Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

briana

What if Luongo decided to pull a Thomas?

79 posts in this topic

If he does not get traded he can always say I am taking the year off to decide of my future...and spend time with my family..no explanation needed just like Thomas did.

Then what?

then i would feel even more ok about lou leaving the team in one way or another as it shows once again his commitment to this team: throwing his team under the bus yet again, only in a different way. "I'm not even mad, I'm impressed!"

Of course this is complete hypothetical talk

Probably everyone in Vancouver would turn on Luongo and everyone would be disappointed because we weren't able to trade a goaltender.

Canucks get sucked in pretty hard, don't get any return for his loss, watch Schneider struggle playing 70 games getting fatigued and get on their hands and knees for Luongo to come back.

I think Schneider is in phenomenal shape and could play 70 games easily barring any freak injuries. But I guess it's just another one your "omg we're doomed if we trust in Schneider" threads that I see pretty much daily now.

What makes you think he would do that?

If he does not get traded he can always say I am taking the year off to decide of my future...and spend time with my family..no explanation needed just like Thomas did.

Then what?

I get the point of this thread, but this situation is just so unlikely it's really pointless to discuss. Can you really imagine Luongo and his family sitting down and saying "you know, I'm set to make $6.7 million next year but I think I'll take the year off. I'm sure there won't be any weirdness in the room for the last 9 YEARS of my contract."

I think Schneider is in phenomenal shape and could play 70 games easily barring any freak injuries. But I guess it's just another one your "omg we're doomed if we trust in Schneider" threads that I see pretty much daily now.

If Luo were to do that and I were MG (which i am not) I think i would probably suspend him and bring up Lack. Then carry on as if nothing happened! With Cory in between the pipes I would think that Luo not being there wouldn't matter much! :bigblush:

People claim Lu has a big ego but, honestly, he's stepped back quite graciously to allow Cory to spread his wings. Lu is a team player and the "ego"people talk about is more an intensity and desire to win..he gets caught up in at times but is that such a bad thing? Thomas, on the other hand, puts himself first before the team.

If Lu did that it would honestly send people here over the edge.

It's just a "what if" scenario people....I don't think the OP intended it as "he would", moreso, is questioning what the reaction would be if we were in Boston's shoes.

Lu is under 35 so doesn't affect the cap like Thomas.

Lu is under 35 so doesn't affect the cap like Thomas.

Luongo hasn't won a cup yet and isnt even close to being 40 years old

If we trade Lu to Columbus I think he'd pull a Tim Thomas and bail