Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Lightning trade for G Lindback of Preds

Trade

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
86 replies to this topic

#1 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:19 PM

The Nashville Predators and Tampa Bay Lightning exchanged players and picks on Friday, one week before the 2012 NHL Draft takes place at CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh.
The Predators acquired two second-round draft picks (37th and 50th overall) in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, a 2013 third-round selection and goaltender Sebastien Caron in exchange for goaltender Anders Lindback, forward Kyle Wilson and a 2012 seventh-round selection (202nd overall).
The Predators now have nine selections in next week's NHL Entry Draft.
In addition to the Lightning's two picks, and three picks of its own, the Predators previously acquired Toronto's third-round pick (66th overall), the Coyotes' fourth-round pick (118th overall), the Stars' sixth-round pick (164th overall) and the Rangers' sixth-round pick (179th overall).
Lindback was a seventh-round choice of the Predators (207th overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.
Wilson, Minnesota's ninth-round selection (272nd overall) in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, was signed as a free agent prior to the 2011-12 season.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=398464

Posting from my iPhone So don't mind format/mistakes, lightning trade 2 second round picks, a third rounder and G Sebastian Caron to preds for Lindback and Wilson. Potential blow to our goalie situation

#2 InSoM-

InSoM-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,274 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:22 PM

https://twitter.com/...725604758044673

Posting from my iPhone So don't mind format/mistakes, lightning trade 2 second round picks, a third rounder and G Sebastian Caron to preds for Lindback and Wilson. Potential blow to our goalie situation

This makes Luongo to Toronto a little more plausible.

I know alot of people wouldnt like that; but if we can get the right D-men coming back, we'll be LAUGHING; Personally I would target Cody Franson - as he was very good buddies with Shea Weber; could be an influential part of him moving here at some point.(Along with former D partner Dan Hamhuis) If Gillis plays things right; We're going to be right back in the cup picture.

Edited by InSoM-, 15 June 2012 - 01:24 PM.

Posted Image
X-360 Gamertag: InSoMnIaK604

NHL 12 Sim League Boston Bruins GM
VHL Montreal Canadiens GM

#3 Edlerberry

Edlerberry

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,245 posts

AND WILSON.

Potentially even a bigger part of this than Lindback.

With Thompson locking up 3rd line, and Stamkos on 1st, it looks like Lecavalier could actually be on the way out...

Or Wilson is about to be flipped again.

Still Lindback is a legit goalie for a 1a/1b combo.
July 7-2013

Toronto will take a step back next year.
Feel free to quote me.

July 8-2013

Wow I can't believe peoples replies...
Im done here. You people are disgusting..

#4 RonnieColeman

RonnieColeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 158 posts

And a blow to all CDC trade proposals lol

PS - long time reader, first time poster! Glad to be here

#5 canucklax

canucklax

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,968 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:24 PM

AND WILSON.

Potentially even a bigger part of this than Lindback.

With Thompson locking up 3rd line, and Stamkos on 1st, it looks like Lecavalier could actually be on the way out...

Or Wilson is about to be flipped again.

Still Lindback is a legit goalie for a 1a/1b combo.

You're thinking of colin wilson, kyle wilson is a plug

Bring Back the Totems!

#6 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,742 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:25 PM

Wow, looks like Yzerman is going for the Cup now.

Good acquisitions.

#7 Guest_BuckFoston_*

Guest_BuckFoston_*
  • Guests

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:27 PM

This makes Luongo to Toronto a little more plausible.

Also making Luongo to Tampa Bay a little less plausible. And by a little less, I mean it was never going to happen. But I love how everyone is talking about Toronto these days when a month a go it was a sure fire done deal signed and sealed that Lu was going to Tampa Bay. And when their GM said they weren't interested in someone like Lu everyone said he was being diplomatic trying to get a good deal. Hahaha. People on here....

#8 cdubuya

cdubuya

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,401 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:28 PM

knew that lindback was a much cheaper solution than luongo or schneider. Don't forget about guys like Harding and Joey Macdonald. The only teams I could see wanting Luongo are Columbus, Edm, Toronto or maybe NJ.
Posted Image

#9 CRAZY_4_NAZZY

CRAZY_4_NAZZY

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,453 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:29 PM

Nashville gets raped if they truly gave up Lindback and Wilson....

this years draft is a real crap shot...terrible year to get ampas picks this year....

2moy3iq.png

#10 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:32 PM

Nashville gets raped if they truly gave up Lindback and Wilson....

this years draft is a real crap shot...terrible year to get ampas picks this year....

It's KYLE Wilson, not Colin.

The preds got some good value, Lindback is a career backup.

#11 Rey

Rey

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,688 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:35 PM

Good deal for both teams. People who think Nashville got raped, are thinking of the wrong Wilson.

#12 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:36 PM

David Pagnotta@TheFourthPeriod
The Bolts have found their goalie, acquiring Anders Lindback from Nashville. He'll be their No.1 next season, by all accounts.

NAS deal Lindback, F Kyle Wilson & a '12 7th RD pick to TB for 2 '12 2nd RD picks (37th/50th overall), a '13 3rd RD pick & G Sebastien Caron

Tampa Bay was one of several teams to have inquired about Lindback.

Edited by Sweatt_GLaNDs, 15 June 2012 - 01:45 PM.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#13 SheaWeber6

SheaWeber6

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 696 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:37 PM

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=398464

The Nashville Predators and Tampa Bay Lightning exchanged players and picks on Friday, one week before the 2012 NHL Draft takes place at CONSOL Energy Center in Pittsburgh.

The Predators acquired two second-round draft picks (37th and 50th overall) in the 2012 NHL Entry Draft, a 2013 third-round selection and goaltender Sebastien Caron in exchange for goaltender Anders Lindback, forward Kyle Wilson and a 2012 seventh-round selection (202nd overall).

The Predators now have nine selections in next week's NHL Entry Draft.

In addition to the Lightning's two picks, and three picks of its own, the Predators previously acquired Toronto's third-round pick (66th overall), the Coyotes' fourth-round pick (118th overall), the Stars' sixth-round pick (164th overall) and the Rangers' sixth-round pick (179th overall).

Lindback was a seventh-round choice of the Predators (207th overall) in the 2008 NHL Entry Draft.

Wilson, Minnesota's ninth-round selection (272nd overall) in the 2004 NHL Entry Draft, was signed as a free agent prior to the 2011-12 season.

#14 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,773 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:42 PM

Steve Yzerman's an idiot.

* I was a bit too over the top with this comment...^

Way too much for Lindback.

Edited by A1 CANUCK, 15 June 2012 - 02:00 PM.

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#15 Lonny_Bohonos_14

Lonny_Bohonos_14

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:44 PM

Kevin Gibson@TSNResearch

Lindback turned 24 in May. He has 10 career starts in Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr combined. He's a first half of the season kind of goalie

Interesting..

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#16 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:45 PM

Didn't see this one coming at all. Tampa wins this deal.

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#17 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,080 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

No, and no.

That is all.

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#18 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:46 PM

Preds GM says "You pay this, or you pay double (or more) for Schneider, Your choice."

zuhwS.gif

#19 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,593 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

https://twitter.com/hockeybreak/status/213725604758044673

We knew Yzerman didn't want Luongo for weeks, he said so himself. People here just chose to ignore it.

#20 Down by the River

Down by the River

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,080 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:48 PM

Kevin Gibson@TSNResearch
Lindback turned 24 in May. He has 10 career starts in Jan/Feb/Mar/Apr combined. He's a first half of the season kind of goalie

Interesting..

I think this is a stupid comment (Gibson's not yours).

What makes Linback a first half of the season 'kind' of goalie? The only reason he had more starts in the first half of the season was because Rinne was injured and then in the second half of the season the Preds were chasing a division title in the toughest division in the West (in my opinion anyway).

It is not as if Lindback has never performed well in the second half, he just never had the opportunity. Not really fair to say he is a first-half kind of goalie the way that Roberto is an 'anything but October' kind of goalie (at least there are some stats behind this one).

OMG we could've had McKeown!

I think Virtanen was a terrible pick given that he's out for 6 months which will hinder his development. You don't pick someone at #6 under that circumstance, along with the fact that he was given a 3/5 IQ (aka he's dumb). 

God dammit Benning. WHY VIRTANEN? Terrible move.

Down by the River - Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young.

#21 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

Good, one less goalie on the market. From the sounds of it, Yzerman had no intention of trading for Luongo or Schneider anyways.

All this does is drive up the value for Luongo or Schneider for teams that are still desperate for a goaltender.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#22 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:49 PM

Preds GM says "You pay this, or you pay double (or more) for Schneider, Your choice."

Yzerman says "Bernier, Harding, Gustavsson, etc. are more proven than lindback and cost less than Schneider, take it or leave it".

Edited by THE_LAW 10, 15 June 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#23 Jester@wraiths.ca

Jester@wraiths.ca

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,226 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:50 PM

It's KYLE Wilson, not Colin.

The preds got some good value, Lindback is a career backup.

Did you major in "stupid" at university?

Lindback is just 24 and has only been in North America for 2 seasons. He's looked quite solid in his NHL play so far. He's got great potential to be a starter.

#24 Niloc009

Niloc009

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,787 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

Yzerman says "Bernier, Harding, Gustavsson, etc. on the Market cost less than Schneider, take it or leave it".

LA is likely keeping Bernier until Quick signs long term
Harding is the only decent goaltender in FA (and about equal to Lindback)
Gustavsson is crap

zuhwS.gif

#25 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 17,188 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:51 PM

Yzerman says "Bernier, Harding, Gustavsson, etc. on the Market cost less than Schneider, take it or leave it".

Bernier & Lindbäck for Tampa's tandem next season?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#26 BoKnows53

BoKnows53

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 642 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:52 PM

Did you major in "stupid" at university?

Lindback is just 24 and has only been in North America for 2 seasons. He's looked quite solid in his NHL play so far. He's got great potential to be a starter.

Looks like the only A's you got in school were in special ed. Look to Gustavsson for hope.

Edited by THE_LAW 10, 15 June 2012 - 01:53 PM.

#27 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,657 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:54 PM

Schneider and Luongo are still the best goalies available by far.

If teams wanna cheap out and gamble on unproven players, that's their choice. You gotta believe that at least one team will pay big for a more proven goaltender.

Eddie Lack is probably as good as Lindback, and Lindback had Suter and Weber and a trap system in front of him, yet still had below average numbers.

Edited by DeNiro, 15 June 2012 - 01:58 PM.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#28 aliboy

aliboy

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,883 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

I like this move for Tampa.

#29 The Kassassin Train

The Kassassin Train

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,111 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:55 PM

samjam99 has credibility...7 days and counting....

*24 countdown sound*

The key difference is that Sopel can fill in for Seabrook and Campbell just fine. Bieksa, he is garbage so in that sense he is like the worst defenseman in the league.

When Cody (Hodgson) gets older, he might be better than Datsyuk.

Let's not push this guy (Kassian). He's still immature, and if he fails on the 2nd line it's because he isn't ready. Some guys really need years to develop, it's how well and how fast players adapt to the game. In my opinion, I'd rather have Horvat getting 2nd line minutes. He will start off on the 3rd line next season but I see him making the transition, being a great compliment to whoever plays his wings.

At this point, I don't see Kassian fitting in to any role other than a 3rd. If players like Kassian start getting 2nd line minutes then we just stay inconsistent as a team.

The idiocy on CDC....

#30 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,301 posts

Posted 15 June 2012 - 01:57 PM

Lindback has adult-onset Still's disease. That may equate him to being kept in backup role indefinitely.

You can keep imflammation down with drugs, but that unfortunate diagnosis is what caused him to drop so far in his draft year, regardless of his excellence, in the first place.

Not many goalies are 100% bulletproof. Luongo has groin issues now. Schneider suffers through cramps. Thomas is insane. etc.

TOML
Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.