Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

What if Luongo decided to pull a Thomas?

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
78 replies to this topic

#61 RyanKeslord17

RyanKeslord17

Canucks First-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,895 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:21 PM

Luongo isn't a dick like Thomas
Posted Image

#62 Paulpro

Paulpro

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:28 PM

That is also true! Yay

#63 Neil HD

Neil HD

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 381 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:40 PM

History Will Be Made

#64 Paulpro

Paulpro

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 84 posts

Posted 16 June 2012 - 11:54 PM

If he does not get traded he can always say I am taking the year off to decide of my future...and spend time with my family..no explanation needed just like Thomas did.

Then what?

Did I really post this? Was I sober out of my mind or something? But I dn't s know now ll

#65 BiasedCarrot

BiasedCarrot

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 46 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 03:18 AM

If he does not get traded he can always say I am taking the year off to decide of my future...and spend time with my family..no explanation needed just like Thomas did.

Then what?

Or seeing as Schneider replaced Luongo as the starter in the playoffs, he can pull a Thomas from two years ago when Rask replaced Thomas at the end of the season and the next year Thomas won the Vezina, Conn Smythe and the Stanley Cup.
:bigblush:

#66 riffraff

riffraff

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,046 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:04 AM

What if Cory Schneider really is Roberto Luongo in a costume?! What if what if what if? Who cares about what if's? Reality is so much more interesting!

More likely that schneids is the third sedin - the rebel one who had his own apartment during his fetal development and decided to be a goalie just to annoy his older twin bros.
Posted Image

CanucksSayEh, on 12 March 2013 - 10:12 PM, said:
When the playoffs come around, nobody is scared of getting in a fight, but every night, they get their mom to check under the bed for Raffi Torres.

#67 CowtownCanuck

CowtownCanuck

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,387 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:14 AM

Then we get the Schnieder answer (if we can sign him) without losing Luogo. If we can sign Cory, I think he has a legitimate chance of being our number one goalie. If Roberto wanted to take a year Hiatus, beyond what my personal feeling on Thomas are and his motivation, the Canucks would be in a good position to answer can Cory be the top guy without losing Luongo.

In the end it would be a god thing for the team, or at least answer a lot of questions for people like me that don't "hate" Luongo or "love" Schnieder, we just think another guy could do the same job and get roughly the same results (possibly better, a cup).

#68 Nino

Nino

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,540 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:17 AM

Mr I don't play for the fans is a dick, he may not be a dick like Thomas but a dick none the less.

#69 komodo1970

komodo1970

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 683 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 09:22 AM

Hey, we wouldn't have to pay him. Huge mistake on his part if he ever wants to play again. Credibility would go right out the window.

Edited by komodo1970, 17 June 2012 - 09:23 AM.

#70 bluesman60

bluesman60

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,392 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:08 AM

Luo won't pull a Thomas. He is a professional and realizes that it is time to let Schneider play.
In Luongo's time here ,he has conducted himself as the consumate professional and has only said that he would waive his NTC if that is what is the best for the team. There is no way that he going to stoop so low as to walk away from his team like Thomas has.
The main thing is that both Luo and Schneids are competitors and why they each have respect for each other. I just wish CDC would do the same and show respect for both of them. We don't know which one is going to get moved or if that is even going to happen. MG is not going to let one of these guys go for anything other than a package that can actually make the team better. Right now we have 2 top goalies that have won trophies as the best tandem so a package coming this way has to be a significant upgrade in another area or MG will do as he said and keep both goalies to start the next season.
Tampa obviously did not want to pay the price and went in a different direction. Toronto has a chance to get Luongo but they to are going to have to give to get. Burkes ego probably has him convinced that Edmonton will give him the #1 pick and that Vancouver will solve TO's goalie problems for a bunch of hand me downs.....sooner or later reality will hopefully prevail.
My gut tells me that when Luongo or Schneider get traded, it will be to a team that isn't on the radar yet.

#71 hudson bay rules

hudson bay rules

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,386 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:12 AM

Lou shutting up is not the same as him changing attitudes.
I love rock and roll, just put another dime in the juice box baby.

#72 Losing With Pride

Losing With Pride

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,715 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:40 AM

CDC would rush his house with socks and bars of soap.

You do the math.

#73 Dion Phaneuf

Dion Phaneuf

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,567 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 11:51 AM

MG fired. He wasn't able to get a scrub in return for a waste of a contract or take a decent offer when he had a chance.

LOOL

gallery_47851_23_84084.png

medium.png - CDCGML 483288048.png - EHL medium.png - STHS medium.png - CDCFL

#74 VanCityScout

VanCityScout

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,684 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 02:11 PM

never gonna happen!!

#75 Underachieving Hero of CDC

Underachieving Hero of CDC

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 875 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:41 PM

You have a disease called epistemological scepticism - you should get it lanced. The lay description is that you have an addiction to racing from unwarranted assumptions directly into foregone conclusions.

I'm assuming you meant this post for DownUnda, not me...in which case I sympathise with you.

#76 allkill326

allkill326

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,270 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:45 PM

Luongo FTW.

I used to looooove Thomas, but I was just so disappointed with the move he made. :(
Posted Image

#77 2gingers1cup

2gingers1cup

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 114 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 05:46 PM

What if Luongo decided to pull a Thomas?

Then may God help us all
CDC VBA - Boston Celtics GM
CDC VHL - Calgary Flames Assistant GM

#78 thehamburglar

thehamburglar

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,282 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:10 PM

He won't He's probably one of the mentally strongest NHL players.
Posted Image

#79 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,843 posts

Posted 17 June 2012 - 08:18 PM

Roberto wouldnt... he's a class act. Although if he did, the fans deserve it... 80th game of the season the team is on the brink of locking up another presidents trophy and he lets in 4 goals vs the ducks.Three which he had no chance on - as he gets pulled these classless idiots in Rogers Arena start booing him...

Absolutely disgraceful. The organization should beg him to stay.
WHATCHU GONNA DO WHEN MILLERMANIA RUNS WILDDDD ON YOU?!

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.