou?
3. The very same players decide, hey lets play smart in front of Schnieds in the regular season and the playoffs.
Dude the only moving part in your argument is Lou's play...he's the variable...learn simple logic.
WOW just wow...why can't people just accept that Lou, while a good goalie is not an elite goalie. Did you hear Kypreos on Sportsnet the other night, not to say he's an expert but he's alot closer than you or I given he played the game at the NHL level..even he said Luongo will never win a cup.
Its his composure, his ability to shut out the mental issues thats the problem, not the defense in front of him, because its the same defence in front of Schnieder and he is being outplayed by Schnieder. Simple.
Uh no, not my logic.
1. The D plays fine in the reg. season because extra physicality is not needed (Lu just sucks in Oct there's no denying)
2. Yes, in a way, the D become more physical and yes it's true, the players play a tighter defensive game in front of Schneider NOT because they like him more but because he's the backup, so you play more defensively.
3. Continuation of point 2
Did you seriously just make me repeat my OP?
Edited by LordofBrussels, 14 June 2012 - 08:14 PM.