Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Signing] Aaron Volpatti to VAN

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
79 replies to this topic

#61 GSS Corp.

GSS Corp.

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 955 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 11:13 PM

Glad to see him back!
Posted Image

GO CANUCKS GO!!!

#62 Bombastik der Teutone

Bombastik der Teutone

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,128 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:54 AM

good physical depth signing IMO

#63 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 12:58 AM

Hope he becomes a skilled Canuck in the future.
Posted Image

#64 Trevor19Naslund

Trevor19Naslund

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,335 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:14 AM

WE NEED more guys like Volpatti. We NEED guys who are ready to compete. I think this is what we were missing int he playoffs...injecting some youth definitely helps. We need some youngblood.

That being said..this is just one of the things that we can do to help get where we want to be. Kinda crapty how he got injured before the playoffs.
>> This VIDEO Is What We Live For <<
Posted Image
Wish List: Backes, Palmieri, VanRiemsdyk, Chris Stewart, Dustin Brown, Clowe, Burish, Stoll, Ott.

#65 ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

ThaBestPlaceOnEarth

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,079 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:19 AM

Glad he's back, Volpatti was super solid for us before he got hurt and always played hard. Hopefully they get another guy who can chuck em as well so Volpatti doesn't have to do all the heavy lifting!

Ceterum censeo Chicaginem delendam esse

#66 Rounoush

Rounoush

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:29 AM

What a waste of money..

Yeah, because paying him minimum wage is REALLY going to hurt us down the stretch with the cap. :picard:
Posted Image
Thanks a bunch to khalifawiz501 for the signature.

#67 Canuck or Die

Canuck or Die

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,518 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 03:57 AM

Shouldn't the title read "Aaron Volpatti re-signs with Vancouver"?
EMBRACE THE HATE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GO CANUCKS GO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We WILL be drinking from Lord Stanley's Cup soon, Canucks Nation!

Posted Image

#68 Alexandre

Alexandre

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 684 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 04:07 AM

Love the Volpatti signing. Heart and soul type of player. Punishing checker. A player that can cause the opposition to look over their shoulder.

#69 Peaches

Peaches

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,628 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:10 AM

Nice to re-sign a player who actually cares and not just in it to cash in *ahem* Malhotra, Ballard, raymond...

Malhotra,Ballard,Raymond are not just in it for the money. They all love the city and organization. Are they overpaid? Yes but they arent just here for money

Feminism will be outlawed. Mostly because it's a backwards idiotic viewpoint that doesn't serve any real progressive purpose.

Nobody breaks from Mafia... Mafia breaks YOU!

CDCFL - Montreal Canadiens GM
CDCEHL - Winnipeg Jets AGM

#70 jmfaminoff

jmfaminoff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,815 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 09:36 AM

Malhotra,Ballard,Raymond are not just in it for the money. They all love the city and organization. Are they overpaid? Yes but they arent just here for money

I find it interesting that the Canucks are retracting the value of some contracts. With the increase in cap, this may help the Canucks out pursuing a trade and/or some free agents.

#71 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,888 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 02:26 PM

Like we got Duco, Steve Begin, Todd Fedoruk and Owen Nolan last year?

Yeah, they solved all our problems late!

Players like Volpatti are a dime a dozen and signing guys like this in June is a waste. Wait till late August/early September. There will be tons of guys like this to pick up closer to training camp. Why commit money to one of them now when there will be plenty of other options, and likely better ones, later

#72 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,377 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 12:02 PM

Wonder where he will come in the lineup. He`ll be competing with Bitz, Kassian, Pinnizotto and probably Weise in training camp.

Well Bitz and Pinizotto aren't signed right now. Same with Weise but Weise is RFA and I am sure Kassian will be top-9 or AHL for more development. I like Volpatti, and think he will do well pending health.
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#73 zombieksa

zombieksa

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,051 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:01 PM

I am predicting a solid year for Volpatti this year, hopefully somewhere in the range of 15-25 pts on the fourth line.

If he has:
-At least 5 goals or 15 points
-At worst a -5 +/- rating
-At least 150 hits
-At least 80 blocked shots
-more fighting majors than minor penalties

Than this will be a solid re-sign in my mind, and I think Volpatti is capable of all those things.
"All religion, my friend, is simply evolved out of fraud, fear, greed, imagination, and poetry."
-Edgar Allen Poe

#74 EternalCanuckFan

EternalCanuckFan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,036 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 06:28 PM

I am predicting a solid year for Volpatti this year, hopefully somewhere in the range of 15-25 pts on the fourth line.

If he has:
-At least 150 hits

Than this will be a solid re-sign in my mind, and I think Volpatti is capable of all those things.

10-15 points would mark a very solid offensive contribution from Volpatti IMHO. 15-25 would be amazing. He didn't produce much in the AHL and he hasn't produced much at the NHL level either. If he can score anywhere near 10-15 points and can bring consistent physical play, I'd say he will have done his job.

#75 Duodenum

Duodenum

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,506 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:13 AM

If he has:
-At least 150 hits

Mighty high expectations for Volpatti there. I'd consider it a miracle if he even got to 10 points. Most likely AHL fodder at this point.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#76 Ryanstorm

Ryanstorm

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 245 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:21 PM

I think it is a great signing, he will work hard as he has. He had earned the 4th line spot last year before his injury. 1 hit K.O. this guy doesn't have to score many goals, but we honestly need some physical presence cause young Kassian hasn't fit the bill just yet.

10n8i06.jpg

#77 LegionOfDoom

LegionOfDoom

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 415 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 12:41 PM

What a waste of money..

Canucks best fighter on the roster, has a huge heart, deffenatly a 4th line player ATM, unless we sign something or trade for something better or a prospect standout in pre season he will be playing oct 11th

#78 Pistachios

Pistachios

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,916 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 01:15 PM

If Big V can work on his skill game a little he would be an even more effective 4th line checker. He definitely has the physical play down.

G4fSut.gif

#79 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,065 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 07:45 PM

Love the Volpatti signing. Heart and soul type of player. Punishing checker. A player that can cause the opposition to look over their shoulder.

......a huge component missing in our game....it left with Torres and again when volps was injured....there was no fear of our team after that. Ever.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#80 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 05 July 2012 - 03:33 PM

Its not your money so who cares if its one way or not! Aquilinis can affford to bury contracts like that in the minors np. If he pans out and plays well, great, if not, he will be Chicago bound.

There were flashes of quality hockey from him, who knows, another off season of training and training camp and he may have a breakout/impactful season.

I like Volpatti and I thought he was fitting in well before his injury.

I too think he is better than we think. The trouble is he seems a bit afraid to try things, unlike Booth he passes ALL the time when sometimes I would just like to see him go to the net and shoot.

One of the the few times he came into the middle he scored.

Pushback.
He hits a player and the player pushes Volpatti.........Volpatti pushes back..........if the player pushes again Patti drops the gloves...........That is the form I would love to see from all our players. (well apart from the Twins)

Edited by Bodee, 05 July 2012 - 03:39 PM.

Kevin.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.