The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Evander Kane will not negotiate contract with Winnipeg

Kevin Bacon and Rob Lowe are actors.

Rob Lowe called Winnipeg a hellhole.

Rob Lowe and Hilary Duff were among celebrities seen in LA for the Stanley Cup.

Hillary Duff is married to Mike Comrie.

Mike Comrie refused to sign as a RFA in EDM.

Yup. It checks out.

To be honest, the guy scores goals, but he is the most 1-dimensional player on the Jets roster right now.

Skates down the left wing and either...

1. Keeps skating and gets cut off by Dman

2. Tries to drag the puck into slot but gets checked

3. Takes a shot from the circle

4. Or skates around the net to try a wrap around

And to the people throwing out the offers of Booth, Schneider, Ballard, etc. can just stop. As far as I know, Kane doesn't have a NTC, so the Jets would trade him to whatever team offers the most.

I like Evander as a player as well. Yes, Evander was probably unhappy this season in Winnipeg, because in January there were rumours (probably false) that he didn't pay his restaurant bills or bar taps and after there were some war of words on his twitter account with him saying stuff like "ray charles to the bullish*t " to people talking smack about him on the website. Also, apparently he's known around Vancouver as cocky from his minor hockey/high school days (which rumours are also probably overblown and being cocky isisnt neccesairly a bad thing). However, if MG could pull this off words would not express how big of a deal this would be for the franchise.

No...He wouldn't.

When are people going to start to realize that it takes a unique player to be successful with Ryan Kesler and that David Booth AND Evander Kane, guys that like to carry the puck to the net, are NOT at all those type of players.

Kesler had his initial breakout with Sundin and Demitra, two guys that loved to PASS the puck, making a pass first centerman much more successful.

Not saying we could land these guys but Marty St. Louis or PA Parentau are guys that could work well with Kesler.

Listen...IF and it's a BIG IF, Evander Kane is available, MG will do what he can to acquire him if at all possible. However, Booth would have to be involved in the deal for cap and style reasons and that is just fine with me.

To be honest, the guy scores goals, but he is the most 1-dimensional player on the Jets roster right now.

Skates down the left wing and either...

1. Keeps skating and gets cut off by Dman

2. Tries to drag the puck into slot but gets checked

3. Takes a shot from the circle

4. Or skates around the net to try a wrap around

And to the people throwing out the offers of Booth, Schneider, Ballard, etc. can just stop. As far as I know, Kane doesn't have a NTC, so the Jets would trade him to whatever team offers the most.

I watch quite a few Jets games last season, and it seems that Kane is a little predictable; he does the same move at the opponent's blue line all the time. This scares me a lot because he's not at the level that Ovie was before being found out, and teams caught on near the end of the season. He isn't the player we need, especially since he isn't that play maker that we need for the 2nd line.

This post is going over my head. Comrie re-signed with the Oilers in 2009 and Hilary Duff spent the majority of the season in Edmonton. There is also a rumor that now that she is pregnant and Comrie is retired, they are going to

move back to Edmonton permanently since they have family there. So it can't be that bad.

You don't actually believe that rumor, do you? It is known as 100% fact that Comrie did not sleep with Salo's wife. Salo was even at Comrie's going away party. His teammates had no problem with him.

Comrie held out on Edmonton(already had a contract. He just wanted a raise. That was allowed back then) because he was a successful young player that had a greedy agent in his ear. It was all business.

Archived