Canucks Community

2012-13 lineup!

Nope, this is the forward lineup.

Sedin/Sedin/Kassian

Burrows/Kesler/Booth

Higgins/Malhotra/Lapierre

Jensen/Hansen/Pahlsson?

Something like that :)

Sedins need some added toughness on their line, Burrows plays well with Kesler, always have. Two danes (Hansen, Jensen) on one line = success, and the old line from before with Higgins/Mahl, Lappy. Kassian needs experience playing with the Sedins, because he will be a first line guy. Try him out for a few GAMES, not a few SHIFTS. And Jensen will gain experience playing on a fourth line. If it doesn't work out, go back to before, but try it out.

Also comes into effect is what we can possibly get for Luongo.

Go Canucks! Excited for the new season.

Hey Kariya...

TniUb.png

:emot-parrot:

That image posted, and your emotions rattled, I actually would only want Gardiner so that Schultz would be a lock to come here.

Luongo will get us either:

Schenn + Colborne + 2nd 2012 TOR

or

Franson's RFA rights + Colborne + Ashton + 5th 2012 TOR

(the 5th would be so that we can package that and our own 5th for a 4th round pick to draft Jujhar Khaira with)

It's nice to dream but some of these suggestions are just horrible. Kassian on the third line? Give me a break, the kid is far from NHL ready and at BEST deserves to be a healthy scratch. He should be down playing with the Wolves and developing.

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Latendresse*/Jensen

Higgins-Pahlsson/Malhotra-Hansen

Volpatti-Lapierre-Bitz/Weise

Duco-Ebbett

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Salo*

Ballard-Tanev

Alberts-Rome

Gragnani

Schneider

Luongo

We still have most of the parts in place to be a contender. Our roster only needs a few minor tweaks. We need to stabilize our 4th line (for the last time, the 4th line is NOT a wasteland for players not good enough to play on other lines or Raymond and Malhotra when they're struggling, it is for tough, physical, hardworking, grinders), a top 4 d-man to replace Salo, and a top-6 forward to play with Kesler.

As far as goaltending, despite all the talk and B.S. rumours, I think it's entirely possible for Luongo to return next season playing a smaller role along side Schneider in a similar way to the tandem of Halak and Elliott played last season. Elliott was the far better goaltender for much of last season and played more games throughout the year but come playoff time Halak was still their number one.

I think it's entirely possible to see Schneider and Luongo playing in a 5 year cycle. Schneider played 25 games in 2010-2011, 33 games in 2011-2012, I can easily see Schneider playing around 40-45 games next season, 50-55 games in 2013-2014, and around 60-65 games in 2014-2015.

I still think Luongo has a role to play in Vancouver and that he should continue to play here while Schneider gradually becomes a more consistent starter with a higher workload.

Regardless of your feelings on Luongo, giving him up would be short-sighted and moronic. Despite his downside (and trust me he still has plenty of downside), he's still an elite and proven goaltender. While some may feel his contract will get in the way, Luongo is a team player and still has a lot to offer our team. As much as I love Schneider he's still an unproven asset. If Luongo is willing to waive his no-trade clause now, there is no reason to think he wouldn't be willing to do so later, why rush something we will more than likely regret? I still think he's capable of playing 35-40 games next season as Schneider's role increases.

The Canucks have a great problem of having two number one goaltenders. While I think Schneider is the future of this franchise I think it is entirely possible and much more likely to win a cup with BOTH Schneider AND Luongo. As much as I believe in Schneider, it would still be nice to have an insurance policy in Luongo should he struggle or get hurt. Schneider may be our clutch guy, but Luongo is still a workhorse and we should utilize both in our hunt for our first cup, not trade Luongo away on a hunch.

I think I lost a year in the eighties, a couple more in the nineties. Did I miss another? :picard:

I thought Burrows was signed this year... :sick::wacko:

And did we get change on Reimers 3.10 GAA?

To Leafs: Luongo, 2nd rd, Sweatt, Malhotra

To Canucks: Ashton Carter, Reimer, Colbrone

To Canucks: Brett Sutter, 2012 & 2015 3rd rd

To Hurricanes: Ballard, Raymond, 4th rd, 2nd

Holmstrom 1 yr. 2 mill

Brassard 3 yrs. 2.5 mill per

resign Burrows 3 yrs 4.2 per

Moen 1 yr. 1.5

Volpatti 4 yrs 850k per

Weise 3 yrs 900k

Garrison 4 yrs 3.6 per

Hall 2 yrs. 2.5 per

Reimer 2 yrs 2 mill per

Schneider 5 yrs 3.5 per

Ebbett 2 yrs 700k

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler- Holmstrom

Higgins-Brassard-Kassian

6'0-6'1-6'3

Volpatti-Lapierre-Moen/Hansen

Weise/Ebbett/Sutter

Edler-Garrison

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Hall-Gragnani/Tanev

Salo?

Schneider

Reimer

To Leafs: Luongo, 2nd rd, Sweatt, Malhotra

To Canucks: Ashton Carter, Reimer, Colbrone

To Canucks: Brett Sutter, 2012 & 2015 3rd rd

To Hurricanes: Ballard, Raymond, 4th rd, 2nd

Holmstrom 1 yr. 2 mill

Brassard 3 yrs. 2.5 mill per

resign Burrows 3 yrs 4.2 per

Moen 1 yr. 1.5

Volpatti 4 yrs 850k per

Weise 3 yrs 900k

Garrison 4 yrs 3.6 per

Hall 2 yrs. 2.5 per

Reimer 2 yrs 2 mill per

Schneider 5 yrs 3.5 per

Ebbett 2 yrs 700k

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler- Holmstrom

Higgins-Brassard-Kassian

6'0-6'1-6'3

Volpatti-Lapierre-Moen/Hansen

Weise/Ebbett/Sutter

Edler-Garrison

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Hall-Gragnani/Tanev

Salo?

Schneider

Reimer

Any realistic Canucks fan knows, that an aging declining top 15 goalie who is signed for another 10 years, is not worth someone who played 22+ mins a night, and led all of the rookie dmen in points, who Burke also didn't want to involve in a trade for Nash. You also seem to be ignoring the fact that Gillis traded Hodgson for Kassian. He will trade Luongo in a heartbeat, screaming no takebacks if he was offered Gardiner.

It's nice to dream but some of these suggestions are just horrible. Kassian on the third line? Give me a break, the kid is far from NHL ready and at BEST deserves to be a healthy scratch. He should be down playing with the Wolves and developing.

Daniel-Henrik-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Latendresse*/Jensen

Higgins-Pahlsson/Malhotra-Hansen

Volpatti-Lapierre-Bitz/Weise

Duco-Ebbett

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Salo*

Ballard-Tanev

Alberts-Rome

Gragnani

Schneider

Luongo

We still have most of the parts in place to be a contender. Our roster only needs a few minor tweaks. We need to stabilize our 4th line (for the last time, the 4th line is NOT a wasteland for players not good enough to play on other lines or Raymond and Malhotra when they're struggling, it is for tough, physical, hardworking, grinders), a top 4 d-man to replace Salo, and a top-6 forward to play with Kesler.

As far as goaltending, despite all the talk and B.S. rumours, I think it's entirely possible for Luongo to return next season playing a smaller role along side Schneider in a similar way to the tandem of Halak and Elliott played last season. Elliott was the far better goaltender for much of last season and played more games throughout the year but come playoff time Halak was still their number one.

I think it's entirely possible to see Schneider and Luongo playing in a 5 year cycle. Schneider played 25 games in 2010-2011, 33 games in 2011-2012, I can easily see Schneider playing around 40-45 games next season, 50-55 games in 2013-2014, and around 60-65 games in 2014-2015.

I still think Luongo has a role to play in Vancouver and that he should continue to play here while Schneider gradually becomes a more consistent starter with a higher workload.

Regardless of your feelings on Luongo, giving him up would be short-sighted and moronic. Despite his downside (and trust me he still has plenty of downside), he's still an elite and proven goaltender. While some may feel his contract will get in the way, Luongo is a team player and still has a lot to offer our team. As much as I love Schneider he's still an unproven asset. If Luongo is willing to waive his no-trade clause now, there is no reason to think he wouldn't be willing to do so later, why rush something we will more than likely regret? I still think he's capable of playing 35-40 games next season as Schneider's role increases.

The Canucks have a great problem of having two number one goaltenders. While I think Schneider is the future of this franchise I think it is entirely possible and much more likely to win a cup with BOTH Schneider AND Luongo. As much as I believe in Schneider, it would still be nice to have an insurance policy in Luongo should he struggle or get hurt. Schneider may be our clutch guy, but Luongo is still a workhorse and we should utilize both in our hunt for our first cup, not trade Luongo away on a hunch.

I suspect Schneider is part of a package ( sign and trade) for Nash and we use that time ( up to 2017-18 out clause to deal Lu) to develop Lack to replace Luongo in a similar fashion that we developed Schneids

Nope, this is the forward lineup.

Sedin/Sedin/Kassian

Burrows/Kesler/Booth

Higgins/Malhotra/Lapierre

Jensen/Hansen/Pahlsson?

Something like that :)

Sedins need some added toughness on their line, Burrows plays well with Kesler, always have. Two danes (Hansen, Jensen) on one line = success, and the old line from before with Higgins/Mahl, Lappy. Kassian needs experience playing with the Sedins, because he will be a first line guy. Try him out for a few GAMES, not a few SHIFTS. And Jensen will gain experience playing on a fourth line. If it doesn't work out, go back to before, but try it out.

Also comes into effect is what we can possibly get for Luongo.

Go Canucks! Excited for the new season.

Archived