The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Where would you like to see Raymond after arbitration?

The Magician

Would you like to see Raymond play on the 4th line?  

125 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 million for a guy who is very likely to hit 15-20 goals and 40 points is a steal.

Malhotra's making more than that and scored 7 goals last season. And don't say Manny brings better defence than Raymond - he was one of our worst minus players all season on a team that dominated the +/- once again.

Raymond will fit perfectly on our 3rd line if we can find a big, physical centerman to play there (ala Gaustad/Stoll), heck even Malhotra could fill that roll or Pahlsson if he comes back.

Raymond - Gaustad - Hansen (good mix of youth, experience, speed, size, hitting and skill)

Or he'll play on our 4th line and give them some speed and skill -

Raymond - Lapierre - Volpatti (all fast guys, good forecheckers and Raymond can pounce on the opportunities made by the 2 hitters).

Of course this means guys like Bitz and Kassian are going to have a tough time cracking the lineup. Hopefully for the playoffs we see guys like Raymond out and Bitz/Kassian in, but Raymond is perfect for the regular season to get us there.

My theory (or maybe my hope) is that MG knows (and has stated) his belief that the pre-draft/pre-July 1st trade market is incredibly weak. If Raymond walks we get nothing in return for him, if MG re-signs him now he can trade him later after free agency kicks in and teams can better evaluate their needs.

The problem with the current cap system is that because top players are being signed to long-term deals, the free-agency market is quickly disappearing and often a sourse of over-paying for what few impact free agents that are available (i.e.: Rangers with Brad Richards, Flyers with Bryzgalov, ect). For teams close to the cap this often has a crippling effect. To sign Bryzgalov, the Flyers had to trade Mike Richards and Jeff Carter, two of their leading point producers and two of the key players that got them to the Cup finals in 2010. The result was that the Flyers drastically over-payed for Bryzgolov and have him signed to yet another long-term deal after a season of huge disappointment and a borderline awful post-season performance, while Richards and Carter won the cup with LA.

I'm really hoping the new CBA moves UFA eligibility back up to the 30+ age range.

What i understand is that if Raymond does resign it can't be lower than 2.1 million. Also if the Canucks resign him as a RFA, they cannot trade him for the next year. Looks like if the canucks resign him, he will be playing somewhere on the Canucks team. He is another one of those players that are too small to play on the bottom six and is there room for him to play of the top six?

How many times do we have to say that Raymond's injury is not an excuse. His production dipped before coming off an injury.

Let's look at Max Pacioretty. He came off of a similar injury. Comes in plays 79 games. Gets 33 goals and 32 assist.

Raymond? Comes back plays 55 games 10 goals 10 assists. On pace for 15 and 15 over 82 games.

Is injury cannot be an excuse.

How many times do we have to say that Raymond's injury is not an excuse. His production dipped before coming off an injury.

Let's look at Max Pacioretty. He came off of a similar injury. Comes in plays 79 games. Gets 33 goals and 32 assist.

Raymond? Comes back plays 55 games 10 goals 10 assists. On pace for 15 and 15 over 82 games.

Is injury cannot be an excuse.

I dont see why people have to trash MR. He is a good guy/teamate and has talent. However I dont like what he bring in light of the fact that i want to see us have more size/toughness up front. Even if he is going to return to the 25 goal scorer i still would like to see him traded for an asset even if it is a small one. He has no chemistry on the second line and hes not a third or fourth line player. I will be pretty dissapointed if hes back. If he goes i wish him well. I still think the best place for him is in Calgary. Ever noticed how much better he plays against them (his home town)

Raymond, Malhotra and Ballard 9m dollars of useless capspace. I dont want to see any of them back. In a perfect scnerio, all 3 of them are packaged with Luongo on draft day. lol

Then let Pahlsson walk, Salo might retire and we open up almost 14m of cap space to go hard after Suter,Schultz or Parise :D

Archived