The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Aaron Volpatti to VAN

WE NEED more guys like Volpatti. We NEED guys who are ready to compete. I think this is what we were missing int he playoffs...injecting some youth definitely helps. We need some youngblood.

That being said..this is just one of the things that we can do to help get where we want to be. Kinda crapty how he got injured before the playoffs.

Like we got Duco, Steve Begin, Todd Fedoruk and Owen Nolan last year?

Yeah, they solved all our problems late!

Players like Volpatti are a dime a dozen and signing guys like this in June is a waste. Wait till late August/early September. There will be tons of guys like this to pick up closer to training camp. Why commit money to one of them now when there will be plenty of other options, and likely better ones, later

I am predicting a solid year for Volpatti this year, hopefully somewhere in the range of 15-25 pts on the fourth line.

If he has:

-At least 5 goals or 15 points

-At worst a -5 +/- rating

-At least 150 hits

-At least 80 blocked shots

-more fighting majors than minor penalties

Than this will be a solid re-sign in my mind, and I think Volpatti is capable of all those things.

I am predicting a solid year for Volpatti this year, hopefully somewhere in the range of 15-25 pts on the fourth line.

If he has:

-At least 150 hits

Than this will be a solid re-sign in my mind, and I think Volpatti is capable of all those things.

If he has:

-At least 150 hits

• 3 weeks later...

I think it is a great signing, he will work hard as he has. He had earned the 4th line spot last year before his injury. 1 hit K.O. this guy doesn't have to score many goals, but we honestly need some physical presence cause young Kassian hasn't fit the bill just yet.

Its not your money so who cares if its one way or not! Aquilinis can affford to bury contracts like that in the minors np. If he pans out and plays well, great, if not, he will be Chicago bound.

There were flashes of quality hockey from him, who knows, another off season of training and training camp and he may have a breakout/impactful season.

Archived