Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Rumour] Evander Kane will not negotiate contract with Winnipeg

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
378 replies to this topic

#121 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:38 AM

Yeah maybe I am blinded a bit. I was merely hoping that his on ice behaviour was a temporary anomaly, and not a definitive version of who he will be next season. He does need to use his line mates more, and play hard as hell like he did to get to 41 goals in the first place.

I disagree about the need to carry the team attitude. Just carry it the right way, by being the hard working, grinding leader that led you into a decent contract in the first place. Oh, and recognize your linemates exist, and above all, get HEALTHY.

And, of course since this is a Kane thread, go Kane.

:lol:

All I meant is that when you are on a contending team, you shouldn't play as if you have to do all the work, you should work together to produce the end goal. There were no one man shows in any Stanley Cup victories from the recent past. Work with your line mates, don't try to carry them on your back because you think they are inferior.

#122 Lenny Jones

Lenny Jones

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,311 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 07:31 AM

A friend in University went to the same high school as him. He was home schooled and came for grad year and apparently walked around like an entitled spoiled brat. If his attitude didn't change, I don't think Gillis would be looking to acquire him.

Posted Image
Credit to RK.17, thanks!

#123 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,659 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:55 AM

If the Jets were to trade Kane, I would prefer a trade involving Jordan Staal or Colin Wilson (Winnipegger)

#124 GHL

GHL

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,639 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:23 AM

Love what Kesler brings, but with the injuries, the embellishments and a generally bad attitude, I'm thinking it best to part ways and get players with less troubles provided the Canucks land a 1C to play either in front of Henrik or behind.

Then again, Kesler on the wing beside a 1C is far more effective.

Yes.

Posted Image

#125 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:26 AM

At least for Winnipeg Kane is still RFA. Horrible as it may be if he continues to improve his game after leaving, if they can get some valuable pieces via a trade they could hopefully, for their fans anyways, keep it to a somewhat lateral movement and not a complete loss.

A Schneiderish for Kaneish trade would be awesome before thinking about how much money he is going to want, and what position he would be most comfortable, and also productive, playing.

I love Burr with the Sedins because I like seeing him get 25-30 goals a year, but will it be better for us to bump him down where he would likely get fewer oppurtunities to hit 30 goals if it means Kane getting first line minutes and what, 30, 35, 40? What's his ceiling anyways?*

*hypothetically

I might be biased, but we just saw the 20 year old get 30 goals in 74 games, playing most of the year with Burmistrov, who had less than 30 points and Wellwood. He was on the second line and was also playing 3rd line some times. He was used on the 2nd PP unit. He was on pace for 40 goals pretty early in the year but as happens with a lot of young players, they have trouble maintaining a steady pace for a full year. Give him better linemates and he has 40 goals last year. Better linemates and maturity/consistency and I have no doubt that he could hit 50-60 goals in a year. I feel if he was with the Sedin's this year he would likely get mid-40's.

If Kane gets traded from Winnipeg, he won't be coming to Vancouver. I watch this team every home game as I have season tickets. And I can tell you, on a team with limited offense, he still had his best year. If Kane is going to get traded anywhere, look for a top center coming in return (ie: Jordan Staal).

Edler wouldn't fit, because the Jets are looking fine on the backend. They would be getting scoring in return. The Canucks just don't have the assets that the Jets need to get it done.

Also, if the Jets were to trade for picks only, ship him to Columbus for their picks once Nash is gone.

As for Kane, if up sh*ts creek if this is indeed true. The Jets hold all the cards on this one. If they do indeed trade him, every team is going to have to overpay to make it happen.

As clear as it is that we need a #1 center, I wouldn't exactly say we're set on the back end. We have 6 defencemen but one of them (Buff) certainly shouldn't be there and the rest (minus Stuart) need to learn how to play a solid defensive game. Pavelec's numbers show that. I watched every game last year and felt terrible for Pavelec game in and game out. Up until the end of the year he didn't let in a soft goal, the quality of the chances that other teams were getting was just absurd.
I think if we get a solid D-man (i.e. Edler) and somehow convince Buff to take Kane's forward position to ease the loss and then get another piece or two we wouldn't be worse for it.

#126 Zoolander

Zoolander

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,189 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:44 AM

He's a left wing. He's going to replace Danny or Booth on the 1st or 2nd? Where will he fit in?

Where does Booth fit in to begin with....Kesler doesn't seem to want to pass to him or anyone for that matter.

Kesler for Getzlaf
Luongo + 1st rd pick for E.Kane

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kane-Gezlaf-Booth (If Booth can't adjust, then find someone who can)
My 2014 Draft wishlist: 1st rd: Draisaitl, Virtanen, Scherbak. 2nd rd: Brendan Lemieux, Thatcher Demko (Goalie)
Posted Image
Future Canucks top 6:
Shinkaruk-Draisaitl-Scherbak
Virtanen-Horvat-Jensen

#127 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 15,659 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 10:56 AM

I remember back to when I was just a Canucks fan and all the proposals that were thrown around, but I couldn't full appreciate their hilarity until the Jets returned :lol:

We don't need Luongo, we don't need Ballard, don't need Schneider.

To be honest, I am conflicted on Raymond. I think on a different team in a fresh start, he could maybe be productive, but still very cautious.

Players that would fit into our roster are maybe Raymond, Hansen, Kesler, Tanev/Edler. Jets need scoring depth and defensive/two-way defensemen.

#128 Chip Kelly

Chip Kelly

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,379 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:27 PM

Kane would certainly give the Canucks ageing roster a much needed face lift. But Booth/Kesler and Kane are too similar of players to all play together.

There have been rumours that Kane left retaurants without paying on a number of occasions in Winnipeg. Not really classy if that's true.

Maybe being closer to his family back in Vancouver will get him grounded.

fyo3s9.jpg

Credit to Mr.DirtyDangles for the find and Twilight Sparkle for making a sick siggy!

#129 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,430 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 04:31 PM

Not surprised.

There was an issue with this already shortly After the announcing of the Atlanta Thrashers to Winnipeg. Names were not named, but there were some players that was not really happy with Winnipeg. Management and Ownership had to get the real estate assistance to help the players find nicer area's to live. Even Andrew Ladd said that if the players don't want to play for winnipeg, he doesn't want them on the team. Winnipeg is like the other Edmonton. No offence, boring city, terrible weather, not much to do. Kinda said he doesn't want to negotiate a contract.

My proposal Schroeder, Higgins and Raymond for Evander Kane. That's my starting offer, and I will for the hand onto Winnipeg to ask a little more.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#130 mpt

mpt

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,521 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:34 PM

Where does Booth fit in to begin with....Kesler doesn't seem to want to pass to him or anyone for that matter.

Kesler for Getzlaf
Luongo + 1st rd pick for E.Kane

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows
Kane-Gezlaf-Booth (If Booth can't adjust, then find someone who can)

We will need a lot more than Kesler to land Getzalf. Where is the incentive for Anaheim to pull the trigger? Kesler, Tanev and maybe Raymond would get you Getzalf and the rights to Schultz.

#131 Tystick

Tystick

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,518 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 02:00 AM

If we could acquire Kane, things would be glorious. I'd actually prefer him over Nash :)

WPG: Schneider + 1st
VAN : Kane

Sedin - Sedin - Kane (30 Goal Scorer @ 20 years old!) :emot-parrot:
Booth - Kesler - Burrows
Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen
Bitz - Malhotra - Weise

Looks sooooooooo gooood!!!!
Posted Image

#132 Ukcanuckzfan

Ukcanuckzfan

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:13 AM

Vancouver lad
Comes here in the off-season all the time, Now let's keep him in the Full season.
Bring him home :) :towel:
C:\Users\Vickrams account\Pictures\Ibrahim.gifC:\Users\Vickrams account\Pictures\Animation Gif what happened.gif

#133 sameer666

sameer666

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:15 AM

A friend in University went to the same high school as him. He was home schooled and came for grad year and apparently walked around like an entitled spoiled brat. If his attitude didn't change, I don't think Gillis would be looking to acquire him.

My cousins girlfriends mom use to work at a convenience store and apparently she saw Kane picking his nose while shopping for 5 cent candy. I think we can guarantee Gillis wont pick him up since scouting probably has heard both these two very imperative stories! Give me a break man, he was young. Kesler use to be a right jerk when he was young too, I suppose we should of not drafted him too?

#134 CanucksFanMike

CanucksFanMike

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,632 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

He wants to come home!

:frantic:

Noooo.... more like he doesn't want to live in a place where there is bllizard six months of the year
Posted Image
Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#135 underrated

underrated

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,321 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 04:00 PM

I would be happy if our offseason looked as simple as this:

Trade Schneider + first round pick (#26) for Evander Kane IF Pavelej goes to Russia
Play Kane with the Sedins and move Burrows to the second line.

Sign Justin Schultz to play alongside Edler.

Possibly sign Gaustad, otherwise let Lapierre and Manny split the third line center role.

#136 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,658 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:08 PM

My cousins girlfriends mom use to work at a convenience store and apparently she saw Kane picking his nose while shopping for 5 cent candy. I think we can guarantee Gillis wont pick him up since scouting probably has heard both these two very imperative stories! Give me a break man, he was young. Kesler use to be a right jerk when he was young too, I suppose we should of not drafted him too?

Let's be honest here - Kes is still a prick. He's a great hockey player, but he is still very arrogant - part of which is why he's good. I suspect the same with Kane.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#137 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 18 June 2012 - 06:48 PM

who ever doesnt want kane on the team is crazy
Posted Image

#138 sameer666

sameer666

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,243 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 04:50 PM

Let's be honest here - Kes is still a prick. He's a great hockey player, but he is still very arrogant - part of which is why he's good. I suspect the same with Kane.

Are you speaking from what you have heard or have you met him?

#139 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 20 June 2012 - 11:43 PM

I'm sure almost all high ranked prospects act like this. Highschool kid + fame = douche. Unless he's as bad as Avery, any team would still want him.

sig by Malkin71

#140 Alex the Great

Alex the Great

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,838 posts

Posted 21 June 2012 - 11:07 AM

The reports of Evander Kane wanting out of Winnipeg appear to be greatly exaggerated.
According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, Winnipeg Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff has met with Kane's representatives from Newport Sports Management and dismissed the rumours of Kane's unhappiness with the team.
Dreger adds that the two sides also discussed contract parameters, but did not get down to talking numbers. Reports surfaced this week that a Jets player revealed that Kane didn't want to negotiate for a new contract - sparking trade rumours and speculation going into Friday's NHL Draft.
Kane, 20, scored a career-high 30 goals and 57 points last season and is eligible for restricted free agency on July 1.

105uyog.jpg

Thanks to KhalifaWiz for the incredible sig!

#141 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 8,196 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:29 PM

Julie Stewart-Binks@JSB_CTV

According to inside sources, Evander Kane has asked for a trade for a trade from the Winnipeg Jets. Wants to be face of franchise...

... But Jets 2011 First Overall pick Mark Schiefele will likely be the face of the franchise. #NHL #Jets

Seems this 'rumor' will not go away.

Here is the bio Julie has posted on her twitter (for those who don't have twitter): Sports Anchor/Reporter on CTV Regina. Originally from Toronto, now living on the Prairies. Alice Cooper's #1 fan.

EDIT:

Leah Hextall@leahhextall

The insider I know, @DarrenDreger tells me Kane did not ask for a trade out of Winnipeg. Exact words, "Untrue, did not happen." #TSN #Jets

Leah works for CTV Winnipeg

Edited by RunningWild, 23 August 2012 - 09:13 PM.

#142 *vInTaGe*

*vInTaGe*

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,408 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:34 PM

I thought he was the face of the franchise.

Posted Image

#143 gmen81

gmen81

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,087 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:37 PM

Love to see Kane in a Canucks uniform
Posted Image

#144 dynamic_canuck21

dynamic_canuck21

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 104 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:39 PM

Lp

#145 BabychStache

BabychStache

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:46 PM

Toronto... Montreal.... Where to big guy?
Posted Image
Credit to Goaltenderinterference for the awesome Sig!

#146 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,326 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:49 PM

Offer sheet time?

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#147 CanucksCupHopes

CanucksCupHopes

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 454 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:50 PM

Lp

#148 djsandwiches

djsandwiches

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:54 PM

Offer sheet time?

Exactly! We need to stop wasting time with Doaner and get a true thoroghbread player that we can lock up for long term. An Overpayment here I could live with.

Cheers!

#149 Pears

Pears

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • 16,326 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 08:56 PM

Exactly! We need to stop wasting time with Doaner and get a true thoroghbread player that we can lock up for long term. An Overpayment here I could live with.

I'd throw a six year offer sheet at Kane at $7 million per. Just imagine

Sedin - Sedin - Kane
Booth - Kesler - Burrows

:mellow:

In my eyes drouin is overrated he can score in the qmjhl but did nothing in last two gold medal games that canada lost. Fox will be better pro than him talk to me in five yrs

Gaudreau has one NHL goal whereas all your "prized" prospects have none.

ryan kesler is going to the chicago blackhawks ...       quote me on it

#150 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 23 August 2012 - 09:02 PM

I'd throw a six year offer sheet at Kane at $7 million per. Just imagine

Sedin - Sedin - Kane
Booth - Kesler - Burrows

:mellow:

Good Idea, offer sheet the potential face of a franchise so that the team he is currently with can match the offer and keep him for years to come or have him locked and tradeable for even more assets. :picard:

Quality over quantity.. You should use this as a rule for posting.

Edited by G-52, 23 August 2012 - 09:04 PM.

Posted Image

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.