The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor - CBJ was going to make a "major offer" for Schnieder

babych

IMO. Weber is not worth 7mil.

Yes he has proven to be a great top end 'Norris' type dman but he hasn't proven much in playoffs.

His playoff stats are similar to those of the dmen we already have on our roster. We don't need someone who will be beast in regular season and sub-par in playoffs.

I would love to see Weber here. But at 6.5mil max. Or even the same as the Sedins salary.

What game were you watching? What does it tell you when your team is relying on Schnieder for the last 3 games of the playoffs and has a goal against under 2. It just proves that they have as much trust in their back up as they do in their starter. So yes he has proven himself.

I'd have no problem having Weber here at 7 mil.... he's worth each and every penny of that 7 mil, how many elite,mean, big, gritty right handed D man are there?... a D man like Weber is what's stopping this core from winning a cup.

FWIW, TSN is reporting that the market for Nash is "heating up".

Teams said to have expressed interest in the last 10 days are the Rangers, Sharks, Leafs, Flyers and 'Canes. There were also apparently two other teams which were not identified.

Weber is an elite and one of if not the best D man in the league, he's worth 7 mil easy, your very very wrong on players worth on this case. Canucks lost in the finals due to being soft and injury prone, Weber helps a ton with the soft label and I bet even Lucic would have some fear of Weber, Weber is huge at 6'4 230+ and hits like a truck. Canucks need Weber on the blue line in the worse way and because of that I'd have no problem paying him 7 mil + to have him here thats what he's worth, every GM would love to have Weber at 7 mil. Your nuts to think you could have Weber for anything south of 7 million a year, maybe if you put him on some kinda 10 year contract you could get the cap hit down.

I've said Nash is overpaid and by a lot nor does my logic support your ridicules statements.

Nashville wants to sign Weber long term and for him money isn't an issue, is what's being reported so I highly doubt Nashville feels Weber isn't worth 7+ million. The big problem is it's rumoured Weber might not want to stay there.

If the return is significant and more than what we can get for Luongo, I'd trade Schneider and keep Luongo. Goaltending was not our problem - we're fine with either player for the next 5 years (with Schneider, more). If the return fixes our scoring problem and/or our defense, then yes.

You must not watch Nash play.

Big men with soft hands, those don't come along often. It is extremely difficult to develop these kind of players.

However, his cap is too big. Don't see us getting him unless the cap does indeed go up.

Archived