The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Should Keep Luongo and Trade Schneider - Article

Velleman

Mansbridge (anchor guy from the national news) said today he would want luongo over Nash for the leafs (he is a fan).* said that they need to make the finals and Lu would get them there

Relevance of that? Unsure, but interesting none the less.

I would hope they move Luongo even if they get nothing much back except 5.3 million in cap relief over the next ten years. You can get a lot done with that kind of cap space.

Saddling Brian Burke and the Hogtown Buds with that awful contract would be just the ticket.

Holy sh** , all you Luongo lovers please shuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup! PLEASE!. I get it you love Luongo because he was supposed to be seen as one of the greatest goalies of all time and he is usually a great regular season goal tender. HE IS NOT THE SAME GOALIE THAT HE WAS BEFORE! end of f**** story. Game 3,4,6,7 vs Boston say hi. Consecutive blow outs are you kidding me?

Then all you Luo lovers will bring in the "it was our teams fault, we couldnt score bla bla bla our defense wasnt good"

just shut up you all sound stupid, watch those games in 09/10 vs Chicago where Luongo did the same damn thing embarrasing our team with the easiest goals let in blowing us out of the Mad house in consecutive games. Sure hes good vs teams whos arenas arent loud. Put us up against an original 6 team in an important play off game and ur precious Luongo will crumble like a damn cookie.

I was a big fan of Luongo up untill the cup finals. Even after he embarrased us in the first round vs chicago with all those blowouts I still had faith in the guy, thinking we got past them damn black hawks Luo is invincable now, Oh wait I was dead wrong. Welcome to TD Gardens Luo. Them loud ass americans just give you such a hard time eh?

Schneider is the way to go. I dont care if he hasnt played as many games. He has shown us what he is capable of and how mature and athletic he is. I cannot stand seeing Luo embarras not only himself but the whole Canucks team in those blow out games. Original 6 buildings r tough to play in especially if those teams are vs Vancouver in the playoffs. Boston and Chicago we've seen what happens, imagine playing NY in the finals this year. Luo would choke i can gaurentee you that.

Quick just won a cup C.S is comparable to him in style and skill and age..........

but Lu freaking rocks......

Keep them both ... cory for oct-nov and june and lu for everything else = CUP!!!.................................Ish..

i have no idea but i love Lu and cory. as #1

Probably my biggest concern with the idea of keeping Lu and trading CS is that fact that Luongo was really starting to show his age this year. His groin seems to keep getting the better of him, and he missed more games because of it. CS was needed to bail this team out for parts of the season. If we keep Luongo next year, I have this bad feeling he'll miss a lot of games with injuries, and not play 100% when he does play.

Maybe Gillis and AV decided to put Schneider in goal during the playoffs when it looked like we were done for and had nothing to lose, hoping Schneids would win a few and boost his trade value. Everyone knows that the playoffs this year cannot be put on Luo's shoulders.

He admitted to playing Hodgson in key situations to boost his trade value.

Probably not but it's something to consider.

I dont think Luongo is very interested in remaining a canuck.

gillis stated that he wanted to give everyone a chance to cool down, and look at the situation with reason.... luongo has, and put his place in vancouver up for sale... actoins speak louder than words.

game 2 against LA was his last as apart of the vancouver canucks

Get the Tried and Tested Elite Balanced Defenseman first and foremost - he will always provide value for his cap space/traded away assets. A superstar forward sometimes just fails (unless he's a generational talent or a playoff performer - and that's hard to verify beforehand).

gillis stated that he wanted to give everyone a chance to cool down, and look at the situation with reason.... luongo has, and put his place in vancouver up for sale... actoins speak louder than words.

At this point trading Cory makes most sense, but if your looking at the future then trading Luongo makes more sense. The only problem here is the fans and media because we want a cup NOW and not later.

That is why trading Schneider would make more sense because we would get a whole lot more in return. Trade Luongo would still get you a solid return but by trading Cory you get a little bit better return.

For Luongo I would expect Top 4 D, Bottom 6 Forward, prospect, 1st Round Pick (23-30).

For Schneider I would expect Top 6 Forward, Bottom 2 D (Bryan Allen type), Prospect, 1st Round Pick (Top 15), 3rd Round Pick.

If we want a cup within the next 3-4 years, then trading Schneider would give us the best chance at that.

I would hope they move Luongo even if they get nothing much back except 5.3 million in cap relief over the next ten years. You can get a lot done with that kind of cap spa'sce.

Saddling Brian Burke and the Hogtown Buds with that awful contract would be just the ticket.

Archived