Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
* * * - - 2 votes

Defense = Major Cause of So-called Luongo Breakdowns

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
323 replies to this topic

#211 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:06 PM

I was a member years ago, but I dropped out after Chicago meltdown #2 cause I couldn't stand people like yourself

Now I never said Cory will win the cup.

IMO he is better than Luongo and there is simply no proof against that theory.

There are stats that show Cory has outplayed Luongo but nothing on Luongo's side to disprove that. Just people like you who blame scoring and defense

Is it un-patriotic to hate Steven Harper?

Is it Trolling to hate Luongo

I think not

Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#212 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:18 PM

lol dropped off after the Chicago meltdown then jumped back on after the cup run and 2 president's trophies...yeah you aren't a bandwagoner at all. you're a complete joke dude. Look if you think the offense had nothing to do with us losing in the finals and it was 100% Luongo you are flat out dumb and need to learn hockey, there is no other way to say it, 8 goals in 7 games is a pathetic output there were many factors as to why we lost not one. And yes there is ONE year of stats where Schneider's are better than Luongo's, so what. Anson Carter had a good year with the Sedins and is not even in the NHL anymore. You can't base anything off of one year, well I guess you in paticular can cause you bandwagon hop.

Edited by Tm085, 16 June 2012 - 09:22 PM.

#213 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:29 PM

lol dropped off after the Chicago meltdown then jumped back on after the cup run...yeah you aren't a bandwagoner at all. you're a complete joke dude

You have no clue who I am or what I do, how do you know I'm a joke?

Just because I couldn't stand CDC doesn't mean I am a bandwagoner.

I Hate Luongo he is not the team and I have never stopped cheering for this team

I never even grew up in BC, so I got made fun of since I was 11 cause of our lack of success. I fricken balled my eyes out in 94

Now to stay on topic, Luongo is our last line of "defense" so I agree with the topic title
it is the "defense"

And you sir are a big meanie
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#214 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,802 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:42 PM

Luongo needs a strong defence on the tough chances so he can then be bad on the weak chances.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#215 Tm085

Tm085

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,324 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:09 AM

You have no clue who I am or what I do, how do you know I'm a joke?

Just because I couldn't stand CDC doesn't mean I am a bandwagoner.

I Hate Luongo he is not the team and I have never stopped cheering for this team

I never even grew up in BC, so I got made fun of since I was 11 cause of our lack of success. I fricken balled my eyes out in 94

Now to stay on topic, Luongo is our last line of "defense" so I agree with the topic title
it is the "defense"

And you sir are a big meanie

if you would actually read the entire post instead of taking only pieces of it to try and form yet another weak argument you would see that at no point did I say Luongo was "the team".

Who cares if people make fun of you for the team you cheer for are you really that sensitive? maybe you should not watch sports

Edited by Tm085, 17 June 2012 - 01:10 AM.

#216 Vansicle

Vansicle

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,574 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:13 AM

you're the typical "if you don't agree with my opinion then you're stupid" douchebag

Does that make you one of those typical "You call people stupid, whereas I call them douchebags and somehow that's better" guys?

no duh.

You win the internet, EOM.

#217 Noheart

Noheart

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,810 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:39 AM

if you would actually read the entire post instead of taking only pieces of it to try and form yet another weak argument you would see that at no point did I say Luongo was "the team".

Who cares if people make fun of you for the team you cheer for are you really that sensitive? maybe you should not watch sports

I hate you
Posted Image

BEASTLY!!!

#218 Riviera82

Riviera82

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,553 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:08 AM

Geezus! What's with all the name calling and sh*t?
Look, half of us think Luongo is an overrated douchebag and think Schneider is the better option moving forward. The other half think the opposite, more or less.
No need for everybody to get their panties in a knot. There will always be a roundabout argument about which is better and which is more flawed, everyone has an opinion.
My opinion is that Schneider is the guy to go with and I will not make an argument in this thread anyway as to why.

#219 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,515 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:22 AM

Wow, you say this the day after cutting pieces out of one of my posts to make it look like I was saying something other then I was? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

#220 NLluvitorleaveit

NLluvitorleaveit

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:33 AM

Wow, you say this the day after cutting pieces out of one of my posts to make it look like I was saying something other then I was? Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

:) :lol: ::D

Posted Image

Posted Image

#221 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:08 AM

you're the typical "if you don't agree with my opinion then you're stupid" douchebag

Now that is good irony.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#222 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:09 AM

no but 85 is probably miles above yours, you contribute nothing except anti-luongo bias

you still never answered my question by the way, if you put in the guy who supposedly has better stats and you still lose how is that better it's still a loss, i'd love to hear it.

I think its time you stopped called people, stupid, idiotic and douchebags or you'll find yourself in hot water and delisted here...fair warning !!

#223 darkpoet

darkpoet

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,234 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

Please see this video at the 3:48 mark:

Please see this video at the 3:31 mark:

Which one looks "mentally prepared" to you?

(hint: one is a spazz and one isn't)

Edited by darkpoet, 17 June 2012 - 10:57 AM.

#224 NuxFan09

NuxFan09

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,179 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:22 AM

Wow, the bickering here is embarrassing. Unless you're in fact teenagers, act your age.

#225 n00bxQb

n00bxQb

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,914 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:36 AM

I don't doubt that goaltending is tied heavily to the other 5 players on the ice, but our defense isn't exactly beer league, either. I just got finished compiling stats over the past 3 seasons for all the defensemen in the league for fantasy hockey and it's pretty shocking how well Edler, Bieksa, and Hamhuis stack up to other defensemen in the league (again, statistically speaking). If you went solely based on the numbers, Edler is easily a Top 15 defenseman in the league (plus he's trending upwards, despite a poor post-season). Even our bottom-pairing is, statistically, one of the better ones in the league.

#226 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,713 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:39 AM

I've been saying this all along. Our defence is disgusting. Even our so called "stars" like Bieksa and Edler are brutal in their own zone and have been for a long time. Hamhuis and Salo are our only sensible defencemen. When you look at cup winners like the Kings and Bruins, all of their defencemen are solid in their own zone and they play a defence-first system.

Instead, our bonehead coaches want to play an offense-first system, starting from our defence which ends up in a lot of bad pinches, bad passes and odd-man rushes against our goalies. We are pretty much leaving them hung out to dry, which is why its unfair to blame much on our goalies let alone compare them to guys like Thomas and Quick who have their defence making life easy for them.

Defence wins championships though, it won one against us last year and it beat us out this year to take the Cup so we need to get on board and get a more physical, shutdown-style of a defence instead.

Defense does win championships... I agree completely.

Cue the trade for Komisarek threads.

haha!

#227 uber_pwnzor

uber_pwnzor

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:10 PM

Sure, you can blame the D for some of the goals he lets in during his so called break downs, but like people have said before me;

A really good goalie will make those key saves, a good goalie won't. Loungo used to be a really good goalie, but he's starting to turn into a good one.

#228 kacvan

kacvan

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,850 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:03 PM

Rome and alberts are one big cause of the other teams scoring on Luongo.
Posted Image

Keep The Faith The Canucks Will Win!!

#229 smurf47

smurf47

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,948 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:04 PM

Rome and alberts are one big cause of the other teams scoring on Luongo.

And how come Schneider doesn;t have the same problem???????????

#230 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:10 PM

Defense does win championships... I agree completely.

Cue the trade for Komisarek threads.

haha!

Tell that to the Rangers or Coyotes. A balanced approach more than anything wins the Cup, obviously.
Posted Image

#231 Templeton Peck

Templeton Peck

Canucks First-Line

• Super Moderators
  • 6,021 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:00 PM

Can everyone please make their point(s) without resorting to personal attacks. I've handed out no less than 5 warnings/suspensions in this thread already.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Please read the Board Rules.

#232 Ugli Fruit

Ugli Fruit

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,861 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:52 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmV9WFwn3cg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j03n6NNm1QA

I'm sorry that was the worst argument I've ever seen.

So you're saying since Luongo was shifting his weight periodically and Schneider didn't, Luongo was "spazzing"?

You do realize that the periodic weight shifting is a natural reaction of any human when gearing himself up for a hard test right?

You could just as well say Schneider was feeling nervous and not confident since he squatted and had a little spasm of his own. Seriously.

Just because you posted Youtube videos doesn't mean you have valid arguments.

Edit: The hate on this thread is even more so than usual. Please stop.

Edited by LordofBrussels, 17 June 2012 - 07:53 PM.

Formerly known as LordofBrussels

There we have it folks, we have literally blamed everyone for everything at this point

Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image
Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#233 GradinToSmyl

GradinToSmyl

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 982 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:59 PM

I'm sorry that was the worst argument I've ever seen.

Edit: The hate on this thread is even more so than usual. Please stop.

I agree with your second post.
After a few days here, I am surprised half of you got the anti-bot question correct to register for this site.

#234 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,769 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:41 PM

All the fans with an actuall brain know this... hopefully Gillis has a brain.

How about Krejci save in game 7 of the finals with the game scoreless...
Posted Image

Thank you Roberto =(

#235 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,787 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:52 PM

I don't doubt that goaltending is tied heavily to the other 5 players on the ice, but our defense isn't exactly beer league, either. I just got finished compiling stats over the past 3 seasons for all the defensemen in the league for fantasy hockey and it's pretty shocking how well Edler, Bieksa, and Hamhuis stack up to other defensemen in the league (again, statistically speaking). If you went solely based on the numbers, Edler is easily a Top 15 defenseman in the league (plus he's trending upwards, despite a poor post-season). Even our bottom-pairing is, statistically, one of the better ones in the league.

Too many impulsive fans on this board to appreciate what we have.

#236 Z3tt3rB3rg19

Z3tt3rB3rg19

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:49 PM

The kings had a hard time scoring 2 on Cory and they won the Stanley cup

You do realize things tighten up in the playoffs rite?

Like in the Philly vs Pitts series :bigblush:

#237 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NmV9WFwn3cg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j03n6NNm1QA

Yes, this tells us so much. Lets base analysis and major team decisions on 6 seconds of youtube clips.

Edited by Tortorella's Rant, 17 June 2012 - 10:56 PM.

Posted Image

#238 canucksnihilist

canucksnihilist

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,455 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:56 PM

Wow

Reality is that Luongo stole a few games in the finals against the bruins, and the other nights he needed the team's help.

Just cause he didn't steal all the games ... What do u really expect?

No kesler, no hamuis. Anf by game 7 really no Erhoff, no edler, no Rome, sedins injured, no cup. Those players were shadows of themselves by game 7, ridiculously injured. NHL refs are the real idiots. Or is it the so called rules? Lest u forget what really happened!

#239 Tortorella's Rant

Tortorella's Rant

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,089 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:57 PM

Too many impulsive fans on this board to appreciate what we have.

Some goof on this page didn't even consider Edler in the top 30 of NHL defensemen.

LOL
Posted Image

#240 nowhereman

nowhereman

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,030 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:10 PM

Luongo can look as good as any goalie in the league but is also prone to mental lapse and allows goals by the bushel-full.

You can blaim defensive lapses, which have played a part in recent playoff failures, but I have also seen A LOT of bad goals from Luo. The Chicago blowouts and the Boston debacles were not exactly Luongo's shining moments. He looked bad. I'm not sure how you can deny that.

At the end of the day, both Luongo and the Canucks franchise needs a fresh start.
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.