The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Evander Kane will not negotiate contract with Winnipeg

Yeah maybe I am blinded a bit. I was merely hoping that his on ice behaviour was a temporary anomaly, and not a definitive version of who he will be next season. He does need to use his line mates more, and play hard as hell like he did to get to 41 goals in the first place.

I disagree about the need to carry the team attitude. Just carry it the right way, by being the hard working, grinding leader that led you into a decent contract in the first place. Oh, and recognize your linemates exist, and above all, get HEALTHY.

And, of course since this is a Kane thread, go Kane.

:lol:

A friend in University went to the same high school as him. He was home schooled and came for grad year and apparently walked around like an entitled spoiled brat. If his attitude didn't change, I don't think Gillis would be looking to acquire him.

Love what Kesler brings, but with the injuries, the embellishments and a generally bad attitude, I'm thinking it best to part ways and get players with less troubles provided the Canucks land a 1C to play either in front of Henrik or behind.

Then again, Kesler on the wing beside a 1C is far more effective.

Yes.

At least for Winnipeg Kane is still RFA. Horrible as it may be if he continues to improve his game after leaving, if they can get some valuable pieces via a trade they could hopefully, for their fans anyways, keep it to a somewhat lateral movement and not a complete loss.

A Schneiderish for Kaneish trade would be awesome before thinking about how much money he is going to want, and what position he would be most comfortable, and also productive, playing.

I love Burr with the Sedins because I like seeing him get 25-30 goals a year, but will it be better for us to bump him down where he would likely get fewer oppurtunities to hit 30 goals if it means Kane getting first line minutes and what, 30, 35, 40? What's his ceiling anyways?*

*hypothetically

I remember back to when I was just a Canucks fan and all the proposals that were thrown around, but I couldn't full appreciate their hilarity until the Jets returned :lol:

We don't need Luongo, we don't need Ballard, don't need Schneider.

To be honest, I am conflicted on Raymond. I think on a different team in a fresh start, he could maybe be productive, but still very cautious.

Players that would fit into our roster are maybe Raymond, Hansen, Kesler, Tanev/Edler. Jets need scoring depth and defensive/two-way defensemen.

Kane would certainly give the Canucks ageing roster a much needed face lift. But Booth/Kesler and Kane are too similar of players to all play together.

There have been rumours that Kane left retaurants without paying on a number of occasions in Winnipeg. Not really classy if that's true.

Maybe being closer to his family back in Vancouver will get him grounded.

Not surprised.

There was an issue with this already shortly After the announcing of the Atlanta Thrashers to Winnipeg. Names were not named, but there were some players that was not really happy with Winnipeg. Management and Ownership had to get the real estate assistance to help the players find nicer area's to live. Even Andrew Ladd said that if the players don't want to play for winnipeg, he doesn't want them on the team. Winnipeg is like the other Edmonton. No offence, boring city, terrible weather, not much to do. Kinda said he doesn't want to negotiate a contract.

My proposal Schroeder, Higgins and Raymond for Evander Kane. That's my starting offer, and I will for the hand onto Winnipeg to ask a little more.

Where does Booth fit in to begin with....Kesler doesn't seem to want to pass to him or anyone for that matter.

Kesler for Getzlaf

Luongo + 1st rd pick for E.Kane

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Kane-Gezlaf-Booth (If Booth can't adjust, then find someone who can)

If we could acquire Kane, things would be glorious. I'd actually prefer him over Nash :)

WPG: Schneider + 1st

VAN : Kane

Sedin - Sedin - Kane (30 Goal Scorer @ 20 years old!) :emot-parrot:

Booth - Kesler - Burrows

Higgins - Lapierre - Hansen

Bitz - Malhotra - Weise

Looks sooooooooo gooood!!!!

A friend in University went to the same high school as him. He was home schooled and came for grad year and apparently walked around like an entitled spoiled brat. If his attitude didn't change, I don't think Gillis would be looking to acquire him.

I would be happy if our offseason looked as simple as this:

Trade Schneider + first round pick (#26) for Evander Kane IF Pavelej goes to Russia

Play Kane with the Sedins and move Burrows to the second line.

Sign Justin Schultz to play alongside Edler.

Possibly sign Gaustad, otherwise let Lapierre and Manny split the third line center role.

Guest Dasein

My cousins girlfriends mom use to work at a convenience store and apparently she saw Kane picking his nose while shopping for 5 cent candy. I think we can guarantee Gillis wont pick him up since scouting probably has heard both these two very imperative stories! Give me a break man, he was young. Kesler use to be a right jerk when he was young too, I suppose we should of not drafted him too?

The reports of Evander Kane wanting out of Winnipeg appear to be greatly exaggerated.

According to TSN Hockey Insider Darren Dreger, Winnipeg Jets general manager Kevin Cheveldayoff has met with Kane's representatives from Newport Sports Management and dismissed the rumours of Kane's unhappiness with the team.

Dreger adds that the two sides also discussed contract parameters, but did not get down to talking numbers. Reports surfaced this week that a Jets player revealed that Kane didn't want to negotiate for a new contract - sparking trade rumours and speculation going into Friday's NHL Draft.

Kane, 20, scored a career-high 30 goals and 57 points last season and is eligible for restricted free agency on July 1.

Archived