The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Speculation) Rick Nash to Vancouver?

The most likely destination for Nash is the New York Rangers, who, like everyone else, covet pending unrestricted free agent Zach Parise but who were told earlier this week that Parise doesn't consider that a realistic move for him. The Rangers are still looking to get over the top after losing in the Eastern Conference finals to New Jersey, and need help up front, as it's expected star Marian Gaborik will be sidelined five to six months following shoulder surgery.

The other likely destination is Vancouver, where the Canucks are looking to unload Roberto Luongo and figure out a way to make good on years of unfulfilled playoff promise. The San Jose Sharks will be looking to make a move, too, after losing in the first round despite making a big splash at last year's draft by trading for defenseman Brent Burns.

On many fronts this makes sense for both teams, but no matter how much hockey sense it makes I can't get over a couple of things:

Why would Luongo waive his NTC to go to a perennial bottom-feeding team (a couple of playoff games the exception of course) when he was recently one win away from the holy-grail?

More importantly, if his wife didn't want to live in Vancouver (considered globally as one of the most desireable places in the entire world to live) what makes anyone think his wife would want to live in the CBJ (yes, I know it would be closer to her home in Fla, but let's be real, it's still CBJ)?

Luongo, Higgins, 1st, Yann Suave

Nash

I wouldn't know what to think, Basically sign Garrison and have the best team of all time.

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Nash

Ott Lapierre Kassian

Bitz Pahllson Hansen

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Tanev/Schultz

Schneider

Gillis is god if this happened.

No way Luongo waives his NTC.

Even sending Schneider there seems like a terrible thing to do to such a character guy. Poor Schneds, presumably, he would have to at least play there for a whole year, don't sign contract and the following year he becomes UFA.

Schneids, if you sign a contract with Van, make sure there is a NVM or else Gillis might sign and trade you to Columbus.

LOL... I wonder if his going to Columbus would remind him of his Florida days?

A mish-mash of players with little to no playoff aspirations, draft busts, and he'll have to stand on his head behind the young team... good times had by all :lol:

Wouldn't Cory Schneider plus whatever else for Rick Nash make Us a better Team next Year. It's likely Luongo is leaving, but He did sign here two Years ago. Mike Gillis is responsible for the Goalie controversy by keeping Cory for so long. Teams have been asking about Cory for a while. Maybe, Mike G. is right in keeping Cory. If I'm the Canucks I'd want Rick Nash right now. The Canucks would have to shep some Salary though. That isn't easy.

Archived