378 replies to this topic

#181 ButterBean

ButterBean

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,228 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:22 AM

I'm surprised everyone is slotting him into the 2nd line if we were to get him. He's young, fast, hits, and plays with power. That sounds like the perfect linemate for the Sedins.

#182 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:33 AM

Hockeyy Insiderr@HockeyyInsiderr

#KANE update: from source CLOSE to Evander's family. His dream is to play for the #CANUCKS. He hopes to go to Vancouver.

Expand

As of right now, I am unaware if #Canucks are interested in Kane or not. But that is his destination of choice. #Vancouver

Expand
#DREAMTEAM on top of things again #CONFIRMATION from source close to Evander Kane he asked to be TRADED out of Winnipeg.#NHLJets #WOW

Collapse
Also #CONFIRMED 100% if it were up to Kane, he'd join the#CANUCKS. However, Eastern team has HUGE interest in #NHLJetsdisgruntled forward.

Collapse

I have many sources close to Evander Kane himself or the #NHLJetsso expect constant updates on all developments regarding this story.

Expand

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#183 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,318 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:41 AM

How is ^ a legit source?

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#184 firestorm238

firestorm238

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 98 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:44 AM

It's not, but it's a reasonable proposal at the least and certainly more worthy of discussion than the pissing matches consuming some of the threads at the moment.

#185 Mike Versace ESQ

Mike Versace ESQ

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,668 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 12:48 AM

How is ^ a legit source?

once again, the "legit" source list is only for STARTING A NEW THREAD. This thread already exists. You can choose to believe it, or not, or just choose to discuss what HI tweeted. This IS a discussion forum, is it not?

Posted ImagePosted Image

FOLLOW @MikeVersace1

#shapcrew #membersonly

credit to CanucksHD for the avatar

#186 KevinB

KevinB

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:04 AM

Gillis would be crazy not to be interested. Even if HI isn't legit, I'd still love to hear updates that Van is making the Jets a proposal, still a chance that HI 's sources are credible.

#187 ConnorFutureGM

ConnorFutureGM

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 327 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:12 AM

Florida would be a good fit.

#188 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,707 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:16 AM

How is ^ a legit source?

Mr Soprano just doesn't get that a source not legit enough to make a thread about is a source not worth posting about either. I suspect he's just very bored at work.

#189 chompers14

chompers14

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 67 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:23 AM

Mr Soprano just doesn't get that a source not legit enough to make a thread about is a source not worth posting about either. I suspect he's just very bored at work.

HI could have some legitamacy he is Alexander Daigle "after all"

#190 NightHawkSniper

NightHawkSniper

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,318 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:25 AM

once again, the "legit" source list is only for STARTING A NEW THREAD. This thread already exists. You can choose to believe it, or not, or just choose to discuss what HI tweeted. This IS a discussion forum, is it not?

So you want to discuss crap? sounds like fun.

5577747361_37d631069c_m.jpg

#191 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,821 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 01:34 AM

Ossi rockin' the house!

The devil in me would love to see Luongo sulking in freezing, blowing, blackfly-infested Winterpeg.
("B-b-b-b-but I meant I would waive my NMC to go to Florida...")

I guess I have more bad feelings about Luongo than I knew.
He let the team down when we needed him to be the "best goalie in the world".

If his wife didn't want to move to Vancouver, whatever will she think about Winnipeg?

I guess there is no way this gets done, but Luongo and Raymond for Kane, yes please Mike Gillis.

(And no to Schneider, or Edler for sure.)

I'm with you, brosephine. I think a winter in Winnipeg on a team that might scrape the playoffs would be perfect Karma for Luongo and all his choking. I don't wanna see Edler and certainly not Schneider moved either.

If this HI stuff is true then Gillis better get on that. Kane would be perfect here- young, big with huge potential.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#192 Strawberries

Strawberries

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,563 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:04 AM

kane would be lethal here ..but i dont see it happening ..atleast not yet
Posted Image

#193 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:28 AM

He would be sick with Kesler and Booth. Highly doubt it will happen, but a guy could wish.

How would that work, he plays the same position as Booth................HE WOULD BE sick with Kesler and Raymond though!
Kevin.jpg

#194 Mack Attack

Mack Attack

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 471 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 02:51 AM

Kane for Schneider straight up. If either side is unwilling to do it how about some three way action?

To VAN:
Kane
Matthias

To FLA:
Luongo

To WPG:
Bjugstad
Jensen
Connauton
1st Round Pick (VAN)

Obviously Winnipeg does not want to give up a player like Kane, but a package full of good young pieces would be a great return.

Edited by Mack Attack, 24 August 2012 - 02:54 AM.

#195 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,751 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:25 AM

That's wayyy too much for Kane! I don't want him that much.

Pcuzz :canucks:

It's also unrealistic. Winnipeg doesn't want a whole bunch of pieces, they will be looking for a bird in hand, not two in the bush.

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

Posted Image
2 0 14 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#196 BobLoblaw

BobLoblaw

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 825 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 06:38 AM

Kane for Schneider straight up. If either side is unwilling to do it how about some three way action?

To VAN:
Kane
Matthias

To FLA:
Luongo

To WPG:
Bjugstad
Jensen
Connauton
1st Round Pick (VAN)

Obviously Winnipeg does not want to give up a player like Kane, but a package full of good young pieces would be a great return.

If Florida has been unwilling to trade Matthias and Bjugstad for Luongo thus far, they wouldn't do the same thing in a three way deal.

#197 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 07:13 AM

First off of course Winnipeg would deny it so don't trust Dreger completely as he is hearing it from the GM.

For the people post from Winnipeg you DO need a goalie. Pavelec just won't cut it buddy. He is barely a top 25 goalie in the NHL. Are two goalies are far better than him. Kane is one player I'd actually trade Schneider for.

Jets could use goaltending in my opinion. Send Luongo and Raymond their way and we'll snatch up Kane. A hockey trade if I've ever seen one.

Yeah, the only way to get him is through trade.

Goaltending is their most obvious need, but I doubt Luongo would waive to go to Winnipeg. Schneider is the goalie it would take to get Kane. Winnipeg LOVES Schneider already.

But god damn, I don't want to see Schneider playing in another uniform. I would be unsure, but OK with Schneider for Kane, and I would be happy with Luongo staying if that were the case.

It's nice to imagine different guys to package to get Kane, but Schneider is the one they would want. Kesler maybe, but I think if we want Kane it'll cost us a Schneider.

You guys are obviously basing your opinion on stats and not on games watched. Pavelec was a beast all year and incredibly consistent until the last ~10 games. He carried the team to very respectable numbers while the team dropped him to just terrible numbers. Luongo/Schneider would not have better numbers in front of this defense.

Anybody who watched the Jets consistently would tell you that we're set in goal. It's the only position we're set in.

Edited by Kyosama, 24 August 2012 - 07:14 AM.

#198 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,111 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:07 AM

You guys are obviously basing your opinion on stats and not on games watched. Pavelec was a beast all year and incredibly consistent until the last ~10 games. He carried the team to very respectable numbers while the team dropped him to just terrible numbers. Luongo/Schneider would not have better numbers in front of this defense.

Anybody who watched the Jets consistently would tell you that we're set in goal. It's the only position we're set in.

As a Jet fan how did you read Kane's attitude? I remember that he had his ice time cut during last season and assumed he and the coach were disagreeing.

#199 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,067 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:22 AM

Trade:
Booth + Higgins (or Hansen or Tanev) + Schroeder (or Jensen) + 1st 2013 for Kane + 3rd 2013

#200 Hobble

Hobble

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,636 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:23 AM

gary lawless@garylawless
Jets tell me no truth to Evander Kane asking for a trade #nhljets #bn

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
Wow, take some time off...a break from twitter only to return to more nameless "insiders". Pretty simple, no name...no credibility.#nofollow

#201 TOMapleLaughs

TOMapleLaughs

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 31,698 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:33 AM

Meh. They should make room for Kyle Wellwood anyway.
Posted Image

#202 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

gary lawless@garylawless

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger
Wow, take some time off...a break from twitter only to return to more nameless "insiders". Pretty simple, no name...no credibility.#nofollow

Dreger must be skurred, hes trying his hardest to make sure everyone only listens to him... "No im a better insider :shock: "

Posted Image

#203 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 13,474 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:39 AM

At some point in time MG is going to have to overpay for another top 6 forward. He keeps waiting for one to fall in his lap. :sadno:
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#204 ice orca

ice orca

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,273 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:48 AM

Dreger must be skurred, hes trying his hardest to make sure everyone only listens to him... "No im a better insider :shock: "

Yeah Dreger gets more arrogant every year dude thinks he is the only person to have inside info and call out anybody who is a threat to his little empire.

#205 Darth Kane

Darth Kane

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 08:54 AM

Ballard, Malhotra and Raymond for E. Kane.

:picard: :bigblush:

#206 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:06 AM

gary lawless ‏@garylawless

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger

Drerrogant prick.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#207 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:13 AM

As a Jet fan how did you read Kane's attitude? I remember that he had his ice time cut during last season and assumed he and the coach were disagreeing.

I honestly felt that he handled things really well. He was treated unfairly by the fans, starting with the dining and dashing rumors, then when he got a concussion I heard three different stories about how he got it. In one he got bottled in a barfight, in another he got punched by a bouncer, and in the third it was a teammate that knocked him out at the bar. Every account was witnessed by a friend of a friend.

His response to all this was to go to team management and ask them to get him out into the community and to help him with his PR. To me that doesn't come off as someone who hates this city or wants out. I feel this was just an easy story to make on a high profile player in a market that's getting a lot of attention. In other words very easy publicity for Mrs Julie Stewart-Binks.

Also, everyone I know who has met him has had nothing but positive experiences with him.

Edited by Kyosama, 24 August 2012 - 09:19 AM.

#208 Monty

Monty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,592 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:15 AM

I love the Canucks, but not as much as the Jets. So please listen when I say that all the proposals listed are not enough or they are assets the Jets do not need.

1. Taking Luongo's NTC out of the equation, the Jets have no need for him (the same goes for Schneider). I'll give you a hint why. His name rhymes with "Smavlac."

2. Raymond is useless on any team. Why the Jets want to get weaker is beyond comprehension.

3. First round picks from the Canucks do not mean a lot when dealing w/ a player the caliber of Evander Kane.

4. Ballard is a complete waste. If he cannot succeed on the Canucks, he has no hope with the Jets, a far inferior team.

If Kane wants to be a spoiled brat and play for only one team, then that team will have to pay through the nose to get him. Remember, this is much different than Rick Nash, Dany Heatley, Roberto Luongo, Chris Pronger, etc. Kane is a RFA and has no bargaining power. The Jets hold all the cards. He can be a big boy and sign a new contract and grow up; or, he can sit out and not play at all. Either way, the Jets won't trade him to his favourite destination just because Kane says so.

And by the way, IF the Canucks were to get Kane, they would have to give up Edler and Burrows to make it happen.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#209 Kyosama

Kyosama

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 602 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:18 AM

I love the Canucks, but not as much as the Jets. So please listen when I say that all the proposals listed are not enough or they are assets the Jets do not need.

1. Taking Luongo's NTC out of the equation, the Jets have no need for him (the same goes for Schneider). I'll give you a hint why. His name rhymes with "Smavlac."

2. Raymond is useless on any team. Why the Jets want to get weaker is beyond comprehension.

3. First round picks from the Canucks do not mean a lot when dealing w/ a player the caliber of Evander Kane.

4. Ballard is a complete waste. If he cannot succeed on the Canucks, he has no hope with the Jets, a far inferior team.

If Kane wants to be a spoiled brat and play for only one team, then that team will have to pay through the nose to get him. Remember, this is much different than Rick Nash, Dany Heatley, Roberto Luongo, Chris Pronger, etc. Kane is a RFA and has no bargaining power. The Jets hold all the cards. He can be a big boy and sign a new contract and grow up; or, he can sit out and not play at all. Either way, the Jets won't trade him to his favourite destination just because Kane says so.

And by the way, IF the Canucks were to get Kane, they would have to give up Edler and Burrows to make it happen.

I don't understand this argument at all. Wouldn't he have a better chance at succeeding on a far inferior team?
I agree with the other points though.

#210 da.moose

da.moose

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 976 posts

Posted 24 August 2012 - 09:25 AM

Pavelec is a beast. Team MVP last year and is only getting better. The last thing we need is a goalie. Pav extended long term for a reason.

As for Kane, I sure hope this isn't true. I agree that the fans were a little hard on him at times and rumours were flying through the first half of last season. However, I don't wanna get into those rumours. The kid is young and maybe made some mistakes but he means well. He worked hard to improve his image and I am confident that he will grow up to be a great hockey player and a great person for the city or Winnipeg.

I sure hope he didn't request a trade. I would be devastated. I already bought a number 9 Kane jersey!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.