Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Defense = Major Cause of So-called Luongo Breakdowns

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
323 replies to this topic

#181 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

Better than 3.59
If you wanna go the cheap shot route

It's not a cheap shot. You guys claim Luongo hasn't been playing well enough in the last two playoff series, and at times he hasn't. By that logic neither has Schneider because we're still losing. Any coincidence it's the offense mustering a puny 1.33 GF? No, it couldn't be..

Like I've said about fourteen times now, regardless of who is in net, he basically has to start posting shutouts every second game because this team can't even score two goals a game.
Posted Image

#182 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:31 PM

It's not a cheap shot. You guys claim Luongo hasn't been playing well enough in the last two playoff series, and at times he hasn't. By that logic neither has Schneider because we're still losing. Any coincidence it's the offense mustering a puny 1.33 GF? No, it couldn't be..

Like I've said about fourteen times now, regardless of who is in net, he basically has to start posting shutouts every second game because this team can't even score two goals a game.

The kings had a hard time scoring 2 on Cory and they won the Stanley cup

You do realize things tighten up in the playoffs rite?

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#183 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:33 PM

The kings had a hard time scoring 2 on Cory and they won the Stanley cup

You do realize things tighten up in the playoffs rite?

And our defense was anything but and was the sole result of a lot of odd man rushes as well as breakaways. Again, Luongo's fault, or..?
Posted Image

#184 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

And our defense was anything but and was the sole result of a lot of odd man rushes as well as breakaways. Again, Luongo's fault, or..?

Cory did alright behind the same team, or...?
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#185 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,347 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:40 PM

Cory did alright behind the same team, or...?

So, are you actually defending the teams pathetic 1.33 G/G over the last two series by blaming Luongo for not pitching shutouts left and right? You have to be. Those are unrealistic standards for any goalie in the history of the game. I understand you have a hard on for Schneider and would drive Roberto to the port and kick him out of the car too.

They actually played better by that point, defensively speaking, when Schneider was in net but it was too late anyway. How many short handed rushes can you recall with Schneider in net? How many odd man breaks? I can't recall many, if any. I'm not defending Luongo's gaffs at times by any means. But he also has played well at times over the last two series and was by far the biggest reason we even managed three wins against the Bruins. Again, with this putrid offense, this team is going nowhere real quick, even if you had a Hasek or Brodeur in their prime playing for us.
Posted Image

#186 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

So, are you actually defending the teams pathetic 1.33 G/G over the last two series by blaming Luongo for not pitching shutouts left and right? You have to be. Those are unrealistic standards for any goalie in the history of the game. I understand you have a hard on for Schneider and would drive Roberto to the port and kick him out of the car too.

They actually played better by that point, defensively speaking, when Schneider was in net but it was too late anyway. How many short handed rushes can you recall with Schneider in net? How many odd man breaks? I can't recall many, if any. I'm not defending Luongo's gaffs at times by any means. But he also has played well at times over the last two series and was by far the biggest reason we even managed three wins against the Bruins. Again, with this putrid offense, this team is going nowhere real quick, even if you had a Hasek or Brodeur in their prime playing for us.

I'm not blaming luongo I'm blaming quick and Thomas for out playing him.

Cory did not win, but he was par with Quicks level of goaltending
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#187 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:04 PM

Better than 3.59
If you wanna go the cheap shot route

it actually wasn't because we still lost 2 games with both goalies

#188 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

it actually wasn't because we still lost 2 games with both goalies

If it isn't ole Tm085

If one was to compare the 2 without knowing the result?

Who played closer to Quick?

Que the excuses
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#189 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:15 PM

If it isn't ole Tm085

If one was to compare the 2 without knowing the result?

Who played closer to Quick?

Que the excuses

statistically yes it was better, did it matter in the end? no because we still lost. get how that works?

if a player gets a double hat-trick but you lose the game 7-6 does it matter? no because you still lost

Edited by Tm085, 16 June 2012 - 02:16 PM.

#190 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:17 PM

Despite the result, i assume you can see tell which guy gave us a better CHANCE to win, right? I vote for him. We aren't changing last year now, but we can make decisions based on last year on what to look ahead to.

What would be great though would be STAYING in games and having a chance.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#191 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:19 PM

statistically yes it was better, did it matter in the end? no because we still lost. get how that works?

if a player gets a double hat-trick but you lose the game 7-6 does it matter? no because you still lost

But if you had a choice between 2 players, would you choose the guy who scored 6 goals or zero? Or would you be so confused by the question that your only answer would be "it doesn't matter, we lost".?
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#192 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:30 PM

But if you had a choice between 2 players, would you choose the guy who scored 6 goals or zero? Or would you be so confused by the question that your only answer would be "it doesn't matter, we lost".?

would it matter which one you chose if the end result was the same? no. so fine you pick the one who scored 6 goals and still lose. then what

Edited by Tm085, 16 June 2012 - 02:33 PM.

#193 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:35 PM

I'm sure I have herd you say if it wasn't for luongo we wouldn't have made it to game 7

So now that you have said it doesn't matter
I want you to promise me you will never talk about games 1,2 and 5 of the SCF

Please and thanks
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#194 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 05:48 PM

I'm sure I have herd you say if it wasn't for luongo we wouldn't have made it to game 7

Please and thanks

Wait but apparently it does matter according to you cause Schneider had better stats against LA even though he lost so he's better right? or it that just a rule that you have for Schneider?

Luongo had 2 shutouts against Boston and that was the only reason we won those games cause we only scored 1 goal, without them we would have lost in 5. How many times did Schneider shut out LA? because he would have needed 2 himself in 2 of the 3 games cause we only scored 1 goal as well.

it's cute watching you with your double standard towards Schneider though

Edited by Tm085, 16 June 2012 - 05:50 PM.

#195 onesmallleap

onesmallleap

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 390 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:14 PM

Well all the McSofties Lugongo let's in make the "D" look bad!!

McLean was the reason too ....now he is gone ! McLean = Clutch , Lugongo = not so much !!!!!!! Lick it .....

Edited by onesmallleap, 16 June 2012 - 06:17 PM.

#196 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:49 PM

How'd his 1.33 GAA work out against the Kings?

A whole lot better than Lou;s 3 and change ,dumbass !!

#197 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:52 PM

But only an idiot would play the guy who has a much worse goals against average !!

#198 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:55 PM

Proposal......Luongo, tm085 and Torts rant for Schenn?

#199 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 06:57 PM

But only an idiot would play the guy who has a much worse goals against average !!

So should the Penguins have played Brent Johnson against the Flyers instead because his career playoff GAA is better then? :rolleyes:

If all you go by is statistics then just stop talking cause you're an idiot. Lupul had more points than Ovechkin last year does that mean Lupul is a better player than Ovechkin?

We wouldn't even get a bag of pucks for you in a trade you're so unbelievably useless, "waah waah i'm butthurt and agitated about Luongo" Whine some more

Edited by Tm085, 16 June 2012 - 06:59 PM.

#200 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,867 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:01 PM

This is the problem with CDC.

You post a thread hoping for a discussion of the concept of the THREAD but the majority of the "discussion" is about something related to the thread, not the thread itself.

Stay on friggin' topic please.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#201 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,767 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 07:44 PM

This is the problem with CDC.

You post a thread hoping for a discussion of the concept of the THREAD but the majority of the "discussion" is about something related to the thread, not the thread itself.

Stay on friggin' topic please.

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence knows where any topic with Lou name in it going. Just accept it nothing you can do to change it. In two weeks or less most likely he will be gone.

#202 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,831 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:00 PM

I have a problem with how Henrik's backchecks at times, especially being the center. He likes to use his stick more often than not, and even hooks, instead of trying to skate harder and physically box out the other forward going to the front of the net.

#203 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:08 PM

would it matter which one you chose if the end result was the same? no. so fine you pick the one who scored 6 goals and still lose. then what

Is the 85 your IQ?

#204 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:12 PM

Please and thanks

85 has dug a hole so deep you may never hear from him again unless you order Chinese.

Edited by GradinToSmyl, 16 June 2012 - 08:12 PM.

#205 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:32 PM

85 has dug a hole so deep you may never hear from him again unless you order Chinese.

lol keep telling yourself that buddy

that idiot contradicts himself far more than i have, he says Schneider is better cause of his 1.33 then in his next post he uses what I said about it not mattering and tries to throw it back at me about previous posts, contradicting what he just said in the process

#206 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:34 PM

Is the 85 your IQ?

no but 85 is probably miles above yours, you contribute nothing except anti-luongo bias

you're the typical "if you don't agree with my opinion then you're stupid" douchebag

you still never answered my question by the way, if you put in the guy who supposedly has better stats and you still lose how is that better it's still a loss, i'd love to hear it.

Edited by Tm085, 16 June 2012 - 08:35 PM.

#207 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:47 PM

Wait but apparently it does matter according to you cause Schneider had better stats against LA even though he lost so he's better right? or it that just a rule that you have for Schneider?

Luongo had 2 shutouts against Boston and that was the only reason we won those games cause we only scored 1 goal, without them we would have lost in 5. How many times did Schneider shut out LA? because he would have needed 2 himself in 2 of the 3 games cause we only scored 1 goal as well.

it's cute watching you with your double standard towards Schneider though

What did I tell you about those Boston games?

Stop it, you said if we didn't win then why does it matter?

I also don't see how blaming an entire team rather than a grease ball, poker playing, peace of Swiss cheese, that has caved in under pressure time and time again is morally better?

He sucked in the 2 elimination games, and yes I realize the team didn't play that good, but a goalie isn't like any other position, it's like being a quarterback or a pitcher the team lives and dies by his performance

And he sucked big time

you little rascal you

You actually sound like luongo.
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#208 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

What did I tell you about those Boston games?

Stop it, you said if we didn't win then why does it matter?

I also don't see how blaming an entire team rather than a grease ball, poker playing, peace of Swiss cheese, that has caved in under pressure time and time again is morally better?

He sucked in the 2 elimination games, and yes I realize the team didn't play that good, but a goalie isn't like any other position, it's like being a quarterback or a pitcher the team lives and dies by his performance

And he sucked big time

you little rascal you

You actually sound like luongo.

lol you don't see blaming an entire team when they score 8 goals in 7 games...wow dude. Luongo did not play well in the games we lost but neither did anybody else.

Luongo gets to game 7 with a questionable at best offensive output and he's garbage
Schneider loses 2 of 3 games (not that it was his fault) with a questionable at best offensive output and he's god? Interesting

Edited by Tm085, 16 June 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#209 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:51 PM

no but 85 is probably miles above yours, you contribute nothing except anti-luongo bias

you're the typical "if you don't agree with my opinion then you're stupid" douchebag

you still never answered my question by the way, if you put in the guy who supposedly has better stats and you still lose how is that better it's still a loss, i'd love to hear it.

You just called me a idiot!!

Mam oh man, it works both ways!!!

Just cause you are helplessly in love with luongo doesn't give you immunity in name calling
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#210 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

You just called me a idiot!!

Mam oh man, it works both ways!!!

Just cause you are helplessly in love with luongo doesn't give you immunity in name calling

Sorry cupcake did i make you cry? "idiot" is a pretty harsh insult. lol you're the one putting Schneider on a pedastal thinking he can do no wrong and will win us a cup single handedly next year you blind hypocrite.

You just joined this month, as far as I can tell you're a troll with nothing better to do than bash Luongo. Cuase that's all I see you do

Edited by Tm085, 16 June 2012 - 08:56 PM.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.