The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Evander Kane will not negotiate contract with Winnipeg

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

#KANE update: from source CLOSE to Evander's family. His dream is to play for the #CANUCKS. He hopes to go to Vancouver.

Expand

As of right now, I am unaware if #Canucks are interested in Kane or not. But that is his destination of choice. #Vancouver

Expand

#DREAMTEAM on top of things again #CONFIRMATION from source close to Evander Kane he asked to be TRADED out of Winnipeg.#NHLJets #WOW

Collapse

Also #CONFIRMED 100% if it were up to Kane, he'd join the#CANUCKS. However, Eastern team has HUGE interest in #NHLJetsdisgruntled forward.

Collapse

I have many sources close to Evander Kane himself or the #NHLJetsso expect constant updates on all developments regarding this story.

Expand

Ossi rockin' the house!

The devil in me would love to see Luongo sulking in freezing, blowing, blackfly-infested Winterpeg.

("B-b-b-b-but I meant I would waive my NMC to go to Florida...")

I guess I have more bad feelings about Luongo than I knew.

He let the team down when we needed him to be the "best goalie in the world".

If his wife didn't want to move to Vancouver, whatever will she think about Winnipeg?

I guess there is no way this gets done, but Luongo and Raymond for Kane, yes please Mike Gillis.

(And no to Schneider, or Edler for sure.)

Kane for Schneider straight up. If either side is unwilling to do it how about some three way action?

To VAN:

Kane

Matthias

To FLA:

Luongo

To WPG:

Bjugstad

Jensen

Connauton

1st Round Pick (VAN)

Obviously Winnipeg does not want to give up a player like Kane, but a package full of good young pieces would be a great return.

Kane for Schneider straight up. If either side is unwilling to do it how about some three way action?

To VAN:

Kane

Matthias

To FLA:

Luongo

To WPG:

Bjugstad

Jensen

Connauton

1st Round Pick (VAN)

Obviously Winnipeg does not want to give up a player like Kane, but a package full of good young pieces would be a great return.

First off of course Winnipeg would deny it so don't trust Dreger completely as he is hearing it from the GM.

For the people post from Winnipeg you DO need a goalie. Pavelec just won't cut it buddy. He is barely a top 25 goalie in the NHL. Are two goalies are far better than him. Kane is one player I'd actually trade Schneider for.

You guys are obviously basing your opinion on stats and not on games watched. Pavelec was a beast all year and incredibly consistent until the last ~10 games. He carried the team to very respectable numbers while the team dropped him to just terrible numbers. Luongo/Schneider would not have better numbers in front of this defense.

Anybody who watched the Jets consistently would tell you that we're set in goal. It's the only position we're set in.

Archived