The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Discussion) A Little Re-Tooling - Van-Cbj & Signings

After my last attempt at a Canucks-Blue Jackets trade, I'm struggling mightly with this one. I can't decide on whether trading Schneider is the best move for the team, or somehow convince Luongo to waive his no-trade to Columbus.

To Vancouver: Rick Nash + Jack Johnson

To Columbus: Roberto Luongo or Cory Schneider + David Booth + Mason Raymond + Keith Ballard + Manny Malhotra + 2014 2nd rounder

Sign:

Ryan Suter: 8 years @ $56 millon = $7 millon per

Kristian Huselius: 1 year @ $2 million

Canucks 2012-13 line up:

1A) Sedin - Sedin - Nash = $20 million

1B) Burrows - Kesler - Higgins = $8,900,000

3) Hansen - Schroeder - Jensen = $3,225,000

4) Kassian - Lapierre - Bitz = $2,570,000

$34,695,000

This is the best group of forwards we've ever had. No other group comes close to it. And if we can't get Penner and Jensen is ready for the big show, bring him on up for the third line.

1D A) J. Johnson - Suter = $19,357,412

1D B) Hamhuis - Edler = $7.75

1D C) Tanev - Bieksa = $5.5

$32,625,412

With that defense there is no order of pairings. They are all number 1 pairings.

Schneider = $3.0

Lack = $.900

$4,400,000

Total cap = $71,225,000/70,300,000

PP1:

Sedin - Sedin - Nash

Edler - Kesler

PP2:

Higgins - Schroeder - Burrows

Suter - Johnson

PK1:

Kesler - Burrows

Johnson - Suter

PK2:

Sedin - Nash

Hamhuis - Bieksa

Thoughts? Honestly, this team looks virtually unstoppable. It has the size to absolutley run people over in the playoffs. Once again, which on of Luongo or Schneider would get the deal done?

EDIT: Just counted all the salary caps up. We're a tad over the limit with this roster.

Personally, I think MG may make an offer for Rick Nash if he's willing to waive his no trade clause, but in no way do I think he's going to overpay for him. Honestly, I see a lot of threads that are willing to throw their homes into hypethetical deals. And then I see them putting him on with the Sedins. Burrows has played with them for years now. Why does everyone keep trying to fix what isn't broke. The first line is great; it's the second line that needs improvement. If we were to, miraculously, get Nash, I think the second line would be his future.

Second line:

Jensen - Kesler - Nash

But, realistically, I don't think there's a chance we get him. Their franchise player is a second liner on our team, and I don't think he'll be OK with that. Could be an amazing second line though.

Top 4's a mess. All of them play the left side so it wouldn't work at all. Add in the aforementioned cap problems and there's no way.

Besides, Gillis already talked about how he wouldn't trade for Nash. He's a great player, but this team can't justify spending $7.8 on him.

Archived