The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Evander Kane will not negotiate contract with Winnipeg

If Kane gets traded from Winnipeg, he won't be coming to Vancouver. I watch this team every home game as I have season tickets. And I can tell you, on a team with limited offense, he still had his best year. If Kane is going to get traded anywhere, look for a top center coming in return (ie: Jordan Staal).

Edler wouldn't fit, because the Jets are looking fine on the backend. They would be getting scoring in return. The Canucks just don't have the assets that the Jets need to get it done.

Also, if the Jets were to trade for picks only, ship him to Columbus for their picks once Nash is gone.

As for Kane, if up sh*ts creek if this is indeed true. The Jets hold all the cards on this one. If they do indeed trade him, every team is going to have to overpay to make it happen.

I see what you are saying, but I dont agree Booth would have to be involved. They are all shoot first guys, but sometimes the best pass is off the goalies pads, not to mention I really dont think the no passing would last too long.

I haven't heard of the off ice issues but he did have problems with the coach all year. I remember him playing 3rd and 4th line minutes (may be the off ice issues that caused this), but he still ended up scoring 30 goals.

The kid is from Vancouver, perhaps he grew up wanting to play here, has an issue with his coach (true not good but can happen to the best of them and needs a change), add in living in the peg, not alot of people would want that in Winter..

Alot of factors go into stuff like this not just ego etc...we don't know and if MG has inside scoop to know that whatever issues he faced in the Peg wouldn't be faced here then hell ya.

If its ego and attitude MG wouldn't want him (ie CoHo) anyways.

At least for Winnipeg Kane is still RFA. Horrible as it may be if he continues to improve his game after leaving, if they can get some valuable pieces via a trade they could hopefully, for their fans anyways, keep it to a somewhat lateral movement and not a complete loss.

A Schneiderish for Kaneish trade would be awesome before thinking about how much money he is going to want, and what position he would be most comfortable, and also productive, playing.

I love Burr with the Sedins because I like seeing him get 25-30 goals a year, but will it be better for us to bump him down where he would likely get fewer oppurtunities to hit 30 goals if it means Kane getting first line minutes and what, 30, 35, 40? What's his ceiling anyways?*

*hypothetically

At least for Winnipeg Kane is still RFA. Horrible as it may be if he continues to improve his game after leaving, if they can get some valuable pieces via a trade they could hopefully, for their fans anyways, keep it to a somewhat lateral movement and not a complete loss.

A Schneiderish for Kaneish trade would be awesome before thinking about how much money he is going to want, and what position he would be most comfortable, and also productive, playing.

I love Burr with the Sedins because I like seeing him get 25-30 goals a year, but will it be better for us to bump him down where he would likely get fewer oppurtunities to hit 30 goals if it means Kane getting first line minutes and what, 30, 35, 40? What's his ceiling anyways?*

*hypothetically

Exactly, or, will he be able to bump someone off the 2nd line and rock it with Booth and Kes, for example. At first glance I don't like the idea of him and Kes on the same line with their styles of play.

I have only seen him play a handful of games at the NHL level, I just remember him from the Giants, his talent is undeniable. Can our coaching staff find a way to fit him somewhere to make what Mike Gillis pays to aquire hime worthwhile?

Tough questions to consider.

I honestly think that if we were to acquire Kane, we'd have to send Kesler the other way. I guess that all depends if their goalie actually leaves for the KHL, which i doubt will happen.

I just don't see us having the assets that we are willing to part with to make this deal happen. No way MG parts with Kassian or Jensen; which would be a key component of any trade for a superstar from a small market team

At least that would help with their loss of Kane's goal scoring... With Kesler out 6 months for surgery, that trade may never be considered by Cheveldayoff, and it's still too early for Gillis to consider moving him. Kesler needs another chance to prove himself, we all know he has it in him.

Unless we can convince Ken that Booth+ is the way to go, and somehow magically hold on to our favourite prospects, it seems that Winnipeg may not be such a good trading partner.

Archived