The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Evander Kane will not negotiate contract with Winnipeg

Darren Dreger is one of the most reliable sources there is & the Jets also denied it, so therefore he didn't ask for a trade.

Also once again, with 18 million in cap space do you all think that the Jets wouldn't match any offer sheet thrown at Kane? The answer is YES the Jets would match any offer sheet thrown at Kane. All it would do is ruin our relationship with the Jets.

Gillis sin't stupid, he knew the Predators would match anything for Weber & he knows the Jets are in a position to match anything for Kane, so he won't do it.

Eddie Lack anyone? I think a Schneider for E.Kane straight up would be a good trade but than they would have to trade Pavelec ( who they just signed) or we could include Lack in the deal. He was rated as our top prospect and has looked excellent. Could easily turn into another Schneiderman. And what if we do ever deal Luongo? Than I guess we would need to find a new back-up. But maybe something like Lack, Ballard, Booth, 2nd round pick for Kane or maybe Lack, Raymond,1st,2nd, Rodin for Kane.

Up until Luongo blabbed to the media about expecting to be traded, I was championing a Schneider for Kane trade - and I say this as a full Schneider supporter in the goalie debate. I just felt like it was a realistic trade, and would still leave us with Luongo/Lack moving forwards.

After that Luongo interview I gave up hope, but now ... who knows. Feels like with the madness that are the current CBA negotiations, all bets are off.

The second line sucks because you have nobody that can pass. Forget chemistry, what's the point if you don't have a playmaker?

Kesler and Burrows have chemistry, yes but that was when Kesler wasn't a pure sniping center. If you still count playing on the PK as chemistry then well.. I don't know what to say. It's not like they have any decent amount of time in the offensive zone while they're on the PK.. Even if they did, Kesler would just shoot the puck

It would take more than that. Probably something like

To Florida: Roberto Luongo + Mason Raymond

To Vancouver: Shawn Matthias + Keaton Ellerby + Alex Petrovic

then

To Vancouver: Evander Kane

To Winnipeg: David Booth + Jannik Hansen + Anton Rodin + Alex Petrovic + Keith Ballard + 2013 2nd

Probably something like that

then

To Winnipeg: David Booth + Jannik Hansen + Anton Rodin + Alex Petrovic + Keith Ballard + 2013 2nd

The second line sucks because you have nobody that can pass. Forget chemistry, what's the point if you don't have a playmaker?

Kesler and Burrows have chemistry, yes but that was when Kesler wasn't a pure sniping center. If you still count playing on the PK as chemistry then well.. I don't know what to say. It's not like they have any decent amount of time in the offensive zone while they're on the PK.. Even if they did, Kesler would just shoot the puck

then

Archived