The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Evander Kane will not negotiate contract with Winnipeg

Kane is by all accounts actually quite humble. This whole thing in Winnipeg got blown out of proportion because, well, it's Winnipeg.

He doesn't want to stay in Winnipeg. He was fine with Atlanta, but moving to Winterpeg wasn't on his radar.

There is a strong possibility that he will be wearing a Canucks jersey in the future. Just sayin.

Kane is by all accounts actually quite humble. This whole thing in Winnipeg got blown out of proportion because, well, it's Winnipeg.

He doesn't want to stay in Winnipeg. He was fine with Atlanta, but moving to Winterpeg wasn't on his radar.

There is a strong possibility that he will be wearing a Canucks jersey in the future. Just sayin.

This is what I can't understand on here.

Booth gets pumped by most on CDC (not me ) yet when it comes to trades, he has to take a great player like Ballard AND a 1st with him to get Kane...................dear me, are you serious?

It seems all the big boasts about "going to the dirty areas" Booth drain away when reality sets in and we have to load him up to get anything for him.

I like Kane but come on he is not worth half of that.............He has averaged in 3 years, 21 goals and 21 points per season since his rookie year.................Booth or Ballard and a 1st is more than enough as far as I'm concerned.

Evander Kane is an extremely valuable, highly-touted, young scoring winger. Within the next two years, Evander Kane will become an elite player in the National Hockey League. He's got experience player centre. Our Left Wing position here on the Vancouver Canucks is currently occupied by Daniel, Booth, Higgins, Raymond, Ebbett and Burrows. We don't need another Left Winger. Our Centre position is currently occupied by Henrik, Kesler, Malhotra and Lapierre. Kane is listed as both a LW and a C.

Kane does not fill a need at RW. The best course of action for the Vancouver Canucks is to sign Jason Arnott to a 1 year 1.5 Million contract and to find more depth forwards in free agency. Give Malhotra opportunities to continue to rehabilitate on the 4th line and allow him on the 3rd if he regains his physical strength. This man performed very well during the 2010-2011 season and has shown tremendous character as well as important dedication to this community. Manny Malhotra took a puck to the eye during the playoffs for this team. We will show loyalty to Malhotra just as he's shown to this team and this community.

Zack Kassian is a man who worked his rear-end off this offseason. Kassian spent part of his offseason training with the Sedin Twins. We can tell that the twins know how to have a good time, but I'm sure he wasn't having as much of a blast as Evander Kane was. Zack Kassian deserves an opportunity to be in our Top Six next season.

Jannick Hansen also deserves an opportunity to tryout for the top six. So does Mason Raymond, who literally cracked his spine for this team.

Jason Arnott spent years of his career in Edmonton. He also spent a year under Ken Hitchcock in St. Louis. That doesn't exactly sound like he was having the time of his life.

Hansen, Raymond, Kassian, Malhotra and Arnott all deserve roster spots more then Evander Kane because they have demonstrated that their character is far superior to his.

Evander Kane allegedly refuses to sign a contract with the Winnipeg Jets. The Winnipeg Jets are a symbol of Canadian patriotism. The Winnipeg Jets organization developed Evander Kane into a better player. Kane should show a little bit of loyalty by signing a contract with the team that drafted and developed him. If Mike Gillis signs him to an offer sheet then I hope Chevy matches it. Not only has Evander Kane "allegedly" acted like a jerk through his actions off the ice, he looks like the biggest tool on the ice. Evander Kane has not dedicated his time to the Vancouver Canucks organization like Malhotra, Raymond, Luongo, etc.

Evander Kane hasn't earned the right to some ridiculous mega-contract. This is our team and our time to win a championship. Evander can join the Canucks when he hits Unrestricted Free Agency. This is a team filled with men of character who were raised by people who understand what the values of this community are meant to be about. That's what I think Mike Gillis believes in. Hockey isn't just a puck sliding around the ice-It's a form of expression. Hockey gives the player the opportunity to show what type of person they are.

Evander Kane has proven that he does not have what it takes to serve as a role model to youth in the community of Greater Vancouver. Winnipeg is the smallest market in the National Hockey League. Winnipeg isn't the party town that Evander Kane is looking for. If he wants to play in the NHL, then he should behave like a man. Men don't make decisions based on their need to party and destroy their bodies. If Kane wants to win, he should stay in Winnipeg. The Jets have the infrastructure to start winning 3-4 years down the road. He's still very young, he should be waiting his turn to win. It'll come soon. It's not here in Vancouver, he just doesn't fit into our depth chart and into our locker room.

Evander Kane will not be a Vancouver Canuck.

Evander Kane is an extremely valuable, highly-touted, young scoring winger. Within the next two years, Evander Kane will become an elite player in the National Hockey League. He's got experience player centre. Our Left Wing position here on the Vancouver Canucks is currently occupied by Daniel, Booth, Higgins, Raymond, Ebbett and Burrows. We don't need another Left Winger. Our Centre position is currently occupied by Henrik, Kesler, Malhotra and Lapierre. Kane is listed as both a LW and a C.

Kane does not fill a need at RW. The best course of action for the Vancouver Canucks is to sign Jason Arnott to a 1 year 1.5 Million contract and to find more depth forwards in free agency. Give Malhotra opportunities to continue to rehabilitate on the 4th line and allow him on the 3rd if he regains his physical strength. This man performed very well during the 2010-2011 season and has shown tremendous character as well as important dedication to this community. Manny Malhotra took a puck to the eye during the playoffs for this team. We will show loyalty to Malhotra just as he's shown to this team and this community.

Zack Kassian is a man who worked his rear-end off this offseason. Kassian spent part of his offseason training with the Sedin Twins. We can tell that the twins know how to have a good time, but I'm sure he wasn't having as much of a blast as Evander Kane was. Zack Kassian deserves an opportunity to be in our Top Six next season.

Jannick Hansen also deserves an opportunity to tryout for the top six. So does Mason Raymond, who literally cracked his spine for this team.

Jason Arnott spent years of his career in Edmonton. He also spent a year under Ken Hitchcock in St. Louis. That doesn't exactly sound like he was having the time of his life.

Hansen, Raymond, Kassian, Malhotra and Arnott all deserve roster spots more then Evander Kane because they have demonstrated that their character is far superior to his.

Evander Kane allegedly refuses to sign a contract with the Winnipeg Jets. The Winnipeg Jets are a symbol of Canadian patriotism. The Winnipeg Jets organization developed Evander Kane into a better player. Kane should show a little bit of loyalty by signing a contract with the team that drafted and developed him. If Mike Gillis signs him to an offer sheet then I hope Chevy matches it. Not only has Evander Kane "allegedly" acted like a jerk through his actions off the ice, he looks like the biggest tool on the ice. Evander Kane has not dedicated his time to the Vancouver Canucks organization like Malhotra, Raymond, Luongo, etc.

Evander Kane hasn't earned the right to some ridiculous mega-contract. This is our team and our time to win a championship. Evander can join the Canucks when he hits Unrestricted Free Agency. This is a team filled with men of character who were raised by people who understand what the values of this community are meant to be about. That's what I think Mike Gillis believes in. Hockey isn't just a puck sliding around the ice-It's a form of expression. Hockey gives the player the opportunity to show what type of person they are.

Evander Kane has proven that he does not have what it takes to serve as a role model to youth in the community of Greater Vancouver. Winnipeg is the smallest market in the National Hockey League. Winnipeg isn't the party town that Evander Kane is looking for. If he wants to play in the NHL, then he should behave like a man. Men don't make decisions based on their need to party and destroy their bodies. If Kane wants to win, he should stay in Winnipeg. The Jets have the infrastructure to start winning 3-4 years down the road. He's still very young, he should be waiting his turn to win. It'll come soon. It's not here in Vancouver, he just doesn't fit into our depth chart and into our locker room.

quote - Hansen, Raymond, Kassian, Malhotra and Arnott all deserve roster spots more then Evander Kane because they have demonstrated that their character is far superior to his.

And Kane has demonstrated superior hockey playing abilities.

quote - Not only has Evander Kane "allegedly" acted like a jerk through his actions off the ice, he looks like the biggest tool on the ice.

Evidence that he is a toll off the ice please?

And he looks like a tool here?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A-6P2020Ddc&feature=related

I love Matt Cooke, but Kane sure doesn't look like a tool here:

quote - Evander Kane has not dedicated his time to the Vancouver Canucks organization like Malhotra, Raymond, Luongo, etc.

Neither did Luongo or Malhotra before they became Canucks.

quote - Evander Kane hasn't earned the right to some ridiculous mega-contract.

Do you have information on how much he is asking for? A mega ridiculous contract is IMO something like 6M for 7 years. Is he asking for that much? You have evidence? I think he just wants out of Winnipeg.

quote - This is our team and our time to win a championship.

All the more reason to address our top 6 situation now. I have nothing against Higgins or Raymond, but an upgrade is an upgrade.

quote - This is a team filled with men of character who were raised by people who understand what the values of this community are meant to be about. That's what I think Mike Gillis believes in. Hockey isn't just a puck sliding around the ice-It's a form of expression. Hockey gives the player the opportunity to show what type of person they are.

Are you in the copywriting business? This sounds like a script for a commercial. In fact your whole post sounds like copywriting.

quote - Evander Kane has proven that he does not have what it takes to serve as a role model to youth in the community of Greater Vancouver.

He has proven himself to be a dynamic, top 6 goal producer in the NHL. Maybe he has not proven that he is a community role model yet, but he is still 21.

quote - Winnipeg is the smallest market in the National Hockey League. Winnipeg isn't the party town that Evander Kane is looking for.

What evidence do you have to support your claim that he is looking for a party town? He is rich and he can party wherever he wants.

quote - If he wants to play in the NHL, then he should behave like a man.

He is a budding NHL star player. What evidence do you have to support your claim that is not behaving like a man? Is Pronger asking for a trade out of Edmonton a childish act?

quote - Men don't make decisions based on their need to party and destroy their bodies.

Evidence he is doing that?

quote - If Kane wants to win, he should stay in Winnipeg. The Jets have the infrastructure to start winning 3-4 years down the road.

If he wants to win, he should go to a Cup contender. I believe good economics count as a winning structure. A small market team has to struggle mightily to be a competitive contender. The new CBA might change that I admit, but the odds are still stacked against them.

quote - Evander Kane will not be a Vancouver Canuck.

You can look into the future now? Just because you can write doesn't mean you are right. People like you have an agenda and I can't understand why.

Archived