The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor - CBJ was going to make a "major offer" for Schnieder

babych

luongo is a very good starting goalie and should be good for a while and i would be more than comfortable keeping him cuz he can carry a team when needed making crazy unbelievable saves, so far schneider has not proved he can do that

It's just not that simple that great goalies help more than forwards... I understand the argument behind it but I don't fully agree with it, before Boston won the cup people were saying you didn't need top end goalies to win but now that Boston and LA both won with stellar goaltending people are using this. What we do know is that you need that top end #1 D man to win a cup, something we just don't have. Personally I'd LOVE Nash here, Nash has a very rare talent of size and skill and he carries the CBJ he doesn't have a lot of support, get him a Spezza to set him up and lets see how much of a jump his points have or put most other stars on CBJ and lets see how they hold up scoring by themselves. Although I do hate his cap hit, he's very overpaid and in a market like Vancouver it'll be bad news sooner or later.

Nash just doesn't work in Vancouver with how we're set up, he won't fit with the Twins cycle game, Kassian should though, Kesler and Nash will have the same chemistry Nash had with Carter and Booth Kesler Nash line is BIG but all are shooters we'd need to off Kesler for a playmaker centre to centre Nash and Booth. Vancouver also just couldn't afford the cost to get Nash and with our crap drafting guys like Kassian and Jensen are just unmoveable for us, even Schroeder would be a tough loss as we don't have another centre with top 6 potential and with Kassian and Jensen Schroeder's size would become an nonissue. We couldn't afford to move Edler unless it's an upgrade coming back like Weber and I don't think you'd move Kesler for Nash as who would centre the 2nd line and leaving it to Schroeder is very very risky.

Unless Gillis really has it in him for big bold moves that he advertises there won't be any major changes on the Canucks outside of goaltending, as it would have to involve one or more of our stars/core guys as our prospect are almost unmoveable and it's a very small pool.

Isn't Wisniewski also a guy like Ballard, not bad but not playing up to his massive contract?

My dream trade:

To Columbus: Cory Schneider, Mason Raymond, Keith Ballard, 2nd round pick

To Vancouver: Rick Nash, James Wisniewski

it won't get to that point this will all be sorted out by or at the draft, Gillis would be an idiot to put us in that kinda spot, if you can't move Luongo by the draft and Schneider won't sign without being the #1(he deserves his shot so I couldn't blame him) you have to move Schneider at the draft then cause a team will offer sheet Schneider, will he sign it is the big question and if I was him I would. Too many teams need Schneider and one or more will make an offer.

now that Carter is gone, i wouldn't really want anyone from them. Sure Nash (and Umberger as well) but i think his caphit is too much and for a guy that hasn't quite hit the 80PTS mark, this city would eat him alive.

I know he hasn't been with the best team, and him with the Sedins would be great to watch, but come on. The fans here are already packing Luongo's bags and his cap hit is much lower. This is a goalie that has at times single handedly won playoff series for us (Dallas?) and broken almost every goalie record in Canucks history, and fans still want him out. If Nash were to come here, it would be the same situation. If he didn't produce at least 80-90PTS per season, fans would want him out as well.

What game were you watching? What does it tell you when your team is relying on Schnieder for the last 3 games of the playoffs and has a goal against under 2. It just proves that they have as much trust in their back up as they do in their starter. So yes he has proven himself.

If Columbus asks MG about Schneider now, the only way they get his attention will be if they pony up the 2nd overall. That is what it will take for Columbus to get their franchise goalie and future Vezina winner. Things have changed since the trade deadline and Schneider is now a #1 goalie, not a backup and his value is much, much higher. With the 2nd overall, we either pick Nail Yakupov or Ryan Murray. If they're really ready to make a "big offer" for Schneider, let's see it then... IMO it has to involve their 2nd overall to be considered one.

If CBJ would move Johansen for Schneider I'd do that, that's one of the very few players I'd move Schneider for over Luongo, Johansen really would be that safety net for us and at 6'3 220lbs he brings a ton of size then slap Kassian 6'3 220lbs and we're getting freaking big and both bring a lot of skill, we'd also have Jensen at 6'3 close to being ready. CBJ could afford this as they have the 2nd overall and can draft Galchenyuk or Grigorenko to replace the loss of Johansen and get their goalie of the future, their D has improved a ton.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Schroeder

Burrows Johansen Hansen

Higgin Lappy OPEN

I really think Kassian should be put with the Twins he likes to cycle, he's very strong on the boards and can also play big in front of the net, natural right handed right side guy, who brings that meanness we've always wanted with the Sedins, if Pyatt and Carter could score with the Twins than a much higher skilled Kassian should be able to and he did look solid when he did play with them. Kassian is putting in a monster offseason this year, he showed flashes of being a solid top 6er if his training can help him maintain that play for this next season then I'm excited.

I think Schroeder could be a perfect fit for Booth and Kesler, Schroeder is a playmaker guy who has great speed and highly skilled, Kesler and Booth both bring size and grit and they need a skilled playmaker on their wing in the worse way, I think Schroeder will be that guy.

Johansen can learn the game under Kesler and the Sedins and we can take our time with developing and grooming him to be the future top line centre. The 3rd line would be a solid 2 way line that would be able to chip in offensively and players can move up when injuries happen this giving us even better scoring depth in the system.

On the 4th line Higgins and Lappy have played great together in the past and this gives our 4th line that factor of skill that teams who win the cup have.

I'm surprised that so many people are still interested in Nash. If the Canucks had Nash and Luongo, they would be handcuffed Cap-wise for years.

If people are serious about wanting MG to make a play for Weber next year, there's no way they can afford Rick Nash as well.

As far as I'm concerned, if the Jackets want Schneider badly enough, then the #2 pick or RJ have to be on the table.

IF CBJ is really serious about Schneider...here's a deal I would hope happen...

Booth + Ballard + Schneider

for

Johansen + Jackson + Gilles + 2nd round pick.

VAN gets cap space, younger, and bigger.

CBJ gets a top 6F, a top 4D, and a #1 goalie.

EDIT: Maybe CBJ gives a 3rd round pick as well.

I live in Calgary and listen to The Fan 960 regulary. Yesterday they had a reporter from Columbus on talking about the disaster of a season the Blue Jackets had. He was talking about how everything went wrong from the Carter trade to losing the lottery. Anyway, what caught my interest was that he stated that CBJ really wanted Schnieder and were prepared to make a "major offer" for him. He then went on to say that Schnieder is now untouchable due to his taking over the starter position in the playoffs and that Luongo is in play if Columbus wanted a goaltender.

He was citing this as another example of how things have gone south in Columbus: the goalie they really wanted is now untouchable, etc.

Anyway, thoughts on what Columbus would be (or was) willing to give up to get Schnieder? Plus, if Vancouver goes with Luongo does that make Schnieder's trade value all that much higher?

There's no way that CBJ would be wanting to put their 2nd overall pick in a package to get Schnieder, is there?

Edit: the reporter in question is Aaron Portzline, who is the Blue Jackets beat reporter with the Columbus Dispatch.

If CBJ would move Johansen for Schneider I'd do that, that's one of the very few players I'd move Schneider for over Luongo, Johansen really would be that safety net for us and at 6'3 220lbs he brings a ton of size then slap Kassian 6'3 220lbs and we're getting freaking big and both bring a lot of skill, we'd also have Jensen at 6'3 close to being ready. CBJ could afford this as they have the 2nd overall and can draft Galchenyuk or Grigorenko to replace the loss of Johansen and get their goalie of the future, their D has improved a ton.

Sedin Sedin Kassian

Booth Kesler Schroeder

Burrows Johansen Hansen

Higgin Lappy OPEN

I really think Kassian should be put with the Twins he likes to cycle, he's very strong on the boards and can also play big in front of the net, natural right handed right side guy, who brings that meanness we've always wanted with the Sedins, if Pyatt and Carter could score with the Twins than a much higher skilled Kassian should be able to and he did look solid when he did play with them. Kassian is putting in a monster offseason this year, he showed flashes of being a solid top 6er if his training can help him maintain that play for this next season then I'm excited.

I think Schroeder could be a perfect fit for Booth and Kesler, Schroeder is a playmaker guy who has great speed and highly skilled, Kesler and Booth both bring size and grit and they need a skilled playmaker on their wing in the worse way, I think Schroeder will be that guy.

Johansen can learn the game under Kesler and the Sedins and we can take our time with developing and grooming him to be the future top line centre. The 3rd line would be a solid 2 way line that would be able to chip in offensively and players can move up when injuries happen this giving us even better scoring depth in the system.

On the 4th line Higgins and Lappy have played great together in the past and this gives our 4th line that factor of skill that teams who win the cup have.

Archived