The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Aaron Volpatti to VAN

Ofcourse he was chosen over hodgson.

If you are a 4th line plug, can skate and defend but can't score to save your life you're #1 for AV.

but if you're a young player challenging for more ice time you're cancer.

We need like a whole new 4th line in my opinion. Lappy and Manny are good but i think we need a 4th line that can bring energy and be used in the playoffs - like LA's 4th line was. Their 4th line was crucial to not only beating the Canucks but winning the cup as well.

I dont really think we need Volpatti, but then again what do I know. I'm not an NHL player or manager. I trust Gillis, he has done great things so far.

Love the signing especially with him willing to take a paycut to pay him $600,000 at the NHL level, but only $105,000 if he gets shipped to the minors. Last season, he made $625,000 with the Canucks and $200,000 at the minor-league level. So with him taking a paycut and raymond possibly getting a deal worth less than his 2.6 mil I cant wait to see what else gmmg does with other players, maybe making cap room for something in the future or just smart business

We didn't have enough spare parts last year.... all of them got broken before the season really got going. You need spare parts, lots of them... especially if Gillis is planning on doing more to combat the fatigue during the season like he said in his post-season interview. That likely means rotating guys out of the lineup more regularly during the year to give them breaks.

Archived