Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

Where would you like to see Raymond after arbitration?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
95 replies to this topic

Poll: Would you like to see Raymond play on the 4th line? (125 member(s) have cast votes)

Would you like to see Raymond play on the 4th line?

1. Yes (13 votes [10.40%])

Percentage of vote: 10.40%

2. No (55 votes [44.00%])

Percentage of vote: 44.00%

3. Let Raymond sign his contract then have Gillis rip it up in front of his face (57 votes [45.60%])

Percentage of vote: 45.60%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#91 Ellis/Fan

Ellis/Fan

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 10:51 PM

Winnipeg

#92 Vancanwincup

Vancanwincup

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 541 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 01:03 AM

A lot of bad Karma going around in this thread. A lot of ignorant remarks also.

Edited by Vancanwincup, 17 June 2012 - 01:04 AM.

#93 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:34 AM

Funny part is your the one posting at 3:00 am in the morning. "Get a hobby!"

Even funnier is you must be the only person on here that doesn't know I post from Scotland..................have you heard of time difference?........................ I have plenty of hobbies so why not take your own advice and stop embarrassing yourself.
Kevin.jpg

#94 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

I also dont train every day of my life and play in the NHL.

Maybe you should, then you could have a bunch of as soles on here who haven't a clue constantly rip the pish out of you. Talk about walking a mile in another man's shoes.
Kevin.jpg

#95 Canuck Surfer

Canuck Surfer

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,841 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:44 AM

Downunda > perhaps all factually correct points, but not the best analysis I've seen from you?

Look into why those stats occurred...

But if Gaustad showed up in town, that would not be a bad line! What do you do with Higgins???

2 million for a guy who is very likely to hit 15-20 goals and 40 points is a steal. Malhotra's making more than that and scored 7 goals last season. And don't say Manny brings better defence than Raymond - he was one of our worst minus players all season on a team that dominated the +/- once again. Raymond will fit perfectly on our 3rd line if we can find a big, physical centerman to play there (ala Gaustad/Stoll), heck even Malhotra could fill that roll or Pahlsson if he comes back. Raymond - Gaustad - Hansen (good mix of youth, experience, speed, size, hitting and skill) Or he'll play on our 4th line and give them some speed and skill - Raymond - Lapierre - Volpatti (all fast guys, good forecheckers and Raymond can pounce on the opportunities made by the 2 hitters). Of course this means guys like Bitz and Kassian are going to have a tough time cracking the lineup. Hopefully for the playoffs we see guys like Raymond out and Bitz/Kassian in, but Raymond is perfect for the regular season to get us there.

I would not put it as bitterly as you, but you are spot on! Booth was brought in to be the 2knd line LW, Raymonds old spot. Booth add's bull athleticism! Raymond really has to steal that spot back, which is a bit hard to envision? But somewhere I also would not be surprised to see Raymond back at 20 goals, 50 points and using his speed to wreak havoc.

The 3rd option. I'm sorry, but he does not fit on this team. He was supposed to be a 2nd line player but after acquiring Booth it was over for him in Vancouver. He needs a fresh start somewhere else. I'm sure at least one team can use him right now.

#96 sting

sting

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 942 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:42 AM

Bottom 6 next year

Lapierre Raymond Kassian
Malhotra Moen Hansen

What is with the HATE!! Raymond is an exciting player with great defensive acumen. He has been wrongly cast as a top 6 mostly because he is one of few that has had chemistry with Kesler. His salary is the result of a 25 goal season. Has anyone noticed what 20 goal scores get on the open market these days??

The Kings, Red Wings etc.. See the value of players like Helm, Eaves, Richardson can have in your bottom 6. Raymond could go a long way to helping us having a fourth line that can play more than 5 minutes a game.

And to the all the tools hating on our players........YOU SUCK!!! Move to Toronto take your Bad Karma your Riot starter kits and never
come back. Your self serving belief that our team either wins the cup or sucks has grown tiresome.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.