The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if Luongo decided to pull a Thomas?

briana

then i would feel even more ok about lou leaving the team in one way or another as it shows once again his commitment to this team: throwing his team under the bus yet again, only in a different way. "I'm not even mad, I'm impressed!"

Of course this is complete hypothetical talk

I think Schneider is in phenomenal shape and could play 70 games easily barring any freak injuries. But I guess it's just another one your "omg we're doomed if we trust in Schneider" threads that I see pretty much daily now.

I get the point of this thread, but this situation is just so unlikely it's really pointless to discuss. Can you really imagine Luongo and his family sitting down and saying "you know, I'm set to make $6.7 million next year but I think I'll take the year off. I'm sure there won't be any weirdness in the room for the last 9 YEARS of my contract."

I think Schneider is in phenomenal shape and could play 70 games easily barring any freak injuries. But I guess it's just another one your "omg we're doomed if we trust in Schneider" threads that I see pretty much daily now.

People claim Lu has a big ego but, honestly, he's stepped back quite graciously to allow Cory to spread his wings. Lu is a team player and the "ego"people talk about is more an intensity and desire to win..he gets caught up in at times but is that such a bad thing? Thomas, on the other hand, puts himself first before the team.

If Lu did that it would honestly send people here over the edge.

It's just a "what if" scenario people....I don't think the OP intended it as "he would", moreso, is questioning what the reaction would be if we were in Boston's shoes.

And mpt - exactly, well said. It's one thing to come in and "relieve" another goaltender as your mindset is geared toward that...however, when all the chips lie with you, it's an added pressure that requires strength mentally as well as physically if things do unravel a bit. I have faith in Cory, as he's demonstrated a very calm, composed demeanor but also appreciate that Lu's had to take the brunt of things as "captain/goaltender" when the team behind him wasn't doing so hot. It's a tough gig here...

People claim Lu has a big ego but, honestly, he's stepped back quite graciously to allow Cory to spread his wings. Lu is a team player and the "ego"people talk about is more an intensity and desire to win..he gets caught up in at times but is that such a bad thing? Thomas, on the other hand, puts himself first before the team.

If Lu did that it would honestly send people here over the edge.

It's just a "what if" scenario people....I don't think the OP intended it as "he would", moreso, is questioning what the reaction would be if we were in Boston's shoes.

Archived