The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Canucks Should Keep Luongo and Trade Schneider - Article

Velleman

What find hilarious is when an author writes an article criticizing Lou, warranted or no, the author is called "an idiot" or a "hack", etc,

When an author can find something positive to say about him, as easy as that is to do, somehow this author has a much more keen hockey sense, and possesses powerful insights.

I cannot WAIT until a solution to this goaltender situation is found. Not that I am naive enough to think that the Luongo vs Schneider threads will stop popping up. I just want an excuse to stop caring about it for a few weeks, which will in turn keep me from coming here and ultimately discovering a new thread about why Loungo is so much better than Schneider, or how he cannot be blamed for the SCF loss, or how Schneider should be traded because he will yield a better return, or how Luongo is franchise while Schneider is untested. It's like two brick walls screaming at each other.

Seriously. Just get rid of one of them and get on with it. Gillis . . . you reading this?

You are out of your mind if you think Luongo will be a Canuck next year..If you believe that or want that, you are a masochist. Luongo is a loser (not in life but in the general sense of a highly paid NHL goaltender). He does not get any more chances to "improve" or show what he can do. That ship has sailed and this organization needs to move on. We have a pitbull waiting in the wings and he is chomping at the bit to get done what his predecessor could not. And Toronto will not be a landing spot for him either as it's obvious that high pressure markets are not for him. Schneider has the personality, temperament and confidence (not the flaky arrogance that Luongo has) that is essential in this manic hockey market. The energy around Luongo is heavy and toxic and will be cleaned sooner or later. The contract was frigging ridiculous from the beginning and teams should be wary of a player whose hype never lived up to the reality. LET HIM GO.

other teams can offer him offersheets if he isn't signed by July 1st, you complete idiot. So if they are set on keeping Schneider why not get him signed before that happens, they will want to lock him up before dealing Luongo anyways

You are out of your mind if you think Luongo will be a Canuck next year..If you believe that or want that, you are a masochist. Luongo is a loser (not in life but in the general sense of a highly paid NHL goaltender). He does not get any more chances to "improve" or show what he can do. That ship has sailed and this organization needs to move on. We have a pitbull waiting in the wings and he is chomping at the bit to get done what his predecessor could not. And Toronto will not be a landing spot for him either as it's obvious that high pressure markets are not for him. Schneider has the personality, temperament and confidence (not the flaky arrogance that Luongo has) that is essential in this manic hockey market. The energy around Luongo is heavy and toxic and will be cleaned sooner or later. The contract was frigging ridiculous from the beginning and teams should be wary of a player whose hype never lived up to the reality. LET HIM GO.

It may be 'riskier' as you call it but there is no saying that Schnieder could do just that. The amount of poise he played with against the Kings was remarkable, he was outstanding. Luongo managed to get us to the Finals once (after nearly blowing the 1st round against the Hawks), couldnt find one more game in himself to give us a chance in the Finals, he couldnt keep us close in game 2 against the Kings, and we know about his previous seasons failings.

So Luongo might get us 30 wins and maybe another Presidents Trophy, but what does that get us?

What find hilarious is when an author writes an article criticizing Lou, warranted or no, the author is called "an idiot" or a "hack", etc,

When an author can find something positive to say about him, as easy as that is to do, somehow this author has a much more keen hockey sense, and possesses powerful insights.

I cannot WAIT until a solution to this goaltender situation is found. Not that I am naive enough to think that the Luongo vs Schneider threads will stop popping up. I just want an excuse to stop caring about it for a few weeks, which will in turn keep me from coming here and ultimately discovering a new thread about why Loungo is so much better than Schneider, or how he cannot be blamed for the SCF loss, or how Schneider should be traded because he will yield a better return, or how Luongo is franchise while Schneider is untested. It's like two brick walls screaming at each other.

Seriously. Just get rid of one of them and get on with it. Gillis . . . you reading this?

If Toronto is the destination for Lou, I think Lupul is a fair return as the centerpiece as a return. It gives Kesler an effective set up man and Jensen two great mentors on the second line. Yes, I do think Jensen gets his shot next year. His skillset needs to be used in a top six role. Lupul can also play both wings which is great for covering injuries throughout the season. Higgins on the third line has the same ability which provides incredible flexibility in the line up. It would also open up Booth for another deal to upgrade our defense.

Which in the end of the day probably wont be horrendous. No team is going to offer 5-6 million for any length of time in which the Canucks match. If a team offers 7 million for a short term they are idiots because they would have to give up like 4 1st round picks and have a UFU goalie on their hands in a year or 2.

My mind has been changed on Lu only by "his" secret twitter account. Then it means hes not a emotional wreck. As of who I would love to get in a trade involving Cory would be to Comulbus for Nash or Oilers for the first overall pick. I see both these teams being interested in cory and maybe even Ballard as they both require improvement in those positions, while edmonton doesnt need the first overall.

Why would Roberto want to stay in a city with classless fans who have short term memory and disrespect him? + a coach that has more faith in an unproven goalie over him??

I sure hope Gillis isn't as dumb as we think and keeps Roberto.

If we can get Johansen you move Schneider and consider drafting Subban, Luongo still has a lot of great years ahead of him and there's still Lack and Cannata. This team needs a big power forward centre who has the talent to be our future #1 centre. I'm also in favour to move Kesler+ for Kane if the Jets do feel the need to move him, we need to get younger but also not hurt our chances at winning now and for many years from now. I'd crap my pants if Gillis pulled this off

Sedin Sedin Booth

Kane Johansen Burrows

Higgins OPEN Hansen

OPEN Lappy Kassian

Tm seems afraid of the ghost of offer sheets which in reality are incredibly rare. Maybe he can let us know what Schneider will be offered.

But to make it clear, Schneider nor the Canucks have ANY reason to sign yet. For Cory, it would limit his options. For the Canucks, it would make it more clear that Luongo had to be moved.

Archived