The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Lightning trade for G Lindback of Preds

Schneider and Luongo are still the best goalies available by far.

If teams wanna cheap out and gamble on unproven players, that's their choice. You gotta believe that at least one team will pay big for a more proven goaltender.

Eddie Lack is probably as good as Lindback, and Lindback had Suter and Weber and a trap system in front of him, yet still had below average numbers.

AND WILSON.

Potentially even a bigger part of this than Lindback.

With Thompson locking up 3rd line, and Stamkos on 1st, it looks like Lecavalier could actually be on the way out...

Or Wilson is about to be flipped again.

Still Lindback is a legit goalie for a 1a/1b combo.

Schneider had 2 wins in his first 10 NHL games and a FAR worse goals against average. You're comparing Lindbak's play to Schneider NOW, not Schneider of several years ago when he clearly was not developed as he is now.

Again, Schneider NOW has shown that he can win games for his team, he hadn't shown that a few years back.

Personally I think Yzerman thinks Lindbak can be a #1 but won't be pushed into that role this year. I expect Lindbak to get a split of games, probably close to a 50/50 with another tender there as they let him develop into a #1, not rush him into it. Hasek could very well be the other goalie as it would be a perfect situation, to keep both goalies number of games reasonable.

I meant Schneider's ability at the pro level which includes his time with the Moose. Even if it was a lower level, you could see his ability to take over games even when his team was playing like absolute crap in front of him.

I just haven't seen the same thing with Lindback at either the AHL or NHL level. I just think there's a good chance he could be exposed with a much weaker D-core in Tampa.

You have to also look at the fact that the year before he had a great winning record of 11-5-2 and though his wins took a hit this year, he lowered his GAA. In his 38 NHL games he's got around a 2.50GAA, sv% of .913, and is 16-13-2. Schneider's first 35 games produced a better winning percentage, but he played on a better team...

I think Lindbak has very good potential, and we'll certainly see if he's capable in TB with a weaker defense.

Wow, TBH Tampa Bay will regret this down the road.

Lindback is so overrated, plays in a pure defensive system in Nashville with 2 of the top 5 defensive D-men in the league logging big minutes infront of him.

I for one am absolutely estatic a career backup was able to draw two second-round draft picks (37th and 50th overall) + a 3rd rounder. Bodes well for us, shows that the goalie market is quite strong for sellers.

That's a really dumb argument to use. I watched all of Schneiders starts and in his rookie season he was thrown to the wolves on 2nd of back to back's. He wasn't given any easy starts, in most games he stole the win for us.

Against Edmonton at the end of the season 2010-2011 with the P.Trophy locked up. We just threw Schneider in the net, basically playing by himself.

Archived