- Volpatti is back to 100% physical strength, Gillis believes that he can bring leadership, grit, and hard working 4th line play to the game. Thinks he will get better as a player.
- Have not gone through arbitration with Raymond. Hoping to reduce up to 15% of his qualifying offer's required amount. Says that it's to save money under the cap.
- Gillis believes that Raymond can return to his 25+ goal form. Says the team will push him to give his best. Mentions multiple times that they want him on the team, basically confirming his return.
- Asked if the club has ever thought about letting Raymond go to another team. Gillis says that it isn't "really the way it works".
- Gillis believes that thin crop of free agents has no effect on his value as Raymond will stay a Canuck.
- Gillis has not talked to Luongo lately, and will not say anything about his situation.
- Lots of interest and inquiries about Luongo.
- Tampa's trade does not thin the pool of Luongo suitors.
- Thinks the Kings caught fire at the right time, says there is no pattern in the modern NHL to dominate the league year after year. Believes that the Canucks can break through to win a Stanley Cup soon providing the bounces start going their way, etc.
- Does not believe that the Canucks really have a window. Believes Daniel being out was a major part why LA beat Vancouver.
- Disappointment goes through Mike's mind about June 15th, 2011. Riots a "difficult time", but claims everyone has learned from it, including the team.
- Believes that the trade front at the NHL draft will be slower than usual - doesn't think there will be any significant trades until after initial free agent period.
- "Some uncertainty about the future", going to be interesting 4 to 5 months
- Doesn't know what to expect lockout-wise, going to do whatever the team needs to in order to improve the Canucks
- Wants to get things done now, not planning for the future so much.
Edited by Tony Kornheiser, 15 June 2012 - 03:02 PM.