The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

One Year Ago Today

Molli

Haven't watched any highlights from the series and probably never will. I do remember thinking after that Rome hit on Horton that this was not what we wanted, and sure enough it went downhill from there. That hit changed the series and woke up the Bruins. For every dark night there is a bright day though (corny I know) and we still have a championship team thats rated 1st to win the cup again this year (vegas odds). One of these years..

This hurts so much to see again, to see the fans so exicted, so loud, so pumped up, just to have the worst let down ever. Hell, even Cherry said he thought we were going to win. It is just such a shame that the atmosphere in there was treated to what was in reality a pretty awful hockey game.

On the other hand, it always feels good to relive that run. For a lot of us, it was the best times throughout our tenure as Canucks fans. So many thought it was going to be ours at last, but it wasn't meant to be. It truly was the greatest three months of my life, I graduated on the same night as game 5, that was arguably the happiest day of my life so far.

I'm sure we're all still dealing with that heartbreak, but that is what makes us Canucks fans. That heartbreak will just make it all the more sweeter when it is our time.

I don't think I've looked at a picture of any of the Bruins' lifting the Cup for longer than 2 seconds. Any moment I see it, I have to immediately look the other way, it just stings..

Not going to lie, sometimes I still sit back and think of last year and all that could have been. It's hard not to dwell on it for me. I was over the loss of the 2012 play-offs pretty fast, but last year still gets to me sometimes. It's difficult not knowing when we'll get a chance to seal the deal like that again.

The riots.. :picard:

Archived