• Announcements

• StealthNuck

Forum-specific Rules   07/11/2017

These are board specific rules for the Trades and Rumors forum designed to provide organization and a better experience for everyone. Please review these rules before posting new threads. 
        THREAD ETIQUETTE   1. Please search for an existing thread before posting. This forum can be very fast moving, so it's understandable if redundant threads are inadvertently posted. In such a case, please use the report feature to request removal of redundant threads.    2. Provide a clearly identifiable topic title so that users can readily understand the content. The title should include any and all teams involved, as well as player names or other personnel involved as appropriate.   3. All trades, signings, rumors and other news MUST include a linkable source. Simply posting the name of the source is not enough. Effort should also be made to copy and paste the full article, or at the very least the relevant portion of text from the source to the first post of the thread. Moderators may remove low-quality threads in favour of high-quality threads. 

Affixed to the front of your title should be a label that identifies the type of transaction that is taking place. For all trades use [TRADE]. For all signings use [SIGNING]. For all waiver-wire transactions use [WAIVERS]. For all rumours use [RUMOUR].
      For articles or news items that don't fit into the above categories, affix an appropriate label of your choice such as [NEWS], [ARTICLE] or [MISC].   4. When the status of a thread changes a new thread can be created. The new thread should reflect the change and help focus the discussion on current events. e.g. Someone may create a new thread when a rumor becomes a trades. The old thread will be locked by the moderating team.    5. Do not misrepresent the contents of your thread or post false trades or rumors. Trolling will result in a permanent suspension. 

SOURCES   The following source types are considered INVALID. Any links to posts or threads on other message boards Any links to personal blogs Any news heard on the radio that does not have a link to an audio vault or podcast Any news seen on television that does not have a link to online video Any news spread by word of mouth
      Additionally, certain sources may be be blacklisted due to poor credentials, clear traffic-mongering etc. Blacklisted sources will be posted here. 
      Thank you for your co-operation and please PM the Administrator or Moderators if you have any questions, concerns or suggestions regarding this forum.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

CanuckRow

[Rumour] Evander Kane will not negotiate contract with Winnipeg

379 posts in this topic

I'm surprised everyone is slotting him into the 2nd line if we were to get him. He's young, fast, hits, and plays with power. That sounds like the perfect linemate for the Sedins.

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

#KANE update: from source CLOSE to Evander's family. His dream is to play for the #CANUCKS. He hopes to go to Vancouver.

Expand

As of right now, I am unaware if #Canucks are interested in Kane or not. But that is his destination of choice. #Vancouver

Expand

#DREAMTEAM on top of things again #CONFIRMATION from source close to Evander Kane he asked to be TRADED out of Winnipeg.#NHLJets #WOW

Collapse

Also #CONFIRMED 100% if it were up to Kane, he'd join the#CANUCKS. However, Eastern team has HUGE interest in #NHLJetsdisgruntled forward.

Collapse

I have many sources close to Evander Kane himself or the #NHLJetsso expect constant updates on all developments regarding this story.

Expand

It's not, but it's a reasonable proposal at the least and certainly more worthy of discussion than the pissing matches consuming some of the threads at the moment.

Gillis would be crazy not to be interested. Even if HI isn't legit, I'd still love to hear updates that Van is making the Jets a proposal, still a chance that HI 's sources are credible.

Mr Soprano just doesn't get that a source not legit enough to make a thread about is a source not worth posting about either. I suspect he's just very bored at work.

once again, the "legit" source list is only for STARTING A NEW THREAD. This thread already exists. You can choose to believe it, or not, or just choose to discuss what HI tweeted. This IS a discussion forum, is it not?

Ossi rockin' the house!

The devil in me would love to see Luongo sulking in freezing, blowing, blackfly-infested Winterpeg.

("B-b-b-b-but I meant I would waive my NMC to go to Florida...")

I guess I have more bad feelings about Luongo than I knew.

He let the team down when we needed him to be the "best goalie in the world".

If his wife didn't want to move to Vancouver, whatever will she think about Winnipeg?

I guess there is no way this gets done, but Luongo and Raymond for Kane, yes please Mike Gillis.

(And no to Schneider, or Edler for sure.)

kane would be lethal here ..but i dont see it happening ..atleast not yet

He would be sick with Kesler and Booth. Highly doubt it will happen, but a guy could wish.

Kane for Schneider straight up. If either side is unwilling to do it how about some three way action?

To VAN:

Kane

Matthias

To FLA:

Luongo

To WPG:

Bjugstad

Jensen

Connauton

1st Round Pick (VAN)

Obviously Winnipeg does not want to give up a player like Kane, but a package full of good young pieces would be a great return.

That's wayyy too much for Kane! I don't want him that much.

Pcuzz :canucks:

Kane for Schneider straight up. If either side is unwilling to do it how about some three way action?

To VAN:

Kane

Matthias

To FLA:

Luongo

To WPG:

Bjugstad

Jensen

Connauton

1st Round Pick (VAN)

Obviously Winnipeg does not want to give up a player like Kane, but a package full of good young pieces would be a great return.

First off of course Winnipeg would deny it so don't trust Dreger completely as he is hearing it from the GM.

For the people post from Winnipeg you DO need a goalie. Pavelec just won't cut it buddy. He is barely a top 25 goalie in the NHL. Are two goalies are far better than him. Kane is one player I'd actually trade Schneider for.

You guys are obviously basing your opinion on stats and not on games watched. Pavelec was a beast all year and incredibly consistent until the last ~10 games. He carried the team to very respectable numbers while the team dropped him to just terrible numbers. Luongo/Schneider would not have better numbers in front of this defense.

Anybody who watched the Jets consistently would tell you that we're set in goal. It's the only position we're set in.