The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Aaron Volpatti to VAN

Signing Volpatti is nothing more than a depth 4th line move. And one I'm perfectly happy with.

Totally agree with what Niloc009 said - although I think our better bet would be to sign a big, skilled player to play with the Sedins and drop Burrows down to the 2nd. This is where Burrows better fits, and his resulting reduced point totals will probably help contract talks at the end of the year where he will be due for an obvious raise.

Doesn't really matter who we sign for that role, as he'll never be outside of our defensive zone all season long anyway.

I'm like, if we're going to start our 4th line in our own zone 100% of the time, then why not have them all be bone-crushing giants?

(You see other teams starting these guys in opposing zone faceoffs now and then.)

Let's hope Volpatti can play a few games without sustaining a major injury. Cheers.

TOML

Its not your money so who cares if its one way or not! Aquilinis can affford to bury contracts like that in the minors np. If he pans out and plays well, great, if not, he will be Chicago bound.

There were flashes of quality hockey from him, who knows, another off season of training and training camp and he may have a breakout/impactful season.

Meh... I don't hate it but that doesn't mean I like it

I'd value (like most of you here) Bitz, Kassian, Weise and probably even Pini before him... Aaron's a tough guy but he doesn't offer much else, and guys like Staubitz, McGrattan... etc. are on their way to the museum. If he can become a penalty killing option then sure, but he doesn't offer enough utility (and he's no Rypper (RIP) either) to warrant a one-way contract or to be the 13th man.

Archived