The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What if Luongo decided to pull a Thomas?

briana

Then we get the Schnieder answer (if we can sign him) without losing Luogo. If we can sign Cory, I think he has a legitimate chance of being our number one goalie. If Roberto wanted to take a year Hiatus, beyond what my personal feeling on Thomas are and his motivation, the Canucks would be in a good position to answer can Cory be the top guy without losing Luongo.

In the end it would be a god thing for the team, or at least answer a lot of questions for people like me that don't "hate" Luongo or "love" Schnieder, we just think another guy could do the same job and get roughly the same results (possibly better, a cup).

Luo won't pull a Thomas. He is a professional and realizes that it is time to let Schneider play.

In Luongo's time here ,he has conducted himself as the consumate professional and has only said that he would waive his NTC if that is what is the best for the team. There is no way that he going to stoop so low as to walk away from his team like Thomas has.

The main thing is that both Luo and Schneids are competitors and why they each have respect for each other. I just wish CDC would do the same and show respect for both of them. We don't know which one is going to get moved or if that is even going to happen. MG is not going to let one of these guys go for anything other than a package that can actually make the team better. Right now we have 2 top goalies that have won trophies as the best tandem so a package coming this way has to be a significant upgrade in another area or MG will do as he said and keep both goalies to start the next season.

Tampa obviously did not want to pay the price and went in a different direction. Toronto has a chance to get Luongo but they to are going to have to give to get. Burkes ego probably has him convinced that Edmonton will give him the #1 pick and that Vancouver will solve TO's goalie problems for a bunch of hand me downs.....sooner or later reality will hopefully prevail.

My gut tells me that when Luongo or Schneider get traded, it will be to a team that isn't on the radar yet.

Roberto wouldnt... he's a class act. Although if he did, the fans deserve it... 80th game of the season the team is on the brink of locking up another presidents trophy and he lets in 4 goals vs the ducks.Three which he had no chance on - as he gets pulled these classless idiots in Rogers Arena start booing him...

Absolutely disgraceful. The organization should beg him to stay.

Archived