The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor - CBJ was going to make a "major offer" for Schnieder

babych

I don't know what they CBJ would pay up that would be major... Jeff Carter has no spot on the Canucks, he's not the type of forward we needed, Johansen would be sick but a rumour that floated around last season is that Vancouver and Boston both demanded him back if CBJ wanted Schneider/Rask and CBJ said he was untouchable and wasn't happening, CBJ was said to want Hodgson, Schneider plus 2 1st for Nash!! any team would be dumb to pay that price, if true, I don't know how a GM could demand that kinda return and be serious about it. If CBJ would give up one of Johansen or the 2nd overall for Schneider then it's going to be very hard to not take that deal, we have Lack and Cannata coming up we have no future top line centre coming up and it's not like Luongo is a bad goalie.

IMO the possibility of an offer sheet from CLB is scary. An offer of $4,701,131 - $6,268,175 would = First, second and third-round pick. VAN would be put in a tough spot if Schneider agreed to that. No way they could keep both goalies and they would have to make a choice based on nearly equal cap hits for both goalies.

I hope they don't.

I doubt that Schneider would embrace Columbus . He will be a RFA next season and thats too big a chance for Columbus to take. He can wait it out and choose a contending team after next season. If he has a great season here it will only increase his market value . If a contender were to show interest this season...then Schneids might go with it and sign a multi year deal. i still believe it will be Lou going.

I don't about anyone else but if CBJ makes a big offer for Schnieds that would maybe include Nash/Johnson, that would make our team a whole lot better then keeping Schnieder and getting rid of Lu for another salary dump player

A franchise star goalie is more important to a hockey team than a franchise star forward.

Schneider for Nash is a steal for Columbus. Nash is only on the ice for 20 minutes a game, Schneider is there for 60, but for whatever reason fans don't understand this.

For example, if you're a struggling team like even Edmonton, you'd rather have Lundqvist on your team than Chara because a good goalie helps you much more than a good skater.

I wouldn't have done Schneider for Nash though, our team has enough star forwards (Sedins and Kesler is 2 more than most teams). Just look at Boston - they won with no offensive stars, and the Kings won with 1 true star (Kopitar) and a bunch of good secondary scorers (Carter/Richards/Williams/Brown all 50-60 point scorers, not stars). What we need is a DEFENSIVE star and Columbus doesn't have that.

Don't think it was Rick Nash, Nash is already a proven star and Schneider is an up and comer. Also remember the ridiculous package that the Jackets wanted from the Rangers in exchange for Nash? There's no way Schneider alone would have been good enough to pick up Rick Nash.

I guess this is why Mike Gillis said the Nash welcoming parade will be in 2018. No way in hell we give up Schneider and anything for a single asset that Columbus has. Johansen and something for Schneider - maybe, back at the deadline, but now, no cigar. Schneider one for one for Nash - no thanks. Who wants to be on the hook for his 7.8 million? Not worth restructuring a contending team for. Those proposals of Cory, Hodgson, pick after pick...ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous, and took no cap hits off the Canucks. So where else would the Canucks also have to subtract to make room for Nash? Laughable proposal - I would have laughed in Howson's face and hung up. No thanks. Nash belongs in Columbus or elsewhere. Not worth the complications and the depletion of assets for one over-inflated asset. Bottom line - Schneider is the untouchable - Columbus is in no position to be naming untouchables like Johansen and attempting to poach a marquis goaltender from a contender. Perhaps that is why Columbus still has Nash - they don't understand who is negotiating from a position of strength, and who is the struggling franchise shopping their underachieving captain. If they want Luongo it will cost the Johansen and a blueline prospect. Otherwise, enjoy shopping for a goaltender and good luck with that.

I guess this is why Mike Gillis said the Nash welcoming parade will be in 2018. No way in hell we give up Schneider and anything for a single asset that Columbus has. Johansen and something for Schneider - maybe, back at the deadline, but now, no cigar. Schneider one for one for Nash - no thanks. Who wants to be on the hook for his 7.8 million? Not worth restructuring a contending team for. Those proposals of Cory, Hodgson, pick after pick...ridiculous, absolutely ridiculous, and took no cap hits off the Canucks. So where else would the Canucks also have to subtract to make room for Nash? Laughable proposal - I would have laughed in Howson's face and hung up. No thanks. Nash belongs in Columbus or elsewhere. Not worth the complications and the depletion of assets for one over-inflated asset. Bottom line - Schneider is the untouchable - Columbus is in no position to be naming untouchables like Johansen and attempting to poach a marquis goaltender from a contender. Perhaps that is why Columbus still has Nash - they don't understand who is negotiating from a position of strength, and who is the struggling franchise shopping their underachieving captain. If they want Luongo it will cost the Johansen and a blueline prospect. Otherwise, enjoy shopping for a goaltender and good luck with that.

A franchise star goalie is more important to a hockey team than a franchise star forward.

Schneider for Nash is a steal for Columbus. Nash is only on the ice for 20 minutes a game, Schneider is there for 60, but for whatever reason fans don't understand this.

For example, if you're a struggling team like even Edmonton, you'd rather have Lundqvist on your team than Chara because a good goalie helps you much more than a good skater.

I wouldn't have done Schneider for Nash though, our team has enough star forwards (Sedins and Kesler is 2 more than most teams). Just look at Boston - they won with no offensive stars, and the Kings won with 1 true star (Kopitar) and a bunch of good secondary scorers (Carter/Richards/Williams/Brown all 50-60 point scorers, not stars). What we need is a DEFENSIVE star and Columbus doesn't have that.

Archived